Adding Buffs in Triggers

AEK

Reaction score
Should be a quick question here.

i cannot find the trigger command to add a Buff to a unit, am i blind or is there no trigger commant for it and i need to add it to a spell?

thanks in advance, AEK.

H

HBtheOnly

You have to create a dummy unit first, then make that unit cast an ability which has the desired buff on the desired unit that you want. AFAIK there is no "add buff" action

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
You'd need to create a dummy, then give the dummy the buffing ability and order the dummy to cast the spell on your unit.

Code:
Untitled Trigger 002
    Events
        Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    Conditions
        (Ability being cast) Equal to Animate Dead
    Actions
        Unit - Create 1 Footman for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at (Position of (Triggering unit)) facing Default building facing degrees
        Unit - Add a 2.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
        Unit - Add Inner Fire to (Last created unit)
        Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Human Priest - Inner Fire (Triggering unit)
        Unit - Hide (Last created unit)

Something like that. This will cast Inner Fire buff to your unit. :) Hope you understand. The trigger is not leak-free.

Edit:
>AFAIK there is no "add buff" action
It doesn't exist :).

AEK

Reaction score
Oh, thank you :D

Edit: Ok, but when i go into "Unit - Issue order targeting Unit" it comes up with a list of spells but my custom spell is not in it... Am i usign the wrong action lol?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.