Health ‘Star Trek: Picard’ Production Paused After More Than 50 Test Positive for COVID-19

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
Filming on Paramount+ drama Star Trek: Picard has been shut down since Monday following a sizable COVID-19 outbreak.

Sources say more than 50 members of the large production tested positive on Monday, which was the first day of work after the Christmas break. The Patrick Stewart-led series has one of television’s biggest crews, numbering more than 450 staffers. The infections impacted multiple zones, including cast in zone A.

Production on the series was immediately shut down Monday and has remained dark since. Sources say filming is expected to resume early next week, if not sooner, though details remain in limbo.

The highly contagious omicron variant of the virus has prompted a number of shows to pause filming this week, with fellow CBS Studios-produced series including NCIS among those that have been impacted. Major events including the Grammy Awards and a number of TV and film red carpets have been canceled, while others like the Sundance Film Festival have gone virtual.

Picard films in Los Angeles, which recorded 26,754 new cases, 2,240 hospitalizations and 27 deaths on Jan. 5. In California, an average of 59,000 cases a day were reported from New Year’s Eve through Monday.

CBS Studios declined comment.

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
Holy Shit! They all think since they are vaccinated they are protected - oh how wrong they are. Total false sense of security.

The Helper

Staff member
Reaction score
FYI I am not vaccinated and I stay out of crowds. Even if I was vaccinated I would stay out of crowds. I am not anti vax I am just a procrastinator but damn this is just getting stupid.

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
FYI I am not vaccinated and I stay out of crowds. Even if I was vaccinated I would stay out of crowds. I am not anti vax I am just a procrastinator but damn this is just getting stupid.

Just stay careful. I'm fully vaccinated + got my booster. We'll probably get another booster around May - June, considering we've just hit 1 million new cases this week.

The Helper

Staff member
Reaction score
Dude I am a master of social distancing and staying out of crowds. I am Covid free since the start of this. I am really not worried about it. I am not trying to work on a crowded film set. The point of this is people think they are vaccinated and they are not - they are just taking a flu shot. I never get the freaking flu anyway and have never had a flu shot. Like I said though, I am not anti-vax it just worries me what I am seeing in the media about this.

jonas

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
I mean I haven't seen a serious article claiming full protection, usually something like 60% against catching delta, and a bit higher against serious complications. The vaccine helps you but it doesn't make you immune.

What it does is greatly reduce the speed of transmission - 60% reduction means that if you after getting infected meet 9 people, and they each meet 9 people, and those again each meet 9 people, then instead of all 1000 of you getting sick, only 125 get sick. (each time only 4 out of 9 get sick).

That is a massive difference in ICUs and Doctor capacity...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.