About TheHelper.Net

Exide

I am amazingly focused right now!
Reaction score
I'm not sure if this is the correct part of the forum to start this thread in..

I had two ideas about TheHelper.
In the World Editor part of this forum, one can hover over the Thread names and see the first written post in that thread.
>Wouldn't it be better to show the last written one?

The other idea I had was to move threads to the top, in which a post has been editted.
Editting posts are supposed to prevent double posting (I think?), but if the thread remains a few spots down, most people think they already read the thread. So double posting/bumping is the only way to get people's attention.
I figured if editting would work in the same way as posting a new reply would help the users a little.

But that's just my opinion. :p

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
The first thing is bad, especially in the WEHZ where I find seeing the question much better than seeing (the beginning of) an answer.

The second might cause the people to edit slightly more, but it would be for the same purpose as bumping. If you edited the post at some point and enough time passed then you can also do a bump. If it's not yet 24h then wait, someone might look into it.
Double posting was never really considered such a bad thing anyway.

In addition to that both of these will probably require a certain amount of edits to vB which is IMO simply not worth the time. As AceHart would put it: don't fix what isn't broken. ;)

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't agree with those ideas.

Hovering over a thread's name is generally to have a glance at what's inside it.

An answer isn't what the thread is about (If it's even an answer...)

Also, allowing edits to be equal to bumps would be a real mess :p

Just wait 24 hours before bumping, that's all! Everyone has to, and so you do.

Reaction score
I bet like 10 members actually read all of the rules here...Psh, I don't even do that lol. I Just use common sense.

Blackveiled

Formerly, Ban-Lord
Reaction score
Rules are placed for a reason, you shouldn't double post because your increasing your count for no reason, thats not going to get you famous at all. Just edit your post. Also hovering over the thread name wouldn't be too good because you can just keep your cursor on the name and it will show you some of the first text. But what if the thread was insane huge? That wouldn't be good.

@Mercchris :p lol

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.