US News 10-year-old dies, was found hanged at Ill. school

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
EVANSTON, Ill. (AP) - A 10-year-old boy died after he was found hanging from a hook in a bathroom at his suburban Chicago school, and his mother said Wednesday that school officials haven't given her an explanation for what they described as an accident.

Aquan Lewis, a fifth-grader at Oakton Elementary, was found unresponsive and hanging from a hook in a bathroom at about 3 p.m. Tuesday. He was pronounced dead Wednesday morning at Children's Memorial Hospital in Chicago.

"It's devastating," said school board member Jerome Summers. "Nobody anticipates the death of their child when they send their kid to school."

Aquan's mother, Angel Marshall, told WBBM-TV that she knows her son had unaccounted for at the school for a time because "he was dead too long." But she says police and school officials have told her very little.

Last edited:

Azlier

Old World Ghost
Reaction score
Yeah, this proves it. America's schools are no good. No heat, no clean water, no doors, and now this? I should just move to, like, England.

FireCat

Oh Shi.. Don't wake the tiger!
Reaction score
Oh poor kid die so young... a teacher should check some times and see if all is allright.

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
She said her daughter asked, "Mommy, is the person going to come for me, too?" because she thought somebody had intentionally hurt the boy.

I bet you it was that freakin' 4th grader, trying to act all innocent!

lol, sad. Haha, everyone in England drinks tea! :p

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

Jedimindtrixxx

┻━┻ ︵ ¯\(ツ)/¯ ︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
offtopic:
@azlier but then you have to drink tea jkjk
teas awesome r u on crack?

ontopic:
man that would suck so bad. imagine being the parents, like send him to skool and hes dead

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Funny how a thread about a boy dying in school can turn into a discussion about tea so quickly.. :rolleyes:

I do feel sorry for the boy too. And this thread seems to be insulting imo.

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
Meaning there was some business at school since he was spending so much time at school (possible before/after)? Maybe he was a criminal in a gang and he bailed out of his job!

Haha, yeah, tea discussion! :)

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

CaptDeath

Reaction score
i wanted to ask[on topic]
how in the hell does one get
A a hook big enough/strong enough to suspend a class mate?
B how does he get it in his back then hang him?
C wouldnt he scream?

BlackRose

Forum User
Reaction score
Thats f***ing horrible.
... Did someone do it to him? Or did he hang himself?

EDIT:
Maria Patino of Evanston said her fourth-grade daughter, a student at the school, was frightened and confused about what had happened.

She said her daughter asked, "Mommy, is the person going to come for me, too?" because she thought somebody had intentionally hurt the boy.

"I didn't know what to say," Patino said in Spanish. "It's too hard for a child to understand."

And I constantly get letters/ads about "The New World", god can really stop all this?
(No Offence to anyone who IS Christian or anything).

quraji

zap
Reaction score
I'm guessing someone knew what he did last summer.

Horrible. Let's have some respect for the deceased. Who knows, he may still be hanging around.

I'm going to hell.

Anyways, can we get some more details please? Like, what is this 'hook'? Or, how exactly he was suspended from it?

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
It almost sounds like a jacket hook you see on the back of some doors, or like the hooks you have on the back of the bathroom stall doors to hang your jacket while you're in there... Kids are known for being bullied and hung on these things because it's near impossible to get down unless you rip your shirt or slide out of it somehow...

I'm assuming his death was suffocation, possibly from the collar of his shirt rising so much it choked him. If he was left there for more than a few minutes with such an instance, he would be done right there...

It's kind of shocking, you see stuff like that in movies about kids all the time and you think "yeah, that's fucked up kids do that to each other" and then you see how badly it become and "fucked up" doesn't quite catch the message you want to send when describing this act.

ArmedCitizen

Kisses Cats
Reaction score
These kind of 'fucked up' things happen all the time. To sit and dwell on them, to even put grief into them would kill every once of sanity, every bit of positive influence your thoughts may possess. Throw out compassion and replace it with comedy. Tragic comedies aren't as sad in the end. Maybe what I say or think is offensive, cruel, totally inappropiate. It gets me by though and I'm sure it does for someone else too. I'll be proud to go to hell if my life doesn't become one. :thup:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.