RPG Idea

Rinpun

Ex TH Member
Reaction score
Uh...what? Explain, Tristan. I didn't understand your last post :)

And by the way, how should I change the Beastmaster skin into a Berzerker/Axeman?

Last of all, I hope you don't mind, but I may end up sending the skin to you and this other person, who would like a Berzerker hero for his map :)

At the moment, I have one based off a ChaosGrunt which I made a few hours ago:

TFlan

I could change this in my User CP.
Reaction score
Well--

First, what i meant was all the unit on placed on the castle wall now look like the hero Marksman (which i didn't expect) and now i have to replace them all with some other unit because they look kinda creepy just standing there with like 50 of em. Looks like their gonna rip your head off and eat the corspe with the head held high in the air (sorry for the grusome thought).

Second, Well i was thinking they realy didn't need that much of a fix for the axesman cause i mean he has 2 axes which is what i was looking for. I will look at the Berzerker. Hold on....

::Edit::
Looks cool, not what im looking for. Which is why its for another friends map. I think i will stick with the original skin of Rexxar for the Axesman.

TFlan

Reaction score
Oh The Marksman skin doesn't change colors with the owner color. No matter what player owns it they all look the same.....

Rinpun

Ex TH Member
Reaction score
Ah. Well you have to expect that. I keep telling everyone that the skin overwrites the whole model's skin.

Your guys on the wall should be archers, by the way. And why would they be so gruesome? The Marksman may be rugged, but look into his eyes! What is he wearing? _#%#@in spectacles! :D

Ah. I didn't expect you'd want my skin. I was just tossing it up as a guess. Axeman is kind of a lousy name for an axe-holder...because Axemen are usually referred as lumberjacks which are classified as 1 axe only.

So as I asked now. Do you have any suggestions for the Beastmaster skin? Like what kind of skin do you want? What kind of clothes? Do you want him to be armored more, or are you satisfied with what it is?

----

Uh dur. You should've known that when you imported the skin that the dude made :D

You can see what color it is. Just look towards the cape as the dude walks, you should see a flash of the color, like I see red. I tried it in game.

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
*Looks at picture, jaw drops* You can do THAT with skinning?! :D Rinpun, can I hired you as the skinner for NAoW?!

U

Umm... Me

Quests

I have a few ideas for some quests in your game, make a few rescue mission things like having a band of orcs kidnap a human farmer or somthing like that. Also you could have the king send you on bounty hunts for gold. (I had alot of time to thing of quests cause im making an rpg too )

Rinpun

Ex TH Member
Reaction score
Alexander said:
*Looks at picture, jaw drops* You can do THAT with skinning?! :D Rinpun, can I hired you as the skinner for NAoW?!

Sure I keep on telling you I'll do it if I have a task and if I have the time :D

But I'm going to bed for today. Tomorrow I'll handle a request if there is one.

(Still waiting for suggestions for the Beastmaster before I make my own decision.)

TFlan

Reaction score
Sorry i was sleepin, but it showed me as logged on. I was thinking i would change it from axesman to maybe AxeMaster or something else cause you do have a point there. I was also thinking to have the skin be original cause he already looks great, but you can fool around if you want.

Nice quest idea... i was thinking about something like that also. :D

S

SJM

Evener

i found this tool (dont ask me where i got, got it a LONG LONG time ago) that i just put in a few numbers and wham! i get who wins and with how much health that winner has left and so forth..... its a realy cool tool that i use in alot with alot of my maps.

If you want that go to this site: click here

Rinpun

Ex TH Member
Reaction score
Alright, I don't know if this will look slightly better or not :D

NoxMortus

All Along the Watchtower
Reaction score
if you wanted a grunt with 2 axes, just make an abillity with an attachment model of a grunt's axe attached to his other hand (cant remember if its left or right) then give it to the hero in default active abilities (i think)

Rinpun

Ex TH Member
Reaction score
Something like that Nox. It actually should be either an invisible item or in the Abilities normal, but without an icon and visibility setting and et cetera.

The PROBLEM IS, you have FIND a grunt's axe or model one and program it to have an Attachment point right at the handle, or else the Grunt will hold it wrong.

So it's more trouble than it's worth. Basing off of Beastmaster sounds a lot better.

And by the way, this kind of stinks, but even if it were possible to alpha off the Beastmaster's cape, the model will look weird. If you look closely, the Beastmaster has too many custom little pieces to his model and so, they didn't give him a back texture! I'm still laughing about this, but if you look behind his cape, you'll notice he has a chest and leg texture on both sides! The legs are just textured specially so that you can't notice that he has a knee on both sides of his leg without looking up close and squinting.

TFlan

Reaction score
sorry been at school( :banghead: ) and track practice...

Blake: Ok, im looking at the skin in Warcraft 3 Viewer v2.3c and it looks kinda goofy but im keepin in mind its only 2D now so let me see it in 3D.....

Got it loaded.... im not sure what you changed?? Then again i can't compare it to the original... What did you change?

::Edit::
Looked at the Shaman skin looks nice! :D

Nox: I already tried that before and i ran into what Rinpun told you and then i just started fooling around with it and then i remembered that grunts only attack with one hand, the axe hand, so that the attachment would be point less and unapealing to the player.

TFlan

Reaction score
Another Screen Shot

Ive been doing a little terraining to the map (mostly ive done triggering and items)

Ive added the big moutain to the west with some rivers flowing off of it, kinda marshy if you think about it) Tell me what you think..... keep in mind im not that great at terraining. I ve also done some planning

Here it is:

-removed-

BrokenX

Reaction score
Terrianing can be difficult at first, but here is a few tips while doing it to get good looks with your terrian:

1. Don't just spend 5 minutes on an area, in my rpg the second town I re-did it over 12 times.

2. Don't just throw random doodads in take time to place them, also this will save you on your final doodad outcome.

3. Take time to look over the area you have finished to see if you only would like it, this is your map so don't let other people judge you on what they think.

4. your terrianing looks really stable, meaning good outlook so far... if you see the raise land, on the trigger pallet, not the raise land by one, but the other one in blue, use that alot it makes it look more realistic in some cases.

BrokenX

TFlan

Reaction score
BrokenX said:
... 4. your terrianing looks really stable, meaning good outlook so far... if you see the raise land, on the trigger pallet, not the raise land by one, but the other one in blue, use that alot it makes it look more realistic in some cases.

I do not know what you mean....

BrokenX said:
... 2. Don't just throw random doodads in take time to place them, also this will save you on your final doodad outcome.

I have no doodads in this map except in the castle and at the waterfalls

BrokenX said:
... 1. Don't just spend 5 minutes on an area, in my rpg the second town I re-did it over 12 times.

I acually think it toke me like an hour.... at the water fall part on the west side, you can't realy see it in that photo, but it toke a LONG LONG time for me to do that, i had to remake it at least 50 times before i got it right. But it looks a little more realistic now cause you dont see the cliff behind the waterfalls i have placed there.

BrokenX said:
... 3. Take time to look over the area you have finished to see if you only would like it, this is your map so don't let other people judge you on what they think.

Agree and Disagree. I agree with you that i should take time over what i did and see if i can fix it up, but i disagree with "this is your map so don't let other people judge you on what they think." because i need to know what they think otherwise if i publish it with no input then it could be a total disaster and no1 would play it. See what im saying?

BrokenX

Reaction score
lol, people would play it because of the game, not your terrianing.

I'm also saying your terrianing so far looks good k? Doodads make it look a bit more realistic... in some cases.

BrokenX

TFlan

Reaction score
BrokenX said:
... I'm also saying your terrianing so far looks good k? Doodads make it look a bit more realistic... in some cases.

Im not to good at doodads :( .... thats why im looking for someone to help me with terraining.

BrokenX

Reaction score
Well, let me advise you to look around in the doodad section before you start anymore. :).

BrokenX

TFlan

Reaction score
Meaning???? :confused:

Sorry im slow on that kind of stuff

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.