A handful of Spell Requests

Capndrs

Reaction score
EDIT: New Idea
Generic_Name_001b:
This spell can be targeted to a unit. Target unit looses all negative buffs. For every buff lost in this way, Target Unit gains 50 health, and caster gains 15 mana. I need some triggering ideas and a nice name for this one.... =)

I have a few spells I need help with. The 1st, 2nd, and 4th should take priority since I don't know where to start with them... But if someone could help/hint me with the 3rd thats needed too.
*As well as the spells themselves, the majority of them don't even have names yet, if you have a good name for one just give me a shout out =)

Last Hope: COMPLETE!
A Unit can cast this buff to a nearby ally.
This buff does nothing, and the target unit retains this buff indefinatly.
Once the target unit drops below 25% Max Health, the buff ends and the unit is healed for x health.

Trigger:
  • Last Hope
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is attacked
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • ((Attacked unit) has buff Last Hope ) Equal to True
        • Then - Actions
            • If - Conditions
              • (Life of (Attacked unit)) Less than or equal to ((Max life of (Attacked unit)) x 0.25)
            • Then - Actions
              • Unit - Remove Last Hope buff from (Triggering unit)
              • Unit - Set life of (Attacked unit) to ((Life of (Attacked unit)) + 150.00)
            • Else - Actions
        • Else - Actions

*Thanks to: Happy, Shura*

Mystic Regeneration: COMPLETE!
A Unit can enchant another Unit with a spell that restores it by 150 health over 15 Seconds
*Thanks to Happy*

Heal As One: COMPLETE!
A Unit can cast this spell on a unit and it heals the target Unit for 200 health and the caster for 100 health
Trigger:
  • Heal as One
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability
    • Conditions
    • Actions
        • If - Conditions
          • (Ability being cast) Equal to Heal as One
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Set life of (Casting unit) to ((Life of (Casting unit)) + 100.00)
          • Unit - Set life of (Target unit of ability being cast) to ((Life of (Target unit of ability being cast)) + 150.00)
        • Else - Actions

*Thanks to Happy*

*Any help is appreciated*

Happy

Reaction score
the second is just rejuvenation with changed time and life regen...
the first make the buff...make a spell based off channel with max duration no effects and unit target and add the buff to it...trigger that if a unit with the buff falls under 25% HP it get healed by X...
the fourth is easy triggered...a spell based off channel with no effects and unit target...if its casted heal the target by 200 HP and the caster by 100 HP...

i hope this helped^^

Capndrs

Reaction score
I'll try those out. I had a feeling they wouldn't be so hard. But I don't like not knowing what base spell to use =)
Thanks.

Shura

Reaction score
For the third one you could use Hardened Skin for the melee damage reduction and and adjusted Trueshot Aura for the damage boost. Also, for the first one, set the duration to 0, so that the buff will last forever.

Happy

Reaction score
But I don't like not knowing what base spell to use =)

the base spells i told you...
1. channel
2. rejuvenation
4. channel

and if you set the duration for the buff to 0 (like shura said) you have to trigger that its removed after healing otherwise the unit is invurnable after getting the buff once ;)

*EDIT : and for the names...whats about 'last hope' for the first one?

tooltiperror

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Base spell should almost always be channel, with exceptions for stuff such as auras.

Capndrs

Reaction score
Ok regeneration spell is working nicely. I triggered last hope and from what i did it looked right. My issue is that whenever i try to teach my unit last hope, it doesnt give me the spell...

PS. I like that name. Last Hope..

Grundy

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Last time I checked channel could not place buffs. Is there some trick to making it work or was it fixed in a patch or something?

Capndrs

Reaction score
You can definatly place buffs on channel, unless thats what is preventing it to appear.

jig7c

Stop reading me...-statement
Reaction score
Trigger:
  • Generic
    • Events
      • A unit starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditons
      • Ability being cast equal to Generic
    • Actions
      • Set Target = Target unit of ability being cast
      • Unit -Add Target ability Roar
      • Order Target to cast Rexxar - Roar
      • Unit -Add Target ability Defend
      • Start a count down timer Timer that will expire in 30 seconds

Trigger:
  • Timer
    • Events
      • Timer expires
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit - Remove ability Roar from Target
      • Unit - Remove ability Defend from Target
      • Set Target = No Unit

this triggers are just rough drafts...
i think you have to make Roar and Defend both item abilities, so it icon won't show up in the Control Box (bottom right corner of the screen)

just edit Roar and Defend abilities:
Roar: make the Target allowed to Self, mana cost to 0, change the damage bonus to whatever you want
Defend: change the movement speed; so it doesn't slow the unit's movement, also change the amount of damage to be blocked

name of the ability? how about Battle Trance?

IronTrout

Reaction score
With the third one, Do something along the lines of "Make castable spell (so like storm bolt but change the targets to allies instead of enemies) make three more spells, Command Aura, Spiked Carapace and Spellbook."

give the spellbook the command aura and spiked carapace spells and disable the spellbook in map initialization.. When the hero casts your spell, put in something along these lines
Trigger:
  • Stone Skin
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Stone Skin
    • Actions
      • Set Target = (Target unit of ability being cast)
      • Unit - Add StoneSkinSpellbook to Target
      • Wait 8.00 seconds
      • Unit - Remove StoneSkinSpellbook from Target

All you really have to do now is add in a level up thing. (I wasn't bothered :))

Happy

Reaction score
Capndrs dont use
Trigger:
  • Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability

use
Trigger:
  • A unit Starts the effect of an ability

instead

Grundy

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
You can definatly place buffs on channel, unless thats what is preventing it to appear.
I know you can add buffs to the channel spell in the object editor but the last time I tested that out casting the spell would not place the buff on the target.

I'm pretty sure you can add buffs to any spell, but if the spell wasn't coded to apply buffs then it's not going to apply a buff.

Capndrs

Reaction score
I know you can add buffs to the channel spell in the object editor but the last time I tested that out casting the spell would not place the buff on the target.

I'm pretty sure you can add buffs to any spell, but if the spell wasn't coded to apply buffs then it's not going to apply a buff.

I decided against using channel. These skills are in a spellbook item, and channel wasn't working for me so i used multiple spell, throw spells. Anyways I appreciate all the work on the third spell and I got it working, but I don't like its effect anymore for what i'm doing, Which leads me to this.

I need one more spell to add to my healer spellbook. I have plenty of spells already, but they are primarily healing. Heal as One, Last Hope, Reneration, and Mend Wounds (which is virtually just like the spell Heal). So if you have idea for my final spell slot shoot it up here =)

tooltiperror

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Make a spell that either heals or damages units in an AoE depending on if there are more enemies or more allies.

Capndrs

Reaction score
Ok i have a new idea! Unfortunatly it involves healing, but it sounds ok. Removes all negative buffs from a target unit, for every buff lost that unit gains 50 health.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.