Offering spell/triggering assistance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

emjlr3

Change can be a good thing
Reaction score
first part change impale art to schokwave, lower stun, change hewight to 0, done

second one, create a trigger that checks fo ra random number between 1-100 lower then 2, or 4 ,r 6 or whatever, and if so, create a dummy unit at caster, give it smae ability, and have it cast it, and have it paly casters spell slam animation, done

T

Tubby115

emjlr3 said:
first part change impale art to schokwave, lower stun, change hewight to 0, done

second one, create a trigger that checks fo ra random number between 1-100 lower then 2, or 4 ,r 6 or whatever, and if so, create a dummy unit at caster, give it smae ability, and have it cast it, and have it paly casters spell slam animation, done

sorry, like i said, im new. I don't know how to use dummys. can you explain please?

emjlr3

Reaction score
far to much to explain, search or read tutorials

MooMooMan

Reaction score
ok thx alot helpful hulk! (finally my cloud char shall be created!!!!!!!!!!!!!) o yeah btw, doi base the blink storm off of blink?

it also figures that its done by ruination :D hes also helping me with the icons for these moves!!!!!! FULL CREDIT TO YA RUINATION!

T

Tubby115

Ok, one of the other spells i want to figure out is this.
Focus: My (unnamed) hero focuses on an opponent. The Targets armor and movement speed is reduced. My hero will not stop attacking the target until it is dead and is unable to cast spells. If the hero is issued an order, he ignores it and continues attacking (or chasing) the unit.
Lvl 1: -3 armor reduction, 15% movement speed decrease
Lvl 2: -5 Amor reduc, 27% move speed decrease
Lvl 3: -8 armor reduc, 39% move speed decrease
Lvl 4: -12 armor reduc, 55% movespeed decrease

anyone wanna take a stab at it? or at lease tell me how?

emjlr3

Reaction score
just base it off like an rmr reduction spell, create a dummy unit that casts slow on the unit, then make a trigger run every so often that keeps giving the unit an order to attack the target unit

mase

____ ___ ____ __
Reaction score
Sellmypc i no this may take long but can u at least tell me how far u r with my map? Plz do so and Ty agian for doing so.

S

salempc

aready sent by email :)

MooMooman:

I HATE bladebeam lol! I got it to jump and throw the first wave with a cool animation, but the dummy unit wont cast the friggin spell so im still looking at it. I have tried changing from like 5 spells for the dummy but only finger of death will cast, but wont show the graphics, anyone knows why?

this gave me headaches :( still working on it......... TRying to be a helpful helper!

S

salempc

Cloud strife omnislash changed as u wanted it, blade beam still not fixed!! :D

T

Tubby115

emjlr3 said:
... then make a trigger run every so often that keeps giving the unit an order to attack the target unit

what would such a trigger look like?

mase

____ ___ ____ __
Reaction score
Dude sell most of ur abilities on my map dont work like vomit and stinky gas. But thanx neway. I got the hang of making custom heros and abilities i got it now.

S

salempc

uh, they work.....

lol vomit doesnt?

I didnt even test vomit lol

S

salempc

oh yah here is fixed omnislash, still gonna implement corrected braver and bladebeam later :)

Attachments

• cloud strife.w3x
    20.4 KB · Views: 146

emjlr3

Reaction score
salempc said:
oh yah here is fixed omnislash, still gonna implement corrected braver and bladebeam later :)

i fixed blade beam and sent him a map of it, no need to redo, hes said he liked it how i did it

S

salempc

emjlr3 said:
i fixed blade beam and sent him a map of it, no need to redo, hes said he liked it how i did it

oh you take the credit away :(:(:( lol

no hard feelings ok? :p

btw, do you happen to know why the dummy unit wouldnt cast the spell? It did when i based it off finger of death, and originally i wanted to base it from forked lightning but it just wouldnt cast it :banghead:

emjlr3

Reaction score
i would have to look again to tell you for sure, and I no longer have the map on my comp, but i am pretty sure your trigger was wrong, cuz i remember looking at it and being like...no wonder it dont work...heh

btw you can give credit if you want, but in all honestly, it took me about 5 minutes to fix up, not a big deal

S

salempc

lol

the thing is that if i tested the trigger with another ability it did work, so the trigger was right, just a bit screwed up for the integer thingys, which i dont need with fan of knives :)

emjlr3

Reaction score
yea it was funny, like create a bunch of dummys, and have themm all cast finger on different random units or some shit, just use FOK, much easier

and btw toaster, seems like some people are having trouble with your maps, maybe you should test em before you release em

emjlr3

Reaction score
you ahve to get into sounds and set eh sound you want to be able to be used as s sound/music

y did u get banned?

Darthfett

Aerospace/Cybersecurity Software Engineer
Reaction score
1. Go to the sound editor Button (like the object editor, only with a sound icon)
2. Find the sound you want to play in the list of sounds
3. Right click on the sound and click the button that allows it to be played.
4. There, you have your variable. It will be automatically be created to be used in the trigger editor.

For setting a variable to the casting unit, just use set (Castor <a variable>) to (Last created unit) Then, just order the unit to cast the spell on a random unit within a region postitioned on the unit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Howdy
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Heard Houston got hit pretty bad by storms last night. Hope all is well with TH.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Power back on finally - all is good here no damage
    +2
  • V-SNES V-SNES:
    Happy Friday!
    +1

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.