3 Dota Spell Requests

millzy

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
iv got these 3 spells that i wana make they are from dota

Spirit Lance
Throws a magical spirit from his lance at a target damaging it and slowing it down for 3 seconds. An illusion is created attacking the target.
Level 1 - Deals 100 damage and Cripples for 10%. Illusion lasts 2 seconds.
Level 2 - Deals 150 damage and Cripples for 20%. Illusion lasts 4 seconds.
Level 3 - Deals 200 damage and Cripples for 30%. Illusion lasts 6 seconds.
Level 4 - Deals 250 damage and Cripples for 40%. Illusion lasts 8 seconds.
level 5 - Deals 300 damage and cripples for 45% Illusion lasts 10 seconds
Mana Cost: 125 / 130 / 135 / 140/145

Juxtapose
Whenever the Phantom Lancer attacks he will randomly create a duplicate of himself. Limit of 5 images. Duplicates last 15 seconds.
Level 1 - 3% chance.
Level 2 - 6% chance.
Level 3 - 9% chance.
Level 4 - 12% chance.
level 5 - 15% chance.
also how would i add this

Phantom Edge
Gives the Phantom Lancer an edge in combat by increasing Juxtapose's image generation and increasing magic resistance. Additionally, it enables his images to generate their own images.
Level 1 - 10% magic resistance, 3% chance illusions will duplicate, 2% increase in Juxtapose.
Level 2 - 15% magic resistance, 5% chance illusions will duplicate, 4% increase in Juxtapose.
Level 3 - 20% magic resistance, 7% chance illusions will duplicate, 6% increase in Juxtapose.

the thing is i dont no what variable will be need and where to start on the triggers

the only 1 i sorta know how to do is spirit lance

Meowier

Reaction score
You've already asked for help in another thread, I honestly think you need to start with something a /lot/ simpler.

Creating simple abilities allows you to learn things through doing it, and the things you learn will eventually give you a greater understanding of how abilities like the ones from DotA you've presented work, allowing you to try and recreate them.

There are many simple ideas, why not try a targettable thunderclap? Or a blink spell that gives the caster a movement and attack speed increase for a small duration?

millzy

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
You've already asked for help in another thread, I honestly think you need to start with something a /lot/ simpler.

Creating simple abilities allows you to learn things through doing it, and the things you learn will eventually give you a greater understanding of how abilities like the ones from DotA you've presented work, allowing you to try and recreate them.

There are many simple ideas, why not try a targettable thunderclap? Or a blink spell that gives the caster a movement and attack speed increase for a small duration?

gives the caster faster atk speed and movement speed..... dont need a trigger for that all you use is bloodust

Meowier

Reaction score
Or a blink spell that gives the caster a movement and attack speed increase for a small duration?

Yes, but unless the 'bloodlust' spell is teleporting you in a random direction, it's not a blink spell.

millzy

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
is there some that can just tell me how to does these spells instead of telling me to do somthing els

millzy

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
ty so much but how can i ge them into my map.... i dunno the variable or variable types

whats difference in them and the latest phatem lancer skills

Draphoelix

It's not the wintercold that's killing me
Reaction score
It seems he have removed the map. Sec, I'll search.

>YaY, there are no map he can copy from.

Edit:
The Spirit Lance is easy made, just look at the code from my previous post. And the ulti is just a passive ability. That mostly increases theese two abilties I found, just modify them-
Juxtatopse
Doppelwalk

YaY_simulato

Reaction score
Copy + paste them from the map where they are already made? It will take time thou.. Then you need to also check that the triggers and variables are the right ones in each trigger (Maybe taking screenshots of the working ones so you dont have to switch maps all the time?), hope i helped :D

millzy

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
i cant copy and past he has no map there
i want the spirit lance that also adds an illution

Draphoelix

It's not the wintercold that's killing me
Reaction score
Edited my previous post. Found two spells, the other two are too basic to make a single spell on I guess. If you are desperate for the other two, look at my trivious link.

millzy

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
It seems he have removed the map. Sec, I'll search.

>YaY, there are no map he can copy from.

Edit:
The Spirit Lance is easy made, just look at the code from my previous post. And the ulti is just a passive ability. That mostly increases theese two abilties I found, just modify them-
Juxtatopse
Doppelwalk

i dont want dropple
i need a gui juxtatopse

the ult also adds that the ilusions can juxtatopse
ill need to trigger it for more chance to juxtatopse....... that skill it triggerd

the other thing is i want the spirit lance from the latest version

EDIT:Can some 1 help me

mordocai

Reaction score
for the spirit lance, just modify the trigger to make it so that a dummy casts mirror image, or wand of illusion on the target unit of ability being casy

DK's Pride

Reaction score
Okay. I admit this looks very stupid but i cant find an order issue for items unless you do it like that -.- but im not that great at triggering. So this is only a way of how it could be done, and its not that great ^^

Trigger:
  • Juxtapose
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is attacked
    • Conditions
      • (Level of Juxtapose for (Attacking unit)) Not equal to 0
    • Actions
      • Set CasterLoc = (Position of (Attacking unit))
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Random integer number between 1 and 100) Less than or equal to (3 x (Level of Juxtapose for (Attacking unit)))
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Create 1 Dummy for (Owner of (Attacking unit)) at CasterLoc facing Default building facing degrees
          • Item - Create Wand of Illusion at (Center of (Playable map area))
          • Hero - Give (Last created item) to (Last created unit)
          • Hero - Order (Last created unit) to use (Last created item) on (Attacking unit)
        • Else - Actions
          • Do nothing
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_CasterLoc)

The Dummy need an inventory.. and PLZ if someone know a better way write it cause this one sux a little xD

Edit: Oh i forgot to make the Max number of clones, thats 5 correct?
EditEdit: Meh i dont know how to detect when a clone dies =/

millzy

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
ok im not good with triggers

so i got more info to help use out

Juxtapose (A0DB)
The base spell is brilliance aura, providing 0.00 mana regen and the buff.

The trigger checks when an attack is started, check if the attacker has the Juxtapose buff, if it has, then count all units that player controls that have the Juxtapose buff, if it is lesser than 6, made a check, if the unit is real, check if the random number generated is lower or equal than 3*Juxt + 2*Edge, or if the unit is an illusion check if that number is lower or equal than 1 + 2*Edge. If it's true, then create a dummy unit, give it a Wand of Illusion based skill (A0DD) and tell to use the item on the Attacking unit.

Spirit Lance (A10D)
When Phantom lancer is created, 5 units are created with a cripple based ability (A10C), and 4 wand of illusion skills (A10H, A10G, A10I, A10F).

The skill is based on Channel.

When this skill is casted, count all illusion of Phantom Lancer hero owned by the same player that is casting the spirit lance in a 700 AoE, and to each of them make it face the same direction as the original PL is facing and set their animation to "slam".
-----------------------------
When the skill goes into effect, count all illusions of Phantom lancer owned by the same player that is casting the Lance in a 700 AoE, then tell it to false call (1) with the illusion, then make a true call of (1) for the original Phantom Lancer.

(1): Create a dummy unit (h06L) at the place where the unit that calls this function is, then store "Source", "Target", "damage" (this is true of false, according to how this trigger was called), "Projectile" (the dummy unit just created), "Level" (Spirit Lance level), then create a periodic timed trigger to be called every 0.035 seconds (2).

(2): Recovers "Source", "Target", "Level", "damage" and "Projectile" from the cache, then move "Projectile" 35 units, then he's made to face "Target", now if the distance between "Projectile" and "Target" is less or equal than 35, kill the unit and destroy this trigger, and if "damage" is true, then create a dummy unit (e00E) give it a cripple based ability (A10C) and tell to use it on "Target", then make "Source" damage "target" with 50+50*"Level", then set "Target" to be "SpiritTarget", and create a dummy unit (e00E), give it an illusion wand ability depending on "Level" (A10H, A10G, A10I, A10F), and tell to use it on "Source".
-----------------------------
Whenever a unit is summoned, if it has the Spirit Lance Illusion buff, then recover "SpiritTarget", set the illusions X&Y position to that target unit, and tell it to attack the target.

The Spirit Lance has a 1000 speed. The illusions who will be shown throwing the lance will only have it as the animation, is does not interfere with their attacks in any way. There's a couple of hints you should know to "realize" who the real PL is (or at least help): All illusions that are out of range for Spirit Lance to use it is pretty simple to realize (why why why does it count all illusions in a 700 AoE from PL? It should be from the target), the illusions will all face at the same angle that PL is seeing, so if you see a unit throwing the spear to who knows what place it's an illusion (it can be pretty easy to make them all face the target instead of face the same as PL).

Phantom Edge (A0YK)
While it is a Hardcoded skill (the Juxtapose trigger is the one that check's for Phantom Edge), it has a trigger associated with HoD/Cloak: Whenever a unit pick ups an item, if its either Hood of Defiance or Planeswalker Cloak and the unit has Corrosive Skin, Flesh Heap, Phantom Edge or Spellshield learnt, save the skill's level in a variable, remove the skill from the unit and then restore the skill to the unit with its level equal to the level it had before being removed.

all copyed from the web site king gave us

i dont now how to turn this info into triggers.... so im still stuck

EDIT:can any 1 help???

millzy

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
WOOT I MADE JUXTAPOSE

BUT I NEED TO NO HOW TO ADD THE OTHER CONDITIONS>>>>>>
LIMIT OF 5 ILUSIONS the ILUSIONS CANT DO IT UNTIL YOU LEARN Phantom Edge The extra % when u learn as well

Code:
juxatose
    Events
        Unit - A unit Is attacked
    Conditions
        ((Owner of (Triggering unit)) is an enemy of (Owner of (Attacking unit))) Equal to True
        (Level of Juxatose  for (Attacking unit)) Not equal to 0
    Actions
        If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            If - Conditions
                (Random integer number between 1 and 100) Less than or equal to (3 x (Level of Juxatose  for (Attacking unit)))
            Then - Actions
                Unit - Create 1 Dummy juxatpose for (Owner of (Attacking unit)) at (Position of (Attacking unit)) facing Default building facing degrees
                Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Attack (Attacking unit)
                Unit - Add a 1.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
            Else - Actions
                Do nothing

mordocai

Reaction score
if you mean the 3*jux+2*edge, just turn the 3 you have right now into arithmatic, then change those values:thup:

Dirac

Reaction score
I bet your illusion is not standing right in your hero's position, its besides him. Kind of takes away the cool thing about Juxtapose. you must: Turn off collision for caster - Pick every unit within 350 of caster matching that is an illusion - Move the illusion to the caster's position - Turn off collision for caster.

istar

Reaction score
place the illusions in unit group and add additional condition
count units in unitgroup<5
also integer comparison, level of jux = 0(no jux learned)
remove ability(aura) from illusions

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Heard Houston got hit pretty bad by storms last night. Hope all is well with TH.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Power back on finally - all is good here no damage
    +2
  • V-SNES V-SNES:
    Happy Friday!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New recipe is another summer dessert Berry and Peach Cheesecake - https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-berry-and-peach-cheesecake.194169/

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.