Ability Based off Searing Arrows

Outbreak191

Reaction score
Im trying to make an ability based off searing arrows that does damage equivalent to a percentage of the casters Intelligence. Ive got it all figured out and made a floating text to display the damage but for some reason it always says the damage is 0 and from looking at the enemies life bar, the damage isn't added on either. Heres my trigger:

Code:
EnchantDamage
    Events
        Unit - A unit Is attacked
    Conditions
        And - All (Conditions) are true
            Conditions
                (Level of Enchant Weapon (Neutral) for (Attacking unit)) Greater than 0
                (Mana of (Attacking unit)) Greater than or equal to 50.00
    Actions
        Unit - Cause (Attacking unit) to damage (Attacked unit), dealing (((Real((Intelligence of (Attacking unit) (Include bonuses)))) / 4.00) x (Real((Level of Enchant Sword  for (Attacking unit))))) damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal
        Set loc = ((Position of (Attacked unit)) offset by ((-10.00 x (Real((Length of (String((Intelligence of (Attacking unit) (Include bonuses)))))))), 0.00))
        Floating Text - Create floating text that reads (<Empty String> + (String(((Integer(((Real((Intelligence of (Attacking unit) (Include bonuses)))) / 4.00))) x (Level of Enchant Sword  for (Attacking unit)))))) at loc with Z offset 140.00, using font size 10.00, color (100.00%, 0.00%, 100.00%), and 0.00% transparency
        Custom script:   set udg_loc = null
        Floating Text - Change (Last created floating text): Disable permanence
        Floating Text - Change the fading age of (Last created floating text) to 1.00 seconds
        Floating Text - Set the velocity of (Last created floating text) to 64.00 towards 90.00 degrees
        Floating Text - Change the lifespan of (Last created floating text) to 2.00 seconds

I know its not the conditions because the trigger is running it just says it does 0 damage.

lh2705

Just another Helper
Reaction score
i thought using that u gotta use starts the effect of an ability or begins casting an ability

i think starts an effect should be better

Outbreak191

Reaction score
Tried that but it seems that Searing Arrows has no order string and cannot be detected as an ability. Anyway there is nothing wrong with the event or conditions, its the actions that dont work.

lh2705

Just another Helper
Reaction score
perhaps try another passive ability with a buff so that its easier to detect
and globals do not need nulling

maybe try using frost arrows since it has a buff

Outbreak191

Reaction score
lh2705 said:
perhaps try another passive ability with a buff so that its easier to detect
and globals do not need nulling

maybe try using frost arrows since it has a buff

I nulled that global because its a location and its quicker to type null location rather than remove it. I want this to drain mana so passive is out of the question and I see you still haven't caught on to the fact that it can detect when Im using searing arrows its just the actions don't work. Having extra detection methods using buffs will not affect the actions at all and would probably require me to convert the whole thing to jass making it that little bit harder to edit when I need to.

Outbreak191

Reaction score
Wait nevermind I got it. I had 2 different abilities called Enchant Sword and I was checking the level of the wrong one. Sorry for wasting your time.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.