a "third-person shooter: in Warcraft?

rtatpi

Reaction score
Hi, one of my game ideas is a third-person action game set in warcraft 3. It would kind of play out like the Star Wars Battlefront and Battlefield series. My main question is, is it possible to make it so the camera is locked behind the hero and rotates when the hero rotates as well, so the camera is always looking at the back of the hero?

thanks,
rtatpi :)

Cornface

Avoid, if at all possible.
Reaction score
It is, but I really have no idea how to do it, there are some triggers for it tho.. Look at the camera action triggers.

rtatpi

Reaction score
I want the camera like Azeroth Grand Prix, where the camera is always behind the player. Now, I would copy the triggers, but alas, its in JASS and all of the functions are put together and i cant figure where one ends and starts. If anyone knew the GUI equivalent, that would be AWESOME

Rabarber

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
I made a first-person shooter a while ago. :) My triggers will probably be of no use to you, since there are differences between first and third person.

Doomhammer

Bob Kotick - Gamers' corporate spoilsport No. 1
Reaction score
I've written a JASS script using 3 different camera setups (one for normal size units, one for large scale units, and one for air), you can move in and out to any player-owned non-building unit in game, and use arrow-keys to move around as long as you're locked to a particular unit. I'm still about to elaborate the whole thing, i.e. make the controls "smoother" and get rid of desyncs in multiplayer. The rest works nicely.

PM me if you're interested

rtatpi

Reaction score
Okay thanks you guys, I'll have to try it when I get back on my computer! Oh, I have keyboard movements set up already, but thanks anyway.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.