Spell Request Thread (GUI)

Squishy

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
I am now taking spell requests for any spell that can be made in GUI. If you want a spell made, post in this thread, and follow the format, and I'll see what I can do. The format is as follows:

Spell Name: The name of your spell (duh!).
Target Type: What type of target your spell uses (Unit target, Point target, No target).
MUI/MPI: If your spell needs to be MUI or MPI, specify here.
Description: A description of what your spell should do. Please try to be as descriptive as possible.
Other: Any extra details you would like me to know.

If you are going to request a spell, it must not be one that has already been made.

Draphoelix

It's not the wintercold that's killing me
Reaction score
Spell Name: Jump
Target Type: Point Target
Description: Jumps to the targeted point. Works for 0-350 range. 0 range if the unit is standing still, 350 range if the unit is moving. I'm not sure if this is possible to do, or you can just check if the unit has moved the past 2 seconds and use a boolean or something.
Other: I would like it to be smooth. But since it's low range it doesn't have to be very smooth. I want this spell to only works for 1 cliff level high. And if you jump 1 cliff level lower, you will lose 30*cliff level damage. I want this to be MUI, if that doesn't work MPI is enough.
Edit: If you'll take this request, can you avoid using custom values on the caster? Since that will collide with my other systems.

Basically:
You can jump max 1 cliff level up. Unlimited cliff levels down, but you will take 30 damage for each cliff level.

Squishy

Reaction score
Theres plenty of Jump spells already made. Try looking in tutorials and resources.

Draphoelix

It's not the wintercold that's killing me
Reaction score
I'm sure there are plenty of jump spell. But none of them have cliff level damage and movement check.

Squishy

Reaction score
Well I'm not going to remake the Jump part of the spell. To check terrain height, you just need to use Environment - Terrain Cliff Level. If you can't figure out how to do that, PM me with the Jump portion of the spell made, and I'll add in everything else you wanted.

hasslarn

Reaction score
Spell Name: Lightning Strike
Target Type: Point target
Description:It should reveal an area then some clouds shall come in to the area and from the clouds it should come lightning dealing nearby enemys (Like starfall But bigger range and no channel)
Other: No i dont think so.

can i request more than one spell?

MintJulep

Reaction score
I've got one I was planning to try to hopefully figure out myself later, but it'd help a ton in finishing my map quicker if someone else were to make it! I was thinking, a spell called something like, VOID, where visually the hero looks like they're sustaining a black hole (but not black enough to obstruct everyone's vision too much).

As for the effects, basically the spell has no set time limit - what happens is while the hero is channeling the spell, their mana gets drained at a fast rate, and the spell only ends when their mana hits zero. Meanwhile, the longer they allow their mana to be drained, the stronger the void becomes and the more AOE damage it does. I was hoping that this would feel like the hero is, y'know, feeding the spell. And if possible, maybe the void could get bigger the longer it lasts too (though that would make programming more complex).

So:
Spell Name: Void
Target Type: AOE at Point
Description: The hero creates a black hole at the target area, which drains both the hero's mana and surrounding unit's life. As life and mana is drained, the hole becomes larger and more damaging. As hero level increases, the initial damage increases (but not the rate of damage increase over time).

Moe94

Reaction score
Hmm

hi squishy, i wonder if u can do this spell (think it has been never made):
Spell Name: Dispurgion
Spell Target: Passive
Levels: 3 or 1 if u can make it easy 4 me to lvl it up
Description: Every time a target attacks the naga amplifier he gets his attack speed slowed by 3-6-9%(lvls) stacks up for 5 times, when it stacks up for five times the naga amplifier casts a purge on the unit and gains 15% increased attack speed
MUI:not needed
Other: Nothing
When can it be done?

Squishy

Reaction score
I'll start working on the spells now. I edited my first post, as I forget to put MUI/MPI in.

Manix

Reaction score
Ok i'll ask for that spell.. For the 3rd time :D

Hello man of steel, I'm on a brainstorm with one spell idea of mine that i can not realize, it never works when i test it, hope you can help me, here's the spell:
Spell Name: Mother Nature
Target Type: No-Target
Description: The Druid uses his nature powers to create a great lightning storm, the storm drags and spins all players in 600 range around the Druid in the eye of the storm, damaging them for 300 damage and throwing them apart dealing 150 damage + 2.5 second stun when they fall. [ Channeling Spell ]
Other:
Special effects: at the beginning only play the cast or channel [ i don't know how it is called - the one that he has his staff above his head holding it with both hands ] animation of the druid ( druid of the talon model file ) then after 2 seconds of casting create a tornado at position of druid, then lightning bolts ( from doodads ) at all players in the 600 AoE ( those are the targets - who are hit by the bolts ) and spin them around the druid ( he's still casting ) and drag them into the tornado, when they are all somewhere near the tornado ( like 100 range ) damage them for 300 damage and throw them anywhere in the area dealing 150 damage an 2.5 stun. [ If you can as a bonus create 2-3 tornados in the area for better look ]

If possible: dragging and spinning at the same time

inevit4ble

Reaction score
Hey

I would like a spell made.

Name: Summon Monster

Description: Summons 2 wolves and they attack the a targeted enemy. The summoned wolves only attack once and the are destroyed or removed or something.

thx

Jagan

Reaction score
Ummm...was wondering if it's okay to request for a DotA skill to be made in GUI? If it's alright with you, could you make Scatter Shot (Sniper's skill) for me? I've only found JASS versions so far. Thanks in advance. :)

Squishy

Reaction score
Ok, finished Hasslarns spell. Time for a small break before moving on to the next spell. Sorry, Jagan, but I don't feel like making a spell that's already made in JASS.

Attachments

• Lightning Strike.w3x
    19.4 KB · Views: 226

shinami

Redirect your complaints to the nearest wall
Reaction score
Ok, finished Hasslarns spell. Time for a small break before moving on to the next spell. Sorry, Jagan, but I don't feel like making a spell that's already made in JASS.

For a revealing spell, it's range sucks bad.

Jagan

Reaction score
It's alright. :)

Just thought I'd try my luck here 'cause I don't quite understand JASS. Thanks anyway.

Squishy

Reaction score
>>For a revealing spell, it's range sucks bad.
The range can be modified, if needed.

shinami

Redirect your complaints to the nearest wall
Reaction score
>>For a revealing spell, it's range sucks bad.
The range can be modified, if needed.

Yeah i know i just pointed that out. Also i just want to know, since this is the first time i see such a method. You ended the lightning part by removing the lightning point? What would of been the difference if you'd just turn off the trigger?

Squishy

Reaction score
It doesn't need to be MUI or MPI, so that's just the way I did it, I guess. Also, MintJulep, I can't really find a method to create a black hole effect, so I'll be skipping yours for now, if I think of something, I'll come back to it.

Manix

Reaction score
Squishy wassup with my spell? I mean will you make it, doesn't matter when, just if yes or no..

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.