60 fps cap since patch?

PsychoticX

Reaction score
Hey so I was wondering if anyone else has this problem. My frame rate is pretty much locked at 60 fps in warcraft 3 since patch 1.22. I have v sync forced off in my settings, and my system is running an 8800 gtx (ie: capable of more ;)). It's an issue because there's a noticeable difference in mouse response from 60 to say 99 fps. Anyone else have this issue or know how to fix it? I've checked other games, 1800 fps in wizardry 8 so I think vsync is off lol.

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
No. My mouse response is fine and since human eyes only see like 30 frames per second I've noticed no difference. Although now none of my things work... this patch does suck, I'll agree with that.

Exide

I am amazingly focused right now!
Reaction score
According to Fraps my FPS was pretty much locked at 64. :p
I was sure I hade more FPS than that, though.. Earlier today.. Weird. :p

Ghostwind

o________o
Reaction score
Well if you think about it, why would you need more than around 30 anyways?

Anything faster than that would require either a REALLY simple program, or a REALLY fast processor.

Varine

Reaction score
Well if you think about it, why would you need more than around 30 anyways?

Anything faster than that would require either a REALLY simple program, or a REALLY fast processor.

To brag about it. And you would want a fast video card, not necessarily the processer, for frame speed.
After it hits about 45 to 60 FPS you can't really notice the difference anyway. Just clean your mouse.

PsychoticX

Reaction score
Ugh, it's not about bragging rights, if I cared about that I wouldn't be playing a game from 2004. The human eye can't really notice it but there IS a difference with mouse response, use any half decent gaming mouse (like a razor) and you will notice immediately. Even if it was about bragging rights, why would the game be capped now? There's no reason the game should be throttling down the frames, it has to be some setting or something new.

Newbwc3

Sephiroth_VII
Reaction score
I heard you can set the frame rate to what ever you want with a new cheatcode they added. "fps 60" I think. Not sure.

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah, I think you type /fps YOURNUMBER to set the maximium fps.

Varine

Reaction score
Ugh, it's not about bragging rights, if I cared about that I wouldn't be playing a game from 2004.

2002 actually. And people still play games from 2004 a lot. Like Halo... Half Life 2... Halo 2.... That was like the worst argument ever.

The human eye can't really notice it but there IS a difference with mouse response, use any half decent gaming mouse (like a razor) and you will notice immediately

Because maybe I can think of better ways to spend $80... like on my phone and Internet and stuff. Maybe the issue is that you're mouse just sucks. Mine works fine still and it was like ten dollars in a clearance sale at a Radio Shack or something. I got a free USB extension thing with, too.

Ghostwind

o________o
Reaction score
To brag about it. And you would want a fast video card, not necessarily the processer, for frame speed.
After it hits about 45 to 60 FPS you can't really notice the difference anyway. Just clean your mouse.

Yes, but you can have a Uber Ge-Force 10,000,000,000 graphics card and a shitty processor and you will still only get small FPS. You need both.

Varine

Reaction score
Yes, but you can have a Uber Ge-Force 10,000,000,000 graphics card and a shitty processor and you will still only get small FPS. You need both.

Video card is more important.

Varine, time for some education;

Visual system of the brain is too slow to process the information continuously.

New idea: Get used to the mouse response being slower?

PsychoticX

Reaction score
Visual system of the brain is too slow to process the information continuously.
New idea: Get used to the mouse response being slower?

There is no way to talk about this topic without the notion that the computer running it is capable of more than 64 fps. I don't know why you're getting so defensive about it. Sarcastic remarks aren't going to earn you +rep. I just want to know if the cap can be raised or removed.

The game plays fine, I'm just curious if there's a way over the cap. I did some Google searching and found a Mac running it at 250 fps+, I don't know if their client is different. This seems to be more of a exe issue, I'm not sure if there's anything that could be done about it. Clearly not a Vsync or comp issue at this point.

Does anyone running windows/linux have any luck getting it over say 64 fps (I think that's the exact cap)?

Evan1993

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
The cap starts at 200.
Added a new in-game cheat "maxfps" to limit the maximum frame rate to
the given number. Example: "maxfps 30" will set the maximum frame rate
to 30 FPS.

Thats just the cap... warcraft has no need to go higher then 60. I have never; in any patch, seen warcraft go above 60 on any of our comps. (And they have plenty good hardware)

I have GREAT mouse response with 60 fps.
I suggest makeing sure you mouse drivers are up to date.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.