What Should My Next Map type be?

• Total voters
D

draconiusg16

if u give me a few days ill give you a terrain map that im working on for a td

Grurf

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Make anything as long as you DON'T make an AOS (dota-type) map! There are tons of them already and people stop playing WC3 because there are too many aos-es and not enough other-type maps. Make maps that are fun and have a high replay-value. It isn't the genre that matters (as long as it isn't AOS) but the quality.

Rad

Reaction score
Grurf said:
Make anything as long as you DON'T make an AOS (dota-type) map!
Enough said? DotA maps are what EVERY SINGLE PERSON are working on these days and its incredibly dumb because rarely do they get finished :mad:

Hero survival !!
Yes!! Ill help. Can make units,triggers ideas... some terrain (Not to creative though :rolleyes: )

T

THE_Darkstar

Hey I dont know if any of you have read the drizzt books but im making a drizzit map Ive been workin on it for a while now and it should be done in the next few days :D

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
:) thx guys, i think i will be making a hero surivival, then prob a td, i just gota make up my mind weither to make a surivor or a team...i wont make a AoS :p

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
MooMooMan said:
omg did u guys c the poll dota is 2nd and i see it all the time on wc3(play it 2) AOS IS AWESOME if there werent any id throw out my com.

just cuz u guys dont like it doesnt mean other ppl dont I LUV IT. dont dump the almighty aos

and yes if you were wondering if my last post and this one were rants, you would be correct

DONT DUMP MY FAV GAME :mad:

Im not that is my thought of it, are you trying to earn yourself a bad rep on the forums? Cause your doing a good job, jesh... :eek:

Grurf

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Ahem... There are more AOS'es than you will probably be able to play in your whole life (I should calculate that! If you live another 60 years and every AOS takes an hour to play... 24 a day, 365 * 24 AOS'es a year, 365 * 24 * 60 AOS'es... 525 600! Woah, that's a lot!). O, nvm. There are more AOS'es than you will be able to play in a year :D, and if you like dota so much, why don't you play it then? I have heard from some trustable sources (Alexander, Rad and I thought Sargon, too) that the AOS madness is reducing the amount of WC3 players a lot. Not all people like AOS-es like you do, and for people like you there already are thousands of AOS-es (not 525600 though). Let's analyze this: If DDRtists would make another AOS, then it would probably be played for a while (like two weeks) and then it'd be forgotten, unless he founds a whole clan that starts hosting and keeps hosting it and... Wait, why am I typing that again? Just read it here. But if he made an other type of map, it would be played less frequently but the playing would last longer, seeing that the AOS-freaks usually get fed up with it at some time and want to play something different. Then they search their map directories, find that lil' fun map and host it. New ppl come and see, download it from the host, think: hey, this is different and fun, might host that sometime! Et voila, the map is slowly getting played more and more. In the meanwhile you keep updating it and adding new fun things, so it will be played even more. And ppl that are new to WC3 or (what happens more often) come back to play it again might see that it isn't all dota and play that lil' fun map, and think by themselves that WC3 is getting better again, and they keep playing it, start mapping themselves after a while etc. You see? That way Warcraft is gonna get played more and will be more fun. And more ppl means more DotA players, so in the end it would make you happier, too! But, to get that done, DDRtist must not stand alone.

WE HERE AT THEHELPER.NET MIGHT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE RESURRECTION OF WARCRAFT 3 MAPPING VARIATION!!!

All we gotta do is make good unique maps with a high replay value and get them hosted a lot. But we gotta do it together. We gotta launch a Warcraft 3 maps invasion! Viva la resistance! Do not give up at a crucial moment like this! We will change Warcraft 3 Mapping, brethren!

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
WOOOOH! AMEN :eek: Im with you all the way, and just to let you know, i hate aos maps with every bone in my body, and i go to custom games, and there are 3 fricken pages of gay DOTA Maps! that is why i started to make maps, the lack of good ones.... :D

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
Hey Can anyone help my beta test my Hero Line wars ( what i have so far ) sometime today, when i host it online, noone ever joins beta tests... :(

P

PwnThePanda

I say make a combination of everything! An aos, td, rpg, hero survival, loap.

I say to do this you can do....

-Make it a huge map, and add lots of quests and stuff to make it an rpg.
-Have 2 teams that start on oppostite sides of the map.
-You can become a hero though training or remain a simple builder for you town, if you choose to become a builder you can make towers to defend your town as well as research and build advanced things to devolpe a wonder matropalis
-If you choose a hero you go out and try to destroy the enymys base, clear a path for your mercenarys to get to the enymy base, defend your town, and do quests to make life easier for the citizens in your town.
-Each team can donate money to the government to buy more mercenarys to inflitrate the enymys base.
- This map will require team coporation so that you have enough builders to make your base defense better but enough heros to infiltrate there base.

There are also a ton of other possibilitys to add to this map.

Sry about spelling :)

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
Hmmm, sounds like a good idea, i would need help with it tho ( like RAD :D ), ill think about it , thx :)

Grurf

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
How about putting your Hero Line Wars on this website? Most ppl won't be able to test with you due to timezone differences.

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
Grurf said:
How about putting your Hero Line Wars on this website? Most ppl won't be able to test with you due to timezone differences.

:) ok, but its not finished yet, so some heros are prob better than others, thats what i need to test, and also add some more....but ill post what i have so far, you wont get to far without a second player tho :p give me a sec, ill post it

Sargon

Reaction score
Grurf said:
(Alexander, Rad and I thought Sargon, too)

What are you talking about? I never said anything of the sort.

In fact, I like playing AoSes. Only the well-made ones, though. All maps have a few high-quality versions and a bunch of crappy imitations.

And for the record, in terms of different maps, I see more TDs and Footies maps on battle.net than AoS maps. In fact, there are only a few AoSes that people actually play. They just look overdone because one of them happens to be DotA.

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
Sargon said:
What are you talking about? I never said anything of the sort.

In fact, I like playing AoSes. Only the well-made ones, though. All maps have a few high-quality versions and a bunch of crappy imitations.

i do play dota every once and a while tho :) ya i agree with you on that :p

EDIT: Woot im a new member not a noobie now :shades:

T

THE_Darkstar

hey ill help if you want man I have a few good ideas myself although im working on a map right now I would also like to see a great wall of china map I think that would be fun to play......... China on 1 side and the monguls on the other, 1 BIG ASS wall between them.....let the fun begin :D

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.