RPG Idea

TFlan

I could change this in my User CP.
Reaction score
RPG Idea in the Making

Ive been thinking about all this new random stuff ppl have been adding to there maps and what they think they want to add to their maps n stuff. So i have start a new RPG map (don't know what to call it yet). The map will have a save n load code to it (already know how to get one) that can save the abilitys and their levels, heros and their levels, and their items, along with 'Quest Points' (QP) that you gain by completing quests (more QP the better rewards for certain quests and better items available). I have made it a two sided thing with Humans vs Orcs (you can choose your side in game) and i have 5 different types of heros on each side. for the humans its: Marksman, Preist, Sorceress, Paladin, Swordsman. For the orcs its: Hunter, Shaman, Rider, Axeman, Warlock. I have come up with an idea for the game and its to become the Kings' / Lords' Military Advisor and destroy the humans/orcs (depending on what side your on). The humans will have a medium sized kingdom with a wall and such and the orcs will have small tribes randomly posted through out the map.

So what im trying to get to is that i need help in these areas:
- Items for both sides
- Ability Ideas
- Quest Ideas (fit with theme)
- Trigger help here and there
- A good terrainer to help me
- Custom skins (maybe)
- Random Ideas (please dont be rediculus)

If you could help me in any way i am thankful.

(If i get this going i will post screen shots and stuff through out this thread)

TFlan

Reaction score
against..... like ill have random skirmishes leading up to an all out war when all players reach a certain spot.

TFlan

Reaction score
i found this tool (dont ask me where i got, got it a LONG LONG time ago) that i just put in a few numbers and wham! i get who wins and with how much health that winner has left and so forth..... its a realy cool tool that i use in alot with alot of my maps.

TFlan

Reaction score
yah! A way to cheat the time other people use to balance when it takes me 10 min or less to be done when it takes them forever! :D :D :D

BrokenX

Reaction score
Things eventually pay off for the hardwork you do. You shouldn't let life be a cheat.

BrokenX

TFlan

Reaction score
umm right....

WEll back on topic.....

Anyone have an idea(s) ?

Rinpun

Ex TH Member
Reaction score
Well all I can say is that I can make custom skins pretty well :D

TFlan

Reaction score
I wish i could :(

So could you help me with that maybe?

Oh BTW i will credit any and all help i get from anyone!

Rinpun

Ex TH Member
Reaction score
Well let's see, I hope you know the powers of skinning. Some things you can alpha out and you can't stretch or change anything.

What is your idea for a Marksman? Because I could try fancying up a Rifleman.

TFlan

Reaction score
thats like i had in mind.

Heres what i have in my small brained head of the heros:

Marksman: A rifleman that's a little more... well camoed and not just one color all the way through.

Paladin: Just a normal paladin

Swordsman: A knight with out the horse pretty much. Like the swordsman already in the game but with out the sheild and more hero like not unit like

Preist: I already love the preist skin, but i was hoping to find a way to add the glowing thingy to him.

Sorceress: More magistic and with the glowy thingy

Hunter: Axe throwing orc. Small in size, but big on strenght apperiance, like the dwarfs oh.. and cant forget the glowy thingy.

(heres and idea lets just have the glowy thingy on all of em)

Warlock: Shaman looking, but more evil looking

Shaman: More natureish. I mean the blizzard dudes have shamans be like an orc druid, but he doesn't look it

Rider: A orc with 4 legs that can dismount and walk around with a feirce wolf by his side.

Theres the overlook of what im thinking on the heros and heres a quick castle idea i had so i made it real, tell me what ya think:

TFlan

Reaction score
dont mind the title... (had to save as something). Im still pondering on a good one.
In the blank grass area in the castle im thinking of adding some shops n stuff. But i dont like it that much.... I horible at terraining.... im realy only good at triggers and some other stuff.

Rinpun

Ex TH Member
Reaction score
Hmm. Well for the glowing things, you need glow packs. And I can't remember how to add them, but it's quite a challenge. If you want the glow packs, you'll have to do it yourself.

TFlan

Reaction score
im sure i could do it. A quick search with my friend called google :D

TFlan

Reaction score
yup! its fun... what can i say?

Rinpun

Ex TH Member
Reaction score
Hmm, well, I can't do much with the rifleman, but I can try to conceal him and make him more marksman-like...like an eye-glass or something like that.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

• Ghan
        Administrator - Servers are fun

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.