Ability Help - Water Portal

Sajberhippie

Reaction score
I want to make a Water Portal spell, that creates a two-way Waygate in a target sea-pathable area. It should also be walkable in itself, so that a unit that isn't amphibious or waterborn can stand ON it (though not walk away from it unless it's shallow water). Oh, and only the player owning the waygate should be able to use it, restricting me from using regular waygates.
The ability need not be MUI at all, but since I have no experience of waygates whatsoever it would be nice to get some help along the way.

Anyone who can shed some light on the issue? I've checked the waygate tutorial that I could find (http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php?t=24334) but as regular waygates can be used by any player, this is hardly useful. :(

Thanks a lot, and of course I'll +rep for any helpers out there! :)

jig7c

Stop reading me...-statement
Reaction score
make a dummy unit, and make that ur waygate... give it the waygate model... and then trigger it so that when a unit comes within 100 range of your dummy unit, and the unit is friendly, instantly move the unit to whatever point u need to...

Dynamis

Reaction score
Just make the building itself creatable in water like a dock and create a normal waygate that way. Afterward use a Player Controller comparison condition as the condition to your transportation trigger!

Sajberhippie

Reaction score
The thing is that it shouldn't be a preplaced waygate. It's a spell that creates a two-way portal, one at the caster's location and one at the target location.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.