winkles

Reaction score
But lets be honest. Who cares if it does end would be the end to suffering world wide as we constantly rape the planet, I'm not a environmentalist or anyting. I leave all my lights on and everthing lol just pointing out a fact. So its pointless worrying about it becasue no matter what we are all going to die some time so enjoy life to the full!
As for the callender they probably couldent be arsed to write any further lol :thup:

worldonfirexp2.jpg

:D

Flare

Stops copies me!
Reaction score
Fun to read but...

1) All that really old prediction crap, how much of it is ever true? And especially from a group that are known for being good at sacrificing virgins (does that make them any better at predicting stuff?)

2) If the sun goes through cyclic phases, wouldn't it have turned Earth to a crisp thousands/millions of years ago?

3) That's just scaremongering - there's a hundred different bad things that COULD happen (according to scientists), but there is no proof to say that any of those bad things (if they even exist) are gonna mean the end of the world

4) The bible says alot of things, but whether it's true or not is a totally different story

5) There have been a number of super volcanoes before (according to Wiki) but we're not dead yet

6) Pretty much the same as #3 - they can predict a number of bad things, but they may not even occur

7) Ahm, that event would've occured how many times in the lifetime of the Earth? If that 750,000 is correct, it should've occured a large number of times (since the Earth is considered to be a few billion years old, I think). Wouldn't everything already been fried after thousands of occurences of this event?

@winkles: Rofl, nice pic :D

Monovertex

Formerly Smith_S9
Reaction score
Got any idea how many people said that the world would end on the new millenium?

QFT. They were all like "OMG, new millenium starts Earth's gonna blow up in 2000!", then in 2000 some smart ass came and said that actually the new millenium starts in 2001... "oooohh... OMG, Earth's gonna blow up in 2001!1!!111!".

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
What would be hilarious is if all of the reasons came true all at once.

Lmao.

Black Hole in the Particle accelerator absorbing everything, The sun exploding in violent storms, the poles shifting, a huge volcano utterly destroying America entirely, and people burning to crisps because there is no more atmosphere to protect them from the deadly solar rays.

Sweet end. :p

And Antarctica lives!

K

KaboomDoggy

4) The bible says alot of things, but whether it's true or not is a totally different story

umm im kindof confused what you mean by this? the end will come like a thief in the night? or something else?

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
umm im kindof confused what you mean by this? the end will come like a thief in the night? or something else?

It certainly won't stop suddenly though, because "God" would have decided he is bored...

And I'm curious as to how a thief can end the world. :p

Ninva

Анна Ахматова
Reaction score
It certainly won't stop suddenly though, because "God" would have decided he is bored...

And I'm curious as to how a thief can end the world. :p

This metaphor tells us that no one knows when the end will come like you'd never know when a thief may intrude your household. If someone accurately said a thief would attempt to come into your house within your lifetime, wouldn't you have that warning in the back of your mind constantly so you can feel/be prepared for that intruder? I think I would, unless I lose faith in this person's accuracy and later get killed by a thief.

Aqua Dragon

I'm made of water. Remember that now.
Reaction score
If the end of the world does come in 2012, it'll be because of the way people will be acting when the day comes (Som people do have a tendency to act up when they believe the end of the world is coming soon...)

Ozzdog

Hopeless Toby Driver fan boy
Reaction score
The end of the world has already happened countless times, but people seem to forget about it the next day.

:p

Seb! said:
We have to start preparing now.
If it is the end of the world, why would you prepare, IT IS THE END!

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
The bible was written... a long time ago (xD) and has been saying 'The end is near." Yet about 2000 years later, we still here.

Now, lets just pretend the bible is correct. Some people are preparing for the world to end. So they know. If God or Jesus or w/e comes like a thief in the night, where no one knows, he won't come on 2012 cause some people know. So nope, not 2012.

Bronxernijn

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
The bible also says that God returns in a time when all civilizations are afraid of the seas.

Aqua Dragon

I'm made of water. Remember that now.
Reaction score
The bible also says that God returns in a time when all civilizations are afraid of the seas.

Rising sea levels.
Civilazations getting put under the sea.
Fear.

Though I can't really remember it ever saying that about the sea. Though what I DO remember is that the Bible did say that no living creature will be able to foresee when he comes again.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.