RPG Idea

Rinpun

Ex TH Member
Reaction score
(Off topic: 100th post. W00t!)

Looks pretty good, you might want to add some more doodads, like fence, heads on pikes, and trashed (and alive) cages.

Here is the current Swordsman skin. Let me know how this looks:

TFlan

I could change this in my User CP.
Reaction score
Looks great!!! Good job, again, im looking at it in 2D now and still reloading WE so hold on.... btw did you add the sword on the book? And there is the part with 'RU' with a line under it and a 'W' under that... what is it?

Looking at the 3D one now... LOOKS SO MUCH COOLER!!! Again, Nice Job. I seriously am going to like bow to you if i ever meet you :D

Rinpun

Ex TH Member
Reaction score
Heheh :D

Let me answer the questions :D

1) Yes I had to add the little sword. It looks cruddy but it gets the job done. The original is a hammer and crown imprint. That doesn't belong with a Swordsman. :)

2) RuW? Beats me. Probably just some random acronym by Blizzard. You might notice an upside down "Matt" as well, which is probably the name of the Blizzard artist.

As I've said, I don't take off insignias :) If you look in the old Arthas blp, you'll see the same old insignias.

Also, I made this one to be coupled with my sword skin, if possible. Have fun--both images together take up about the size of the Marksman skin.

TFlan

Reaction score
Ok thanks i was jw.

TFlan

Reaction score
any ideas on what i should call the map?

Any ideas in general???

Any more skinning ideas to be specific, on one area?

Rinpun

Ex TH Member
Reaction score
Doesn't matter.

And heh, I hope you don't stop taking my contributions, but I'm now officially banned from wc3sear.ch. Doesn't matter. Sucks to be them. They banned a contributor better than some of their other skins :D

P.S. I put in that axeman with the dark red skin into the skins section, where all of the admins are mysteriously touchy in. I first uploaded a really crappy skin a month ago, but I didn't suspect that putting in a dumb newb skin back when I only used the paintbrush would harm my reputation after I send it a much higher quality skin.

TFlan

Reaction score
*gets curious* What did you do?

And what do you mean touchy?

Rinpun

Ex TH Member
Reaction score
I put it in the P.S. :D

Touchy. Fools. Whatever you want to call it. Like everyone here sometimes feels but actually gets over. For at least VGSatomi it seems 24/7. :D

They just feel like saying "Your skin sucks. We took it off. We hate you. Goodbye."

TFlan

Reaction score
lol!

Ok whats the path for the swordsman skin? i forgot to save it and i closed and now i have to reput it in :( only lost the skin nothing else, yet that i have found.

TFlan

Reaction score
Brilliant Idea!!!

Use the Troll Berserker for the Hunter!!!! It would be perfect :D ! Just change and add a few things like some camo/ruggy look like you did for the marksman.

You gotta try it :D !

PS: I wish i could skin :(

Rinpun

Ex TH Member
Reaction score
I'll try that :D

Path is Textures\Arthas.blp

P.S. I'm working on custom icons for the Swordsman. I'll get back to you with them sooner or later :)

Pardon me, Player 11, do you mean the Head Hunter Berzerker?

TFlan

Reaction score
k thank-you :D

Also is there any way to reduce the size of the blp's?? cause i think i am going to need more space than what i have left. Not sure though so don't take that so seriously untill i ask everyone in like every thread.

Rinpun

Ex TH Member
Reaction score
Nope, just efficiency. As much alphaing and such as possible so that the file is all black (the natural "color" for less data taking up, because as far as I know black is lack of color) in the parts where it doesn't need to be colorful. You also have to hope that the Blizzard image in particular is efficient. In the Beastmaster's case, it is not at all efficient. In Artha's case, it is INCREDIBLY efficient.

60-80 KB is good-sized blp. Don't import anything besides 2d images and you'll be fine data-wise. Your map will be easily playable even if it is 2 mb big (which even of itself doesn't sound easy to reach--you'd need 20 different custom skins in order for it to be so)

TFlan

Reaction score
or a map filled with doodads, triggers, and a huge map. Either way works :D

*Yawn* Wow its getting late....... i need to do my HW still........ i hate algebra....... *yawn :eek: * Sooooooo hows life treating you?? (off topic, but im bored and tired)

TFlan

Reaction score
sorry didn't see the edit with the attachments.... lets check them out

Rinpun

Ex TH Member
Reaction score
----

Very well. A little cramped over here, but eh, I've always liked cramped spaces, physically and mentally.

You're still on Algebra?? :eek:

Sorry, that must be the official question I ask everyone :D

*Hugs Physics and Calculus book*

----

Yea, let me know. They might be a little messed up though. I found the best background I could get to go with a change of blonde to black hair is white, and I accidentally messed up on the BTN as opposed to the DISBTN, which looks somewhat better IMO.

TFlan

Reaction score
Why is there a grayed out version?? (thats weird its less size...)

Is this the Hero Icon or an Abilibity Icon?

TFlan

Reaction score
Rinpun said:
... You're still on Algebra?? :eek:

Sorry, that must be the official question I ask everyone :D

*Hugs Physics and Calculus book*...

Hey, im only in 8th grade...... plus im an 'Advanced Learner' so say the teacher.... toke a placement test in 7th grade to see if i can do algebra instead of pre-algebra

Rinpun

Ex TH Member
Reaction score
Dude, every icon HAS to have a DISBTN! :D

Abilities might have up to FOUR different icons, while units only having two. While you can only work with BTN (which shows up on the alive hero), what happens when the hero dies/is dead/is placed without the game recognizing it yet? It shows the DISBTN! What happens when there is no DISBTN? You get an ugly bright green square!

I don't know why, but Warcraft doesn't automatically cleave off the frame and apply a black opaque layer to the icon in question to automatically create a DISBTN, so you have to do it yourself.

You're in 8th grade? Well, you're staring at someone who's graded in the same category :D

TFlan

Reaction score
What program do you use to skin skins?

Again what ability is this for?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • WildTurkey WildTurkey:
    is there a stephen green in the house?
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up WildTurkey?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Looks like Google fixed whatever mistake that made the recipes on the site go crazy and we are no longer trending towards a recipe site lol - I don't care though because it motivated me to spend alot of time on the site improving it and at least now the content people are looking at is not stupid and embarrassing like it was when I first got back into this like 5 years ago.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Plus - I have a pretty bad ass recipe collection now! That section of the site is 10 thousand times better than it was before
  • The Helper The Helper:
    We now have a web designer at my job. A legit talented professional! I am going to get him to redesign the site theme. It is time.
  • Varine Varine:
    I got one more day of community service and then I'm free from this nonsense! I polished a cop car today for a funeral or something I guess
  • Varine Varine:
    They also were digging threw old shit at the sheriff's office and I tried to get them to give me the old electronic stuff, but they said no. They can't give it to people because they might use it to impersonate a cop or break into their network or some shit? idk but it was a shame to see them take a whole bunch of radios and shit to get shredded and landfilled
  • The Helper The Helper:
    whatever at least you are free
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How are you all? :D
    +1
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Howdy
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.