Ability damaging the host over time?

OVRKLL

Reaction score
Hey all,

Is it possible to make a passive ability that damages the host over time? I need this for a vampiristic spell that turns a foe into a bloodthirsty slave that constantly loses life but can regenerate it by attacking other units.

l-hate_you

Reaction score
Si Senor, take Unholy Aura and shift-doubleclick the Life Regeneration value and make it -1 (or whatever number you want. Keep in mind that this way, it can have levels too ^^ dont forget to make the ability a Unit ability so it isnt optional etc.)
:rolleyes:

shift-clicking makes it so you can make the values whatever you want and no, it will never crash the map by doing that

OVRKLL

Reaction score
isnt unholy aura a % value, not a constant. you could create a custom ability based on the ring of regeneration ability, that uses a constant value i think rather than %. when your hero learns the vamp ability, just add the negative regen ability.

I actually need a percentage...
Anyway: Whoa. You guys sure are helpful :D
Thanks a bunch!

Reaction score
But it wont "degenerate" unless the unit is not on full hp..

and unholy aura can be changed to give a flat bonus instead, its one of the fields...
not that it matters in this case..

OVRKLL

Reaction score
Well, the spell causing the state damages the target so the 100% HP thing is really not a problem.

OVRKLL

Reaction score
By the way, I have another question...
I'm using the following to describe the passive ability causing damage to the unit:

Code:
Reduces this unit's movement speed by <A00B,DataA1>% and gives it a negative health regeneration of <A00B,DataB1>.

This gives the following result (example):

Code:
Reduces this unit's movement speed by -50% and gives it a negative health regeneration of -5.

However, the '-' signs before the values are useless sinse I use the words 'decreases' and 'negative' to inform the user of the negative effects. How do I remove these '-' characters? Is there a "command" like '%' in '<A00B,DataB1,%>'?

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Just type in 5 instead of <A00B,DataB1>
It's not hard :p

GoGo-Boy

You can change this now in User CP
Reaction score
you could use fountain regeneration with a negative value, as that will give regen/degen based on MAX HP (so you can constantly drain 1% of their max hp per sec for example). unholy aura is based on units current regen rate as far as i know

Thought so too once. But I used the aura in my map and later found out that it has NOTHING to do with the current regen rate of the hero. Quite annoying that it says it is but actually isn't.

OVRKLL

Reaction score
Just type in 5 instead of <A00B,DataB1>
It's not hard :p

It's a matter of principles! I want every description to be dynamic... Rather a good habbit for a developer sinse this eliminates many potential "whoops'ies" (forgetting to change text with stats and the other way around as well as typing in different values... Hate that stuff)!
So, is it possible and how?

OVRKLL

Reaction score
I dont think it can be done (even though I never use those raw-code things in tooltips). From what I know, itll assign the value set in the Data Field, and if thats negative, the tooltip is gonna get negative number. imo, just stick to what Romek said ^^

Ew.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.