What kind of map?

What Should My Next Map type be?

• Total voters

Grurf

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
@Sargon: Dunno exactly, I just remember a thread started by Alexander about the maps played online, and I thought both Rad and you agreed, but I can be wrong. And on what server do you play? On Lordaeron (and at the times I play) it's like 6 dota and 3 other maps (usually 2 UTV) every time it refreshes. I agree that the AOS-overkill is mainly caused by dota, but what does it matter, it's still better to create non-AOS maps.

Sargon

Reaction score
Grurf said:
@Sargon: Dunno exactly, I just remember a thread started by Alexander about the maps played online, and I thought both Rad and you agreed, but I can be wrong. And on what server do you play? On Lordaeron (and at the times I play) it's like 6 dota and 3 other maps (usually 2 UTV) every time it refreshes. I agree that the AOS-overkill is mainly caused by dota, but what does it matter, it's still better to create non-AOS maps.

I play USEast. Not sure which name that is.

I also don't play DotA.

Anyway, East is about a third to a quarter DotA, so it's not as bad.

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
I play USWest i think :p not quite sure, but on mine dota is about 1/2 of the maps hosted...

Rad

Reaction score
MooMooMan said:
if aos isnt that popular y is dota one of the best ranked games ever????

i cant beleive that u ppldump aos' like that they are the REASON that i play warcraft 3, i say MAKE AN AOS!!!!! THERE IS NEVER ENUF!

but make it customized, likea 3/4 way aos that would be new.

and no matter what map u make... make TONS of heroes that would up the replayability.

COME TO CLAN DSGP(dota style game players)

YAY! :D :eek: :) :D

-_- Everyones making AoS's, and they all SUCK. DotA wouldnt be as popular if all the map makers werent being so dumb making an AoS to try to beat DotA, which sucks anyway. You might actually like something else if you didnt detest everything except DotA. Play something else for once

DotA SUCKS

P

PwnThePanda

I just realized you put it as DOTA type map. -.- I want to kill u.

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
PwnThePanda said:
I just realized you put it as DOTA type map. -.- I want to kill u.

...i really have nothing to say about that , sorry? :confused:

you dident even vote for Dota?!

P

PwnThePanda

I know becuase I hate dota. Its called an aos. Not a dota type map. Grrrrr. Damn you dota bastards!!!!!!!!!

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
PwnThePanda said:
I know becuase I hate dota. Its called an aos. Not a dota type map. Grrrrr. Damn you dota bastards!!!!!!!!!

WTF? Im sorry, i said i was sorry, lets not keep this spamming of my post going please :eek: ... and btw i hate dota, jesh, i dident know what aos was at the tiem of making this, cut me some slack plz :eek:

T

THE_Darkstar

aye and on us east the "Dota's" are all elitist hosting maps titled "dota no newbs, Dota newbs suck, Dota Blah blah blah" etc. :banghead:

yup......long live imagination!!!

Sargon

Reaction score
Rad said:
Face it all AoS's are the same - stupid

Just out of curiosity, do you have any particular reason why the genre is so inherently terrible? Gameplay-wise. And not specific maps, but in general.

Also, have you played CoD? It's a ton of fun.

Rad

Reaction score
No I havent played CoD, and Im not going to either. They all suck because they dont let you learn how to play saying no noobs, there all asshole magnets, and its all negativity in game. Not to mention how imbalanced they all are, CoD may not be as bad but every single one I have played has been incredibly imbalanced. Even people have confessed they like playing DotA for when they get thier 'favorite hero' (Which usually is the most common, because its probrably so powerful and easy to use hence IMBALANCED)

Theres more reasons, but meh I'd rather not talk about AoS's all day... I dont care if thats all anyone ever plays forever - I'd just quit warcraft.

P

PwnThePanda

Well we think all aos suck becuase there all the same. All the aos maps havethe same path and almost the same heros. Thats why you should take my everything idea map. Its fun for everone. If you like loap, you got loap, you like aos, you got aos, if you like rpg's, rpgs. It full proof unless you make 1 part of the map more aos or more loap then another part of the map. you gotta balence it out. Plus you can make it into so many different things.

S

SJM

Ideas

A good RPG would be nice.
More of those village builder like maps (build army and attack each other)
Some Really cool very short mini game (great games that dont take long to load, fun to play, and dont use up alot of time)
Or some really cool never thought/made of map.

P

PwnThePanda

I would sorta like a few more renacted games. Like I would love a Zelda: Ocorina of time rpg. But I wouldn't want it to just be a field and you just run around. I would like that it would follow almost the same plot but fixed so it multiplayer. I would alos like it if it follows the same map.

I think we almost though of all the types of games. Thats why its just to hard. Thats why if you combine them it will be a new type of game.

Sargon

Reaction score
Rad said:
No I havent played CoD, and Im not going to either. They all suck because they dont let you learn how to play saying no noobs, there all asshole magnets, and its all negativity in game.

And this has any bearing on the validity of an AoS as a genre how?

And for that matter, did you know that basically the only people who diligently host/play CoD right now are people on this forum? Congratulations, you have just flamed Sud, PB_and_J, Cres, Krakka, and me.

Not to mention how imbalanced they all are, CoD may not be as bad but every single one I have played has been incredibly imbalanced. Even people have confessed they like playing DotA for when they get thier 'favorite hero' (Which usually is the most common, because its probrably so powerful and easy to use hence IMBALANCED)

DotA has crappy balance stemming from mediocre design. This does not mean that all AoSes are inherently imbalanced.

Theres more reasons, but meh I'd rather not talk about AoS's all day... I dont care if thats all anyone ever plays forever - I'd just quit warcraft.

You could always play, you know, ladder.

Regarding pwn's everything map: If you try to fit everything into a map, you won't be able to do justice to anything. There just isn't enough space.

w/e

Boaroceraptorasaurus-Rex
Reaction score
minigames are always fun
i tried making a map like that once, got bored, and left it.
so u need to hav a lot of patience

Myzteryz

It only does everything.
Reaction score
if there was a debate forum, wow it would be active :p

AoS are fun, I still don't see why people complain that it makes warcraft players quit

-warcraft is warcraft and not customcraft.
-wc3 was made for ladder games and not for custom.
-lots of people don't stick with one game. Lots of people quit because

1. warcraft has been out for a long time
2. DAMN WoW! :p
3. Counter strike is very popular now
4. lots of people make maps for counter strike
5. :D

I am done.

Lets not keep off-topicing this thread.
DDR just wants opinions on what to map.

P.S- Td team FTW!

General chit-chat
Help Users

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.