AI Battles?

Do you want regular AI Battles

• Total voters

Gtam

Lerning how to write and read!! Yeah.
Reaction score
hi im just trying to find out if people will join and enjoy a AI Battles
There will be regular AI Battles and tournaments, people will have ranks, there will be a champion who will need to defend his title regularly

Hektor

Reaction score
AI Tourney was funny. If you look through you'll see Sevion screaming "ZOMG?!" every so often.

Gtam

Reaction score
ya and its fun for me to create the AI and fustrating seeing it act dum hehe. Well this ai battles will be regelur and people get ranks.

Hektor

Reaction score
Well, I voted that it all depends on how it's managed, meaning, depending on how you set everything up, how the ranks are set etc. And if there's too much time between battles, then people will get impatient and probably end up not watching. And yeah, tons of stuff to think about.

Gtam

Reaction score
well the ranks is set but you start with 0 rank points. 100 points is rank one there is 20 ranks. If you defeat someone you get rank point like 10 times their rank level. So defeat someone on rank 20 you get 200 rank points. For the tournament battle its prolly weekly or monthly but i think its best weekly or t weeks between battles. And you can battle people that has AIs to when you want as long as you bith have a set date. So there could even be rivalries.

Dinowc

don't expect anything, prepare for everything
Reaction score
The question is how will this be done.

this.

I also voted on "Depends how it's managed"

but it would get boring if only few ppl would participate

it's a good idea, but not every1 has time or knowledge to code AIs

Failenx

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Voted on how it will be managed, because I don't want to join a contest if it's management is the worst.

madd_999

Reaction score
to bad you cant vote 2 options, else i would have voted yes and how it will be managed..

now i only voted how it will be managed.. but it hink i would join if one would be held :p

Tyrulan

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Off Topic: (Sort Of) Where can I find a good tutorial for creating AI? I don't even know where to start with it.

Lyerae

I keep popping up on this site from time to time.
Reaction score
I'd like a good JASS AI tutorial as well...

Anyway, I think it'd be cool if the AI was good.

Joccaren

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
My vote currently stands on 'depends on how its ruled'

Which map will you be using?
Will there be pro and junior leagues?
What units are you allowed to make AI for, your own custom heroes, or just melee heroes?
Does the AI have to be fully made by you?

If all those are answered and they will work fine, I'm in with a 'yes'.

Also, could you edit the main thread to show whos in the comps and what date, and time they will be held (For the time, also show which timezone).

I have a Paladin AI that I'm working on that I may enter if I'm allowed

@Tyrulan: Heres a very short tutorial: Use Lots and Lots of If/Then/Else's to check how much hp, mana your unit is on, if it is being attacked, if it has spells, what unit its attacking, what units attacking it, ect. and then tell it to do different things depending on its status.

Gtam

Reaction score
well it will be normal heroes but im hoping to get well balanced custom heroes too to bring varity. Well there will be many maps not just one cause one will get boring so i will need q terrianer. There will be tournaments of 1vs1, 2vs2 and 3vs3 and i will have two post first for info and second for the people ranks, results and scedualed matches.

Joccaren

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
an AI battle is where 2 or more people make AI and the AI battle each other.

Gtam, Will the AI battle be like the AI battle that have always been here where Your hero starts off at Lvl 10 or will you have to creep you way up through the levels?

If you have to creep your way up, I have a map that you could use. Not necassarily the best terrain but not the worst either. Its up to you though...

Gtam

Reaction score
it will prolly be creep your way up. And an AI battle is were people create Artificial Intelegence for a hero to fight others.

Gtam

Reaction score
oh Joccaren that map will be great if you can post it here.

madd_999

Reaction score
it will prolly be creep your way up. And an AI battle is were people create Artificial Intelegence for a hero to fight others.

we could also use the system from the last AI contest.. every X seconds every hero would gain a level..

Gtam

Reaction score
Yes that is what im going to use the thread is already started in Members Projects

Looks like everybody will like it since there are 0 no's

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.