A Few Questions

theXact

Reaction score
Hey, so I'm a big newb to JASS and I had a few questions before I get on my way.

What sort of helper programs do people use and what are the best? (JASS Craft etc..) And what sort of benefits would one have over the other?

Whats the difference between vJASS and regular JASS? And how would you choose between using one or the other?

Thanks!

(I did go through some of the tutorials and couldn't find these answers.)

Reaction score
Hey, so I'm a big newb to JASS and I had a few questions before I get on my way.

What sort of helper programs do people use and what are the best? (JASS Craft etc..) And what sort of benefits would one have over the other?

Jass NewGen Pack has all the tools you need for (v)JASS.

Whats the difference between vJASS and regular JASS? And how would you choose between using one or the other?

vJASS is an extension to JASS, so it would be better to use vJASS.

Think of it like C++ is to C.

theXact

Reaction score
Perfect sounds goood!

Although I did go and try NewGen and that thing is a disaster (for me at least) lots of errors and its causing w3 to crash and all that good stuff, and the forum is such maham It will take me ages to find a fix :O. Sounds like the recent patch really messed a lot of stuff up.

Also how do you use vJASS vs JASS, compile wise, would the editor just recognize one or the other? or is that what NewGen is doing?

Reaction score
Perfect sounds goood!

Although I did go and try NewGen and that thing is a disaster (for me at least) lots of errors and its causing w3 to crash and all that good stuff, and the forum is such maham It will take me ages to find a fix :O. Sounds like the recent patch really messed a lot of stuff up.

Also how do you use vJASS vs JASS, compile wise, would the editor just recognize one or the other? or is that what NewGen is doing?

NewGen contains a tool called jasshelper which parses vJASS.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.