Advanced Spell [Help!]

Warraven

Reaction score
Im not sure if this is advanced, But it does look like it to me....
Well Whats ive got is a channeld warstomp so that in the 6 seconds of casting time the blademaster flys in the air and lands stunning all enemys and makes fireballs come out and hit all units in a aoe about 250 in size and dealing alot of damage.

But i can't get the last bit with the fireballs right. Please help!

PurgeandFire

zxcvmkgdfg
Reaction score
I would create dummy units at the position of the casting unit and have them cast a fireball spell. You can change the height by using "Animation - Change unit's flying height".
btw: It would be also cool to make stuff like ripples in the ground to make the spell seem a little better. :D

HEAD BANGER!!! :banghead: :banghead:

Warraven

Reaction score
Well, Ive actually made a dummy before but never made them use a spell, Im kinda new so im not sure how that will work, And just say theres more units, wouln't that just make the dummies fire at one unit?

PurgeandFire

zxcvmkgdfg
Reaction score
Oh yea, I forgot about that. Since the spell is AOE, it has no direct target. I think it will take some or maybe a lot of triggering to make that work. :eek:

Warraven

Reaction score
I thought that might be the case, But i thought there might be a unit count within range of triggering unit, so then I could make the dummies target a unit each or something Thanks for the effort though :D

PurgeandFire

zxcvmkgdfg
Reaction score
I'm not sure though because I am still a beginner or intemediate triggerer... I bet there is a way, but I'm not sure... :eek:

Warraven

Reaction score
Ok, Yeah i think there is a way, Just need help finding it :D If anyone else can help that would be great!

I

IKilledKEnny

What you need to do is to get the hero's point and then get in unit group all units that are in range of him. For each of them create a dummy unit and then order the dummy unit to fireball the enemy!

D

Down

use pick every unit within range, within 250 of target of ability being cast
Deal damage equal to # to picked units

D

Down

you can use a dummy to cast a 1 salvo volcano
aoe fireballs right there

Unless you want to go full dummy so u can see a little fireball animation you should do
Pick ever unit in unit group (Units within 500 range of point of ability being cast)
Loop 1-# of units in current unit group
Create 1 Fireball(dummy)
Order Last created Unit to Attack Random unit from unit group last created unit group
Remove Attacked Unit from unit group last created unit group
Remove last created Unit

Warraven

Reaction score
Hmm Didn't work...
What i have is this,

All it does is Jump in the air then lands then nothing else (I have units around the hero)

[Click image once for bigger Click it on the new window again to view closer]

Evote

Reaction score
dummy ablity then make that abliity make him fly and make another ablity with no icon which casts when the dummy ability finishes casting.
and the fireball humm maby make another ability with no icon and make it cast after.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.