Absurd Problem (With spells)

zseriusz

Reaction score
Well...
This is a bug that i think all of you will be able to fix easily, i guess, but i've tried for one hour and i'm getting exaust. Okay, the thing lets say that I make a spell book.
Then lets say 6 spells. Doesn't matter which ones, then i do a trigger that makes auto level the spell book when the Hero lvl up. Easy thing and should not cause trouble.
But the thing is that when it lvls up, the spells delete one, and so, is not the trigger.

What i tried to mean is, in lvl 1 Spell book the spells are okay
In the second one too
And then, in the third one one of the abilities dissapeared, and it continues. It's really random and I think that the problem are the:

Graffics - Button position - Normal (X)
Graffics - Button position - Normal (Y)

I have tried looking into the spells from the normal heros. Paladin, etc. And i can't fix it ><. Thanks

rotten

Reaction score
Note that a hero can only have 5 hero spells, and unless you have a tricked out GUI for your warcraft, you won't get more than 12 commands to work with 5 already taken. That means 7 abilities overall at any time (6 + close book in a spell book I would imagine).
Also make sure to set maximum (and for safety minimum) spells to 6 for your custom book.

The way I understand it, either the book upgrades on every level up or it's a skill by itself which must be leveled.

You need to increase the level of the spells inside by 1 every time, not of the spell book ability itself; that only needs one level.

If case 2 you have to create a dummy Hero ability based on something that will not give a unit, like Unit - Slow Aura (Tornado) - just check hero ability, give it the appropriate number of levels, target only trees, no effect and no aoe. You also need to add levels to each of the skills inside the book, but do NOT make them hero abilities (you can have unit abilities with levels npnp).

Then, by trigger, disable your custom spell book ability for the owner of the hero that has it.
When the dummy skill is leveled to 1, enable the book. When it's leveled further, use triggers to level up all the skills inside the spell book, not the book itself.

The gist of this is that you have to add levels to the spells inside the book, not the book itself.

zseriusz

Reaction score
Thankyou! Solved.
The problem was what you said : Also make sure to set maximum (and for safety minimum) spells to 6 for your custom book.

Thanks then, and also thanks for the dummy help, i think i would have need it later too :).

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.