Spell Request Thread (GUI)

Squishy

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Yup, I'll be making the spells in order, so I'll get to yours after Moe94's.

Squishy

Reaction score
Ok, I'm done Moe94's spell. I'm taking a break before getting on to Manix's. I have a few questions before I can get started. So I should use the Lightning Bolt doodad for the lightning effect? Do the lightning bolts do any damage, and do they fire constantly, or just when the tornadoes are created? Oh, one more thing, the extra tornadoes don't need to do anything right? They are just created to make the spell look better.

Attachments

• Dispurgion.w3x
    19.6 KB · Views: 257

Manix

Reaction score
Ok, I'm done Moe94's spell. I'm taking a break before getting on to Manix's. I have a few questions before I can get started. So I should use the Lightning Bolt doodad for the lightning effect? Do the lightning bolts do any damage, and do they fire constantly, or just when the tornadoes are created? Oh, one more thing, the extra tornadoes don't need to do anything right? They are just created to make the spell look better.

Well, actually you can make the lightning bolts to do 300 damage, and no damage when they are " in the eye " They should fire constantly, extra tornadoes don't do anything, right :] And if i'm not getting insolent already, can you create a special effect, when the bolts hit create a ThunderClap effect at that point :p thanks man +rep

EDIT. ^ too bad :[ i must spread some first...

Squishy

Reaction score
Ok, one last question. When you say 'Throw them anywhere in the area', is it good enought to just have them moved away from the caster? And would instantly moving them back suffice, or should it be a knockback effect. And, now that I think about it, I have a few more questions. Should units be thrown back whenever they reach the middle? Or should it wait until all units in the tornado have reached the middle? Also, how does the effect end? Should it just last for a certain amount of time, or finish once all affected units have been thrown backwards? I think that's all the questions I'll need answered.

b_ray210

Reaction score
Spell Name: Acrophobia (fear of heights)
Target Type: Unit
MUI/MPI: Doesn't need to be MUI but i dont know what MPI is :S
Description: Summons a large pillar underneath the target unit that lasts for a certain amount of seconds (4/5/6/7) and the target unit is able to move off of it but if it does it is damaged for (150/200/250/300) and enemy units in a 200 AOE around it are damaged for (25/50/75/100)
Levels: 4
Difference in Levels:
1)Each level the duration of the pillar should increase by 1 second starting at 4 seconds (4/5/6/7)
2)Each level the damage of moving off of the pillar should increase by 50 starting with 150 (150/200/250/300)
3)Each level the amount of damage given to units around the unit that fell off of the pillar increases by 25 starting with 25 (25/50/75/100)
Other: Only ranged units should be able to attack the unit on the pillar. There is a good effect model for a pillar on hiveworkshop.com if you need it. :) If this is impossible to do just tell me :p

Squishy

Reaction score
I finished your spell Manix. I also finished Inevit4ble's spell as well. To b_ray210, if you can show me where the model is, I'll try to make the spell, but I'm not sure if I'll be able to do it.

Attachments

• Mother Nature.w3x
    20.3 KB · Views: 256
  • Summon Monster.w3x
    17.5 KB · Views: 238

Manix

Reaction score
Dude you are a freaking genius i love you !!!! +rep all the time i can !!!

WildTurkey

Previously known as giv_me_rep
Reaction score
hey! i love people that do spell requests! you really help the helper stay alive xD

spell name = meteor
target type = point (ground)
MUI/MPI = i dont know what this field is..
Description = i want a meteor to come from over the casters head, flying through the air, and hitting the target point. this part is simple.. what i cant figure out how to do is how to check if its hitting trees.
if the model file of the meteor hits a tree i want it to stop moving towards the target point and instead rol down the tree and explode upon hitting the ground. when it explodes (whether or not it hits the target point) i want it to deal area of effect damage equal to 120 x level of (meteor) to all units within 250 range.

if you can do this + rep.

note: a good example of this can be found on that Warlocks game.. i think it has this spell.

MintJulep

Reaction score
Nice Caedin88, the spell looks great. I'll probably change up a few special effects and add it to my map, giving you full credit.

Squishy

Reaction score
@giv_me_rep
I'm not too good with spells like these, I could try it, but I could only make it work if the meteor is a unit. So I would need a model for the Meteor. What model should I use? Also you say it should come from over the casters head. Do you mean when you target a point, it should come from the opposite direction? Also, would it be starting at a height above trees? Because I have no idea how to detect if the meteor is high enough that it is still above trees.

Caedin88

Reaction score
@giv_me_rep
I'm not too good with spells like these, I could try it, but I could only make it work if the meteor is a unit. So I would need a model for the Meteor. What model should I use? Also you say it should come from over the casters head. Do you mean when you target a point, it should come from the opposite direction? Also, would it be starting at a height above trees? Because I have no idea how to detect if the meteor is high enough that it is still above trees.

You could do somthing like, if destructible - tree is within 75 of dummy unit and flying height of dummy is less than 200 or so (test to get it to look better) then do the alternate thing, but yeah sounds alot easier said than done.

neckface

terrain contest winner! :) dance contest loser. :(
Reaction score
hey! i love people that do spell requests! you really help the helper stay alive xD

spell name = meteor
target type = point (ground)
MUI/MPI = i dont know what this field is..
Description = i want a meteor to come from over the casters head, flying through the air, and hitting the target point. this part is simple.. what i cant figure out how to do is how to check if its hitting trees.
if the model file of the meteor hits a tree i want it to stop moving towards the target point and instead rol down the tree and explode upon hitting the ground. when it explodes (whether or not it hits the target point) i want it to deal area of effect damage equal to 120 x level of (meteor) to all units within 250 range.

if you can do this + rep.

note: a good example of this can be found on that Warlocks game.. i think it has this spell.

Umm... you could just simply use Dreadlord's Inferno with no unit summoned...?

b_ray210

Reaction score
To b_ray210, if you can show me where the model is, I'll try to make the spell, but I'm not sure if I'll be able to do it.
Here is the link for the best possible pillar to use: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/resource.php?t=50031&prev=status=g&t=8&search=spire&d=list&r=20
Here is how the maker said to use it:
If you want to use it the way i did, create a custom version of cyclone and find the Cyclone and Cyclone (Extra) buffs in the buff editor and change the Art - Effect: model files to this one and change effect attachment point to sprite.

If you did it right, the when casted on a unit, the spire and the unit on top should move in the air.
Thanks for trying it and if it doesnt work no biggie :)

Squishy

Reaction score
I'm gonna be leaving soon for about 3 hours, so I'll work on it when I get back.

polo2005

Wana start playing LoL? http://tinyurl.com/369as27
Reaction score
Name: Eye of Storm
Mpi/Mui: Mpi :)
Target Type: activate/deactivate
Description: when activate it begin to drain 13% of your max mana and damge and slows all unit offset by 450 in a area of 200 every second (should look like that they got striked by a lightning), unativates if mana goes lower than 13% and it cant be based on Immolation.
Other: if you wanna do trhis and got "extra time" you could add 2 "choise range abilities" that doesn't request an animation (like in dota, morphlings str and agi morph ability) that when cast the offset for the damage and slow changes from 450 to 650 or 650 to 450.

if you can do this, you are my hero :p

WildTurkey

Previously known as giv_me_rep
Reaction score
i want it to start above the trees by a fair bit and i want the meteor to come from above the casters head and move diagonally towards the target point of ability being cast.
base unit on any missile model and i can change easy.

i couldnt use dreadlords inferno because its totally different.. read the description of the spell.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Howdy
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Heard Houston got hit pretty bad by storms last night. Hope all is well with TH.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Power back on finally - all is good here no damage
    +2
  • V-SNES V-SNES:
    Happy Friday!
    +1

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.