Offering spell/triggering assistance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

emjlr3

Change can be a good thing
Reaction score
first part change impale art to schokwave, lower stun, change hewight to 0, done

second one, create a trigger that checks fo ra random number between 1-100 lower then 2, or 4 ,r 6 or whatever, and if so, create a dummy unit at caster, give it smae ability, and have it cast it, and have it paly casters spell slam animation, done

T

Tubby115

emjlr3 said:
first part change impale art to schokwave, lower stun, change hewight to 0, done

second one, create a trigger that checks fo ra random number between 1-100 lower then 2, or 4 ,r 6 or whatever, and if so, create a dummy unit at caster, give it smae ability, and have it cast it, and have it paly casters spell slam animation, done

sorry, like i said, im new. I don't know how to use dummys. can you explain please?

emjlr3

Reaction score
far to much to explain, search or read tutorials

MooMooMan

Reaction score
ok thx alot helpful hulk! (finally my cloud char shall be created!!!!!!!!!!!!!) o yeah btw, doi base the blink storm off of blink?

it also figures that its done by ruination :D hes also helping me with the icons for these moves!!!!!! FULL CREDIT TO YA RUINATION!

T

Tubby115

Ok, one of the other spells i want to figure out is this.
Focus: My (unnamed) hero focuses on an opponent. The Targets armor and movement speed is reduced. My hero will not stop attacking the target until it is dead and is unable to cast spells. If the hero is issued an order, he ignores it and continues attacking (or chasing) the unit.
Lvl 1: -3 armor reduction, 15% movement speed decrease
Lvl 2: -5 Amor reduc, 27% move speed decrease
Lvl 3: -8 armor reduc, 39% move speed decrease
Lvl 4: -12 armor reduc, 55% movespeed decrease

anyone wanna take a stab at it? or at lease tell me how?

emjlr3

Reaction score
just base it off like an rmr reduction spell, create a dummy unit that casts slow on the unit, then make a trigger run every so often that keeps giving the unit an order to attack the target unit

mase

____ ___ ____ __
Reaction score
Sellmypc i no this may take long but can u at least tell me how far u r with my map? Plz do so and Ty agian for doing so.

S

salempc

aready sent by email :)

MooMooman:

I HATE bladebeam lol! I got it to jump and throw the first wave with a cool animation, but the dummy unit wont cast the friggin spell so im still looking at it. I have tried changing from like 5 spells for the dummy but only finger of death will cast, but wont show the graphics, anyone knows why?

this gave me headaches :( still working on it......... TRying to be a helpful helper!

S

salempc

Cloud strife omnislash changed as u wanted it, blade beam still not fixed!! :D

T

Tubby115

emjlr3 said:
... then make a trigger run every so often that keeps giving the unit an order to attack the target unit

what would such a trigger look like?

mase

____ ___ ____ __
Reaction score
Dude sell most of ur abilities on my map dont work like vomit and stinky gas. But thanx neway. I got the hang of making custom heros and abilities i got it now.

S

salempc

uh, they work.....

lol vomit doesnt?

I didnt even test vomit lol

S

salempc

oh yah here is fixed omnislash, still gonna implement corrected braver and bladebeam later :)

Attachments

• cloud strife.w3x
    20.4 KB · Views: 145

emjlr3

Reaction score
salempc said:
oh yah here is fixed omnislash, still gonna implement corrected braver and bladebeam later :)

i fixed blade beam and sent him a map of it, no need to redo, hes said he liked it how i did it

S

salempc

emjlr3 said:
i fixed blade beam and sent him a map of it, no need to redo, hes said he liked it how i did it

oh you take the credit away :(:(:( lol

no hard feelings ok? :p

btw, do you happen to know why the dummy unit wouldnt cast the spell? It did when i based it off finger of death, and originally i wanted to base it from forked lightning but it just wouldnt cast it :banghead:

emjlr3

Reaction score
i would have to look again to tell you for sure, and I no longer have the map on my comp, but i am pretty sure your trigger was wrong, cuz i remember looking at it and being like...no wonder it dont work...heh

btw you can give credit if you want, but in all honestly, it took me about 5 minutes to fix up, not a big deal

S

salempc

lol

the thing is that if i tested the trigger with another ability it did work, so the trigger was right, just a bit screwed up for the integer thingys, which i dont need with fan of knives :)

emjlr3

Reaction score
yea it was funny, like create a bunch of dummys, and have themm all cast finger on different random units or some shit, just use FOK, much easier

and btw toaster, seems like some people are having trouble with your maps, maybe you should test em before you release em

emjlr3

Reaction score
you ahve to get into sounds and set eh sound you want to be able to be used as s sound/music

y did u get banned?

Darthfett

Aerospace/Cybersecurity Software Engineer
Reaction score
1. Go to the sound editor Button (like the object editor, only with a sound icon)
2. Find the sound you want to play in the list of sounds
3. Right click on the sound and click the button that allows it to be played.
4. There, you have your variable. It will be automatically be created to be used in the trigger editor.

For setting a variable to the casting unit, just use set (Castor <a variable>) to (Last created unit) Then, just order the unit to cast the spell on a random unit within a region postitioned on the unit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.