Animation editing in notepad screwing things up

Sajberhippie

Reaction score
While this isn't directly in the world editor, it's wc3 mapping related and so I hope it's okay to create the topic in this session.

I'm trying to do some basic animation transferring, hoping to learn how to apply the Gargoyle's flying animations as an alternate animation to the succubus unit (so it's a flying vampire). However, I've run into serious problems.

This is what I've done:

Extracted both models with wc3 viewer, and checked them in the model editor. Changed the names of the Gargoyle's animations into "Stand Alternate - 1" instead of "Stand 1" and so on, and removed the stony animations.

Converted both into .mdl's.

Tried to use Oinkerwinkle's animation transferrer. When transferred, the file was unopenable in wc3 model editor, and could not be converted into .mdx's. I could post the error message, but they don't get any google results at all so they're not common problems.

I tried using notepad instead, hoping the error was purely technical. Now the error message when trying to convert is understandable, though I can't see the problem with the file. It's "Expected Anim "Name" {"
I tried using a fresh copy of the demoness file, opening it in notepad, saving it without changing anything at all, and it generated the same error message, in line 102.

Anyone knows the problem and/or how to solve it? Or even nicer, is there anyone that could help me with the flying vampire transfer? I think I know how to do it apart from it not working (duh), but the non-working part is kinda off-setting for a modeling newb like me. Thanks, and +rep as usual.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.