Ability ideas

Surferkid993

God surferkid993 = new God(awesome.me);
Reaction score
I am making a game where there is no attack just abilities. I am looking to have atleast 10 abilities. They will all have multiple levels.

FYI:
It is a fight between two people splash will have no point.
Some abilities may help the unit gain life.
Fights take place in a small arena so long rage will be inefective, however hidding and invisibility types will help alot.
The only attribute being used is intelligence.
Teleporting could ruin the system so that is out.

Please all help is appreciated and credit will be given if you abilities are used.

Pineapple

Just Smile.
Reaction score
Flame jet - shoots a jet of fire out forward for (insert seconds here) and does (insert integer) × intelligence per second. increases with levels. (remember that the jet is only forwards and not locked onto the target, you should also be able to move with it.)

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Intelligence Drain - Drains 2/3/4 intelligence per seconds from the targeted unit. Lasts 5 seconds.

Intelligence Burn
- Burns 5x/10x/20x the intelligence of the target in mana. The mana combusts, dealing half of the mana burned in damage to the target.

Intelligence Boost - (CHANNELING) Increases your intelligence by 10/25/50 for 30 seconds. Must channel for 5 seconds first.

Lack of Intelligence - Burns mana equal to ((Your intelligence) - (Your target's intelligence)) x10/x15/x20. The mana combusts, dealing damage equal to the loss of mana.

Intelligent invisibility
- Renders the caster invisible, but doing so drains 10/5/2 intelligence per second. The intelligence slowly regenerates over 30 seconds.

Repell - Gives a 5%/10%/15% chance to repel back to the caster spells aimed at the hero.

Forceball - (AUTO_CASTABLE (Base it off something like Searing arrow)) shoots a ball made of the caster's mind at the target, dealing bonus damage equal to 1x/2x/3x its intelligence.

Paralize - Paralizes the target for 0,05x/0,10x/0,25x your hero's intelligence seconds. The caster must concentrate while doing so: his movespeed and attack speed are reduced respectively by 50% and 25%.

That's all I can think of for now ! :D

Good luck!

Surferkid993

Reaction score
Thank you all I think I will use almost all of those abilities. If any more people have ideas. Feel free to post.

I was also thinking about a revert cooldown that resets all your cooldowns except for this ability. How you I go about doing this?

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Mental Duel - Engages your target into a mental duel. You must channel this spell for 10 seconds and your opponent is locked in position for 10 seconds. While doing so, both you and the target lose 25 mana per second and 1 intelligence per second. The first to either reaach 0 mana or 0 intelligence loses the duel, and is stunned for 5 more seconds (time to recover from the duel). The winner will regain his intelligence over 5 seconds, while the loser will regain it over 30 seconds. The winner will also get a +10 temporary damage buff because he won the duel.

Mental Preparation - (PASSIVE) it reduces the mana cost of your other spells by 0.25x/0.5x/1x your intelligence.

Mental Power - Every time you cast a spell, it has a chance to recast itself OR add damage. (Calculate it as a random number between 1 and 2. If it is 1 - it recasts, if it is 2 - it adds damage). If the spell is recasted : Will recast the spell with 0.25x/0.5x/1x its original power. If the spell is given a damage boost, it adds 0.5x/1x/2x your intelligence in damage to it.

Mental Blindness - Every time you cast a spell, you release all your mental power into a powerful ray of sun. It may blind your enemy if he's not mentally strong enough to resist it. Gives a base chance of 5%/10%/15% of blinding the enemy, + ((Your intelligence) - (his intelligence)) x 0.5/1/2

Example : you have level 2 skill. base chance : 10%. You cast it. Say you have 30 intelligence and he's got 20. 30-20 = 10 so you have 10% + (10 x 1) = 20%. If it would have been lvl 1 it would have 5 + (10 x 0.5) = 10% chance to happen and level 3 : 15 + (10 x 2) = 35%

Mental Recovery - (PASSIVE) Upon casting a spell, gives you a chance to gain +5/+10/+20 damage, +50%/+100%/+200% and +50/100/200 hit points for 30 seconds. Chance per level : 10%/20%/30%.

That's all I can think of for now again.

Good luck :rolleyes:

Jimpy

The Invisible Observer
Reaction score
Blind/Darkness/Whateveryouwanttocallthis - Your mage dude casts a blinding spell on the enemy mage guy, blinds for a short duration of time. (Simply done using the fade filter trigger for varying ammounts of time, in coordination of ability level)

You could use a simple formula like fade filter time is equal to level of 'blindness' X1 second.

Surferkid993

Reaction score
Thanks so much, again. Those were great I will definately use them. If anyone has more post away. It will be greatly appreciated.

D

Dr4gonL0rd

Icicle Wave- Sends a wave of icicles and frost energy in a wave, dealing (X) damage and freezing enemies for (X) seconds.

Frost Blast- Makes a ring of ice and cold energy erupt and expand in all directions away from the caster, dealing (X) damage and freezing units for (X) seconds.
Ultimate ability^

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
you do realize he said that his map is 1v1 and those abilities will only affect one unit? :rolleyes:

C

CountDracula

Hmmm...ohhhh...

I always play Ninja vs Samurai and the ninjitsu spell on deciver is sweet, it switches places of the caster and the target, now i know ur trying to kill the guy so...

[x]=enemy hero
[o]=your hero
=Spell effect

[x]---<---switch--->--[o]

-once this is done make a spell effect be cast at target region(make region fallow target of spell) and make it do damage in that area, and if after u could make your hero invis for a time it really confuses the ''player'' rather then the unit :)

jsut imagine running to a hero and then u poof there and get hit with a spell, with a persons reaction time it takes a second or two to realize where their hero and yours went(this also depends on the size of the arena they fight in...)

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Surferkid993 said:
Thanks so much, again. Those were great I will definately use them. If anyone has more post away. It will be greatly appreciated.

Glad you liked them :rolleyes:

Surferkid993

Reaction score
SFilip said:
you do realize he said that his map is 1v1 and those abilities will only affect one unit? :rolleyes:

Thanks SFilip. Ya it is a 1v1 duel.

And I like the Idea of switching places.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.