2+ story terrain?

bumbaclo

Reaction score
Say, you want to create a tunnel that units can go through, AND a bridge over it that units can pass over. Would it be possible to terrain this?

Bogrim

y hello thar
Reaction score
The closest you can get is to make two regions near the tunnel entrances and move units from one side to another.

bumbaclo

Reaction score
You could plateu lowered ground and build a bridge over? Like a tunnel.

I already tried that, and it appears the bridge is treated as a doodad from the ground, so you can't pass under. I also tried increasing the bridge cliff height and removing pathing, but all that does is that units transition from tunnel to bridge like a big jump.

HydraRancher

Truth begins in lies
Reaction score
I already tried that, and it appears the bridge is treated as a doodad from the ground, so you can't pass under. I also tried increasing the bridge cliff height and removing pathing, but all that does is that units transition from tunnel to bridge like a big jump.

I see. Warcraft III wasnt really a sims-type buildings game. Lets hope SCII is.

X.Terror.X

Reaction score
the only option closest left will be triggering it

turn of walkable on the bridge and make platforms on the bridge the hight

on this stage you can only do 1 unit the time but you can do both :/

INCINERATE

Reaction score
try changing the pathing type of the bridge to "the circle of power" , that should allow you to technically walk over the unit, i guess if its high enough, it might look as if you are walking under it

Bogrim

y hello thar
Reaction score
People. You need to understand how WC3's pathing actually works. There's only one layer and everything you place on that layer will either specify whether that part of the terrain is pathable or not. It's impossible to create a second layer in any sense and the closest you can come to such an effect is by adding flight height to create the illusion that the units are crossing the bridge, which is really only viable for cinematic-type maps.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.