Offering spell/triggering assistance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

salempc

mase im working on your map now sorry for not doing it before as I didnt have it :)

mase

____ ___ ____ __
Reaction score
salempc said:
mase im working on your map now sorry for not doing it before as I didnt have it :)
Dont worry. Just email me it afterwards.^^ TY agian.

Sargon

Reaction score
mase said:
If u need more help go here: Vexorians Spells

Actually, don't. That's for his spells and systems, not your trigger problems. This forum is the forum for your trigger problems.

mase

____ ___ ____ __
Reaction score
moo u were like the 5th person in line for his services which means he wont be able to do ur stuff first smart one.

MooMooMan

Reaction score
first of all it was 3rd in line,
second of all, he WAS working on my moves before you sent him the map again. i desperatly need those abilitiesé

emjlr3

Change can be a good thing
Reaction score
I can help someone of they need any, I am decent at spells and triggers, I have recently been helping ruination with some of his, so let me know anyone, so the brave little toaster is not completely swamped as he is right now

MooMooMan

Reaction score
ok mister helpful hulk

i need 3 moves done

1:braver: the arthas model, with frostmourn, jumps into the air then dropping his sword down onto the thick heads of his enemies. i need the arthas model to do an attack animation in the air, and when it hits his enemies it does 100/150/200/250/300 damage, and stuns them for 1/1.5/2/2.5/3 seconds.

2:BladeBeam: i need arthas to do his down slash sword animation, and then a shockwave comes out.(this MUST have to target the enemy, not the ground)
then when the beam hits, dealing200/250/300/350/400 dmg, it splits off into 5 other smaller beams, each dealing 100/125/150/175/200 dmg.

OmniSlash: basically like dotas, except there is a chance to do a 50% critical in between blinks

emjlr3

Reaction score
MooMooMan said:
ok mister helpful hulk

i need 3 moves done

1:braver: the arthas model, with frostmourn, jumps into the air then dropping his sword down onto the thick heads of his enemies. i need the arthas model to do an attack animation in the air, and when it hits his enemies it does 100/150/200/250/300 damage, and stuns them for 1/1.5/2/2.5/3 seconds.

2:BladeBeam: i need arthas to do his down slash sword animation, and then a shockwave comes out.(this MUST have to target the enemy, not the ground)
then when the beam hits, dealing200/250/300/350/400 dmg, it splits off into 5 other smaller beams, each dealing 100/125/150/175/200 dmg.

OmniSlash: basically like dotas, except there is a chance to do a 50% critical in between blinks

1. braver ive read is about done or something, so ill live that for now

2.easily done, jsut base it off like firebolt or anything targetable, change the porjectile and cast animation accordingly, then create a dummy unit at the target, give it fan of knives, change the projectiles accordingly, and have it cast it when the unit is it with the beam

3.omni-very easy, just use the dota ability, very easy to make, has alreayd been done here I believe, if not im sure ruination would let you use his, and give the hero a passive crit ability durng the effect, and remove it when the spell is done

btw, mister helpful hulk...I like the sound of that :)

MooMooMan

Reaction score
u think u could give me a trigger to use for blade beam? my triggers suck, they never work, i can put the critical there, but it wont come off after, then when ive made the dummy unit, it wont cast fan of knives! i mean wtf? so a little trigger help would be vastly appreciated!

i so dum and: :nuts:

S

salempc

I am posting half finished cloud strife:

Moomooman dont worry im gonna finish it just that ive been on exam week so i havent had much time. Im working on it right now bue this is an advance with omnislash, braver and blade beam

Attachments

• cloud strife.w3x
    19.2 KB · Views: 141

mase

____ ___ ____ __
Reaction score
Yo sellmypc also if can (u can do this once ur done with everything else that was b4 this post if u want) can u put a Jump trigger in that map? I would like one for my CSS map and all i will have to do is copy and paste. Plz put one if u can!

S

salempc

Ill tell you my secret for jumping:

RAVEN FORM IS GOD DAMN CRAP IT NEVER WORKS!! lol :)

what i did was to make my unit flying with 0 flying height, and with a periodic trigger that finds any type of "ground unit" that is not ground and add classification as ground, it can be once it is created, enters map, periodic event, u decide what should make it.

To make it jump the trigger should do something like
Animation - change fly height to (400 is good) at (350 speed is cool)
(actions to perform in the air, may want to include attack animation (Animation - play units attack animation using only rare animation))
Animation - change fly height to 0 at (good falling speed like 800 or 1000)

mase

____ ___ ____ __
Reaction score
salempc said:
Ill tell you my secret for jumping:

1) RAVEN FORM IS GOD DAMN CRAP IT NEVER WORKS!! lol :)

what i did was to make my unit flying with 0 flying height, and with a periodic trigger that finds any type of "ground unit" that is not ground and add classification as ground, it can be once it is created, enters map, periodic event, u decide what should make it.

2) To make it jump the trigger should do something like
Animation - change fly height to (400 is good) at (350 speed is cool)
(actions to perform in the air, may want to include attack animation (Animation - play units attack animation using only rare animation))
Animation - change fly height to 0 at (good falling speed like 800 or 1000)
1) I AGREE
2) Ya but cant they go over walls?

S

salempc

umm havent tried it, but if height is 0 then it could not go? i dunno lol just gotta try, or set pathing blockers to help

emjlr3

Reaction score
I edited the blade beam ability in toasters map to reflect more of what you wanted I think

btw I dont even think yours worked completely toaster

MooMooMan

Reaction score
WOW OMG I DIDNT THINK IT WAS POSSIBLE!!!!!!!!

u fixed blade beam for me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(y does he jump in the air for it????, i wanted that on braver!)

wow man gj

now,..... how do i get those moves onto my map, im afraid this is my first time doing this :eek: ...

edit: the bladebeam is not supposed to have the jump on it! that was supposed to go on the braver! he was supposed to to jump to the unit, then slash,stunning for the alotted time. jump so we can see him jump that is.

the next one is my fault, i changed my mind about omnislash, id like it to be like the one in DOTA(yes rad DOTA!) except gives a slight attk speed increase, so as to allow more slashes during the omnislash.

im so sry, i know u worked hard on it, but..... if you could help one last time...

u could too if u wanted, helpful hulk :D !

mase

____ ___ ____ __
Reaction score
salempc said:
umm havent tried it, but if height is 0 then it could not go? i dunno lol just gotta try, or set pathing blockers to help
You could have the unit hover, then change the ability.

emjlr3

Reaction score
for bladebeam, jsut take out teh part where it changes the units height

for omni slash, that is pretty easy, ill post an easy trigger for it on here

this btw was made by ruination

Code:
Blink Storm
    Events
        Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability
    Conditions
        (Ability being cast) Equal to Blink Storm [channel]
    Actions
        Set Caster[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] = (Casting unit)
        Sound - Play HydraliskWhat1 <gen> at 100.00% volume, attached to Caster[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))]
        Set Units_in_range[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] = (Units within 1000.00 of (Position of Caster[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))]) matching ((((Matching unit) belongs to an enemy of (Owner of Caster[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))])) Equal to True) and (((Matching unit) is alive
        Environment - Create a 0.70 second Normal ripple deformation at (Position of Caster[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))]) with starting radius 50.00, ending radius 250.00, and depth 70.00, using 0.25 second ripples spaced 10.00 apart
        For each (Integer Integer[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))]) from 1 to 12, do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
                    If - Conditions
                        (Units_in_range[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] is empty) Equal to False
                        (Caster[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] is dead) Equal to False
                    Then - Actions
                        Set Unit[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] = (Random unit from Units_in_range[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))])
                        Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the origin of Caster[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] using Abilities\Spells\NightElf\Blink\BlinkCaster.mdl
                        Unit - Move Caster[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] instantly to (Position of Unit[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))]), facing (Position of Unit[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))])
                        Unit - Pause Unit[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))]
                        Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the origin of Caster[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] using Abilities\Spells\NightElf\Blink\BlinkTarget.mdl
                        Environment - Create a 0.70 second Normal ripple deformation at (Position of Caster[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))]) with starting radius 50.00, ending radius 250.00, and depth 55.00, using 0.25 second ripples spaced 10.00 apart
                        Unit - Order Caster[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] to Attack Unit[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))]
                        Unit - Unpause Unit[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))]
                        Unit Group - Remove Unit[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] from Units_in_range[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))]
                        Wait 1.00 game-time seconds
                    Else - Actions

as for putting the spell into your maps

jsut copy the ability, the dummy unit, the dummy ability, and th trigger, then make sure the trigger points to ther right units and abilitys, and your good

T

Tubby115

Hi, im pretty new at all this... I am trying to make a few various spells for a dota style map, 1st one:

EarthCrack: AoE, much like (probably basable off) shockwave. The hero, probably a tauren, slams the ground (Thunder Clap Caster Anim(deals no damage)) and sends forth an impale like effect, except units don't get shot up in the air, and the stun is only for like .01 seconds. I don't want the units effected by the spell to be stunned, i just want to cancel the last order given to the unit (mainly to cancel channeling spells).

This one is also for my Tauren hero

Unnamed: Strange spell. My hero also has a Slam like ability. I want it, so whenever he casts either of the slam or Earthcrack, there is a slight chance he will cast it again immediatly afterwards for no mana cost.
Lvl 1: 2% chance
Lvl 2: 3% chance
Lvl 3: 4% Chance
Lvl 4: 5% Chance
anyway... i have more but my mom is forcing me off the comp.
Any help is appreciated! Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.