A few simple questions, please help

The_Word

Reaction score
1)How do i increase the number of slots a unit takes in a zepplin/ship transport's cargo?
2)How do i enlarge the selection circle of a unit? (this green circle...)
3)How do i enlarge the space unit takes in the terrain?
4)How do i create a rename trigger?

XeNiM666

I lurk for pizza
Reaction score
1. Ability - Cargo Hold

2. Art - Selection Scale

3. Pathing - Collision Size

ManyTimes

I'm so lonesome I could cry...
Reaction score
No, he means he edited post 1.
4)How do i create a rename trigger?
Code:
Untitled Trigger 001
    Events
        Player - Player 1 (Red) types a chat message containing -name  as A substring
    Conditions
    Actions
        Player - Set name of (Triggering player) to (Substring((Entered chat string), 6, (Length of (Entered chat string))))

As for question one; I take it as he means how he can change that a demolisher for instance, takes only 1 space in a zeppelin, or a hero takes 5 slots in a zeppelin...
Object Editor > Unit > Stats - transport size

And assist, as in "help".

saw792

Is known to say things. That is all.
Reaction score
Code:
Events
        Player - Player 1 (Red) types a chat message containing -setname as A substring
        Player - Player 2 (Blue) types a chat message containing -setname as A substring
        Player - Player 3 (Teal) types a chat message containing -setname as A substring
        Player - Player 4 (Purple) types a chat message containing -setname as A substring
        Player - Player 5 (Yellow) types a chat message containing -setname as A substring
        Player - Player 6 (Orange) types a chat message containing -setname as A substring
        Player - Player 7 (Green) types a chat message containing -setname as A substring
        Player - Player 8 (Pink) types a chat message containing -setname as A substring
        Player - Player 9 (Gray) types a chat message containing -setname as A substring
        Player - Player 10 (Light Blue) types a chat message containing -setname as A substring
        Player - Player 11 (Dark Green) types a chat message containing -setname as A substring
        Player - Player 12 (Brown) types a chat message containing -setname as A substring
    Conditions
        (Substring((Entered chat string), 1, 9)) Equal to -setname 
    Actions
        Player - Set name of (Triggering player) to (Substring((Entered chat string), 10, (Length of (Entered chat string))))

Use this code. ManyTimes' code will work if you type 'player-name is a variable' or something, and will then set your name to 'r-name is a variable'. It also only works for one player.

The_Word

Reaction score
Ehm the rename code doesn't work, it just set the player's name "player 1" "player 2" etc. in an attachment to the player's color (red - player 1).

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
you can't rename the trigger.All the other things are under resources>units>and you click the footman.The zeppelin part is obvious.There is a "Art scailing value" and "At- selection scale" for your other questions

The_Word

Reaction score
no no lol i dont want to rename the trigger.
i want to create a "-rename" trigger, for exp, a player writes "-rename war", and his name will from now on be "war". understand?

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
> Ehm the rename code doesn't work

Hmmm... Obviously you did something wrong. Both the triggers posted seem fine. Show your trigger.

I would guess that you didn't use 'A substring' in the event part? You used 'Exact match' instead? Anyway, can't help without looking at your trigger.

The_Word

Reaction score
As far as i see, i did EXACTLY what he wrote:
20081011_18401627139_%D7%9C%D7%9C%D7%90%20%D7%A9%D7%9D.JPG

Artificial

Without Intelligence
Reaction score
You didn't. You're using -rename instead of -setname. It doesn't matter otherwise, but it has one letter less. Therefore you need to change the number 9 to 8 in the condition and the number 10 to 9 in the action.
Also make sure the condition string has a space in the end.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.