Adding Permanent Damage

M4573R

Reaction score
I'm trying to set the damage of a unit with triggers.

I have an ability based off of Item Permanent Damage Increase set to a unit ability with 80 levels (I know its a lot). I add it to a unit, set the level, then remove it. It doesn't change the damage of the unit at all. Same goes for health version of the trigger.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Dest

Reaction score
I'm trying to set the damage of a unit with triggers.

I have an ability based off of Item Permanent Damage Increase set to a unit ability with 80 levels (I know its a lot). I add it to a unit, set the level, then remove it. It doesn't change the damage of the unit at all. Same goes for health version of the trigger.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Even if you remove it, it doesn't stick with the unit... the permanent damage means that when a unit wear the item, it has permanent damage if it HOLDS it, and it means it's invulnerable to spells (such as Howl of Terror that reduces the damage). Just hide the ability and add the ability and it'll add the damage.

Faust

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
You need an other ability: "Item permanent damage gain".
Edit it, put it on a tome and give tome to a unit.
If you use it on a common unit, give it inventory first, then remove it.

M4573R

Reaction score
Is that the same for health and mana? In the post I linked I don't see him having to use items anywhere. He just uses the base ability.

Grundy

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
you can use upgrades to permanently increase a unit's damage. it depends on the kind of map you're making though. if you want it to be like normal ass wc3 but every unit can have its damage increased individually i don't think it would work but if each player can only have 1 unit, or 1 of each unit type, then using upgrades should work just fine.

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
> Is that the same for health and mana?

No it isn't... You can't do the same with damage, regen, etc... Only HP and mana work with the bug.

Try this if you're not good with JASS (as suggested by J4L in the other thread). Doesn't add permanent damage though. It will show the '+ Green text'. And it only works till 99999 damage at max.

M4573R

Reaction score
I was able to solve my damage and health adding problem by using 8 items and item abilities each and a binary trigger system in GUI.

I have an array of item types for damage and health.
So to add 150 damage or health, it would add the +128 damage/health tome, then the +16 damage/health tome, then +4 and +2, etc.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.