A type of spell i cant seem to make

Frizz.Meister

Reaction score
Im fairly good with world editor but im not amazing, and i have been having trouble creating a type of spell. The basics of the spell is a missile that travels in a strait line and causes damage to every enemy unit it touches. Although it sounds simple i cant seem to get it to work. Can anyone help?

b_ray210

Reaction score
Couldn't you base it off of something easy like carrion swarm or shockwave or something like that?

Frizz.Meister

Reaction score
I have tried basing it on both of those spells bu they both have problems. Shockwave works well except that any missile art is underground. Carrion swarm has wierd damage problem as in it doesnt damage everything in a line and appears to damage in a cone shape at the end of missiles life.

cleeezzz

The Undead Ranger.
Reaction score
well carrion swarm works well, its used in many archer games.

if you want to trigger it, its a pain in gui. but basically, create a unit, every x seconds, move it forward, pick all enemy units in range and damage them.

Frizz.Meister

Reaction score
Ok your right about doing it in gui it is a pain. Therefore i have reverted back to carrion swarm but i still have the damage problem. I want the ability to do 1200 damage to each unit it hits and to not have the cone effect. How do i manage this?

Jagan

Reaction score
You can try looking at my triggers here. It's the same damage-in-a-line concept, only I added in a maiming effect. Hope it'll help.

EDIT: Read it all the way to the last post, the solution to my problem was only solved then.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

• Ghan
        Administrator - Servers are fun

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.