Spell Request Thread (GUI)

Squishy

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Ok, I'm back, I'll see if I can finish b_ray210's spell before I go to sleep. I'll get to the other ones tomorrow.

EDIT: Nearly done, I'll finish it up tomorrow.

b_ray210

Reaction score
Thanks Squishy you're awesome :p
Take as long as you need im just happy that someone is actually helping me haha

Squishy

Reaction score
I'll be making them in the order they are requested, so after b_ray210, it'll be giv_me_rep, and then yours.

EDIT: Finished b_ray210's spell.

Attachments

• Acrophobia.w3x
    24.6 KB · Views: 259

b_ray210

Reaction score
That looks AMAZING thank you soooo much, definately + rep not that it would really matter to you haha. The only thing i was wondering about it is why you never set the variable Acrophobia_Group. You use it in all 3 triggers but i cant see a point where it is actually set which is why i think that allthough you set the melee attackers trigger, they can still attack the unit on the pillar, Still thank you soooo much ill try to fix the melee attackers thing :)

EDIT: the melee attackers thing does work thank you :), the spell is now officially perfect!

Squishy

Reaction score
Thats the first Rep I got from this thread. Though, Manix had repped me beforehand, so he couldn't rep me again. So I finished giv_me_rep's spell. It's not perfect, as I'm not too good with Flying Heights and stuff. You said I could use any model I wanted, and you'd switch it, so I used a barrel.

EDIT: polo2005, your description was a bit confusing, I made the ability based on what I thought you meant. Let me know if it's what you wanted.

Attachments

• Meteor.w3x
    18.9 KB · Views: 260
  • Eye of the Storm.w3x
    19.5 KB · Views: 261

b_ray210

Reaction score
Hey Squishy i tried to copy your spell into my map and it all works fine except for something wierd :S I definately copied it line for line and made the variables the same but for some reason when the creeps move the "creeps moving" trigger doesnt start and they stay in the air until the end of the duration :banghead: Here are the triggers just so you can double check it i guess.
Code:
Acrophobia Initialization
    Events
        Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    Conditions
        (Ability being cast) Equal to Acrophobia 
    Actions
        Set ATempPoint = (Position of (Target unit of ability being cast))
        Unit - Create 1 dummy Spire for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at ATempPoint facing Default building facing degrees
        Unit - Add a ((Real((Level of Acrophobia  for (Triggering unit)))) + 3.00) second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
        Unit - Add Crow Form to (Target unit of ability being cast)
        Unit - Remove Crow Form from (Target unit of ability being cast)
        Unit - Set the custom value of (Target unit of ability being cast) to (Level of Acrophobia  for (Triggering unit))
        Set ACaster = (Triggering unit)
        Set ATarget = (Target unit of ability being cast)
        Wait 0.20 seconds
        Animation - Change ATarget flying height to 445.00 at 220.00
        Unit Group - Add ATarget to AGroup
        Set APoint = (Position of ATarget)
        Wait ((Real((Level of Acrophobia  for (Triggering unit)))) + 2.58) seconds
        If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            If - Conditions
                (ATarget is in AGroup) Equal to True
            Then - Actions
                Unit - Pause ATarget
                Animation - Change ATarget flying height to 0.00 at 200.00
                Wait 0.50 seconds
                Animation - Change ATarget flying height to 0.00 at 450.00
                Wait 0.40 seconds
                Unit - Unpause ATarget
                Unit Group - Remove ATarget from AGroup
            Else - Actions
        Custom script:   call RemoveLocation(udg_ATempPoint)
        Custom script:   call RemoveLocation(udg_APoint)
Code:
Acrophobia Melee Attacks
    Events
        Unit - A unit Is attacked
    Conditions
        And - All (Conditions) are true
            Conditions
                ((Attacked unit) is in AGroup) Equal to True
                ((Attacking unit) is A melee attacker) Equal to True
                ((Attacking unit) is A ranged attacker) Equal to False
    Actions
        Unit - Order (Attacking unit) to Stop
Code:
Acrophobia Unit Moves
    Events
        Time - Every 0.02 seconds of game time
    Conditions
    Actions
        Unit Group - Pick every unit in Acrophobia_Group and do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                Set ATempPoint = (Position of (Picked unit))
                If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
                    If - Conditions
                        (Distance between APoint and ATempPoint) Greater than or equal to 70.00
                    Then - Actions
                        Animation - Change (Picked unit) flying height to 0.00 at 0.00
                        Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the origin of (Picked unit) using Abilities\Spells\Orc\WarStomp\WarStompCaster.mdl
                        Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)
                        Unit Group - Remove (Picked unit) from Acrophobia_Group
                        Unit - Cause ACaster to damage (Picked unit), dealing ((50.00 x (Real((Custom value of (Picked unit))))) + 50.00) damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal
                        Unit - Cause ACaster to damage circular area after 0.00 seconds of radius (150.00 + ((Real((Custom value of (Picked unit)))) x 50.00)) at ATempPoint, dealing ((Real((Custom value of (Picked unit)))) x 25.00) damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal
                    Else - Actions
                Custom script:   call RemoveLocation(udg_ATempPoint)

It all looks the exact same and i dont know why it isnt working :(

Squishy

Reaction score
I notice your adding the unit into a unit group variable called AGroup, but the 'Acrophobia Unit Moves' trigger is using a unit group variable called Acrophobia_Group. Make sure the two are using the same group.

The-Shadows

Reaction score
I hope you can help me make this skill :;)

Spell Name: Blessing
Target Type: Unit Target
MUI/MPI: MUI
Description: Make the target's attributes increases by 20(str,agi,int). The ability is contain 5 levels..each level increases all attributes by 4. All lasts 15 secs.
Other: No need

RueK

Reaction score
Spell Name: Shooting Spree

Target Type: no target.

MUI/MPI: none of these are needed since 1 only player can only control 1 type of this casting unit.

Description: Channeler starts to channel, from now every 0.75 seconds, the target gets stunned for 0.35 seconds and takes random physical damage of damage type hero from 55 - 165 and the damage should occur when the unit gets stunned. Area of effect: 2000.

If the channeler gets stunned/interrupted by anything the spell should stop, of course :p!

Lv.1 - Lasts 4 seconds.
Lv.2 - Lasts 8 seconds.
Lv.3 - Lasts 12 seconds.

Other: affected units by this spell should get an special effect on their chest and head of type, riflemen/flak cannons (splash) proyectile art so it can be like a machine gun hitting them.

b_ray210

Reaction score
I notice your adding the unit into a unit group variable called AGroup, but the 'Acrophobia Unit Moves' trigger is using a unit group variable called Acrophobia_Group. Make sure the two are using the same group.

You're right sorry :(

Squishy

Reaction score
Finished The-Shadows' spell. RueK, for your spell, do you mean units will be stunned for 0.45 seconds every .85 seconds? Also, when should they take damage? Like every second, or every time they are stunned, or something else?

Attachments

• Blessing.w3x
    18.1 KB · Views: 236

RueK

Reaction score
Finished The-Shadows' spell. RueK, for your spell, do you mean units will be stunned for 0.45 seconds every .85 seconds? Also, when should they take damage? Like every second, or every time they are stunned, or something else?

Here is a better explanation.

Unit starts to channel

from now, every 0.75 seconds, the target gets stunned for 0.35 seconds and takes random physical damage of damage type hero from 55 - 165 and the damage should occur when the unit gets stunned.

Igor_Z

Reaction score
Hey Squishy i'm not asking for big spell... I want you to make me a knockback hit spell(The hero hits the targeted unit and knocks it 400 units away)... I have 1 at home but its bugged so i was wondering if you would make it for me? Thanks

Squishy

Reaction score
Finished RueK's spell. Igor_Z, I guess I'll make you a knockback spell, when you say hits the target unit, do you mean the unit should run up to the target unit and attack, knocking it back, or it just when the unit targets a unit with the ability, the target should be knocked back?

Attachments

• Shooting Spree.w3x
    19.3 KB · Views: 235

RueK

Reaction score
Finished RueK's spell. Igor_Z, I guess I'll make you a knockback spell, when you say hits the target unit, do you mean the unit should run up to the target unit and attack, knocking it back, or it just when the unit targets a unit with the ability, the target should be knocked back?

thank you very much for this! ill rep u, maybe it doesnt worth anything from me but is the only thing i can do to show my apreciation.

I learned good things from your code too! THX!

Draphoelix

It's not the wintercold that's killing me
Reaction score
Squishy. I got a MUI Grenade spell, it's not made by me, but I want to add a bounce effect to it when it hits a destructable. Can you help me? I'll pm you a map with the spell if you can do it.

Also a part of my map is using Pathing Blockers as walls. So there will be a line of destructables like a wall. I tried The_X bouncing spell, but when I casted it on several destructables in line, it bugged like hell.

The grenade spell is already done. So all you need to add is the bounce, and it's already MUI, and I would like it to stay MUI when you add the bounce effect.

Rhymer

Reaction score
Spell Name: Flamewall

Target Type: Instant (No target)

MUI/MPI: No need.

Description: Summons a wall of fire 300 units in front of the caster. the wall should be 500 units long and damage enemy units that goes through/stays in there.

Other: The wall should be angeled with one of the flat sides towards the caster.

Thanks in advace;
//Rhymer

Igor_Z

Reaction score
I mean when the caster targets a unit with the ability the target should be knocked back(at melee range). Just make it so it won't bug or leak... Because i have 1 knockback at home and it only knocks back units that aren't moving... Thanks

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.