Any ideas how to change Bounty art from Gold to Lumber ?

JuffoWup

Reaction score
So basically, how to chance the bounty art from yellow ( Gold ) to green ( Lumber ) ?

To be more specific, the game doesn't show the art of say +2 lumber bounty
when you kill enemy unit, even though the amount is added to the
killing players lumber amount.

J

JRPereira

Well, if it isn't doing it on its own (the text), why not just rig up a simple texttag for when a unit is killed?

Y

Yosh

The green text comes up if you use the "bundle of lumber" item, so, it's longwinded, but you could make different versions of that item (for different lumber + values) and then give them any unit with an inventory owned by the killing player (in theory the item is a powerup so it will never be detectable by the player, they should just see the +(whatever) green text come up).

JuffoWup

Reaction score
Oh Bugger... it worked fine, except the goddamned green numbers of +whatever is shown to everyone.. I know I'm being picky but is there any gizmo to make the "bountyart" of green digits shown only to the player who gains the bounty ?

J

JRPereira

You need to getlocalplayer and only show it to that player. I think this may involve hiding it after creation if it shows it automatically when creating a tag (can't remember).

Only things that don't change the game state like showing/hiding the tag are safe - you can't create the tag for a single player or it'll desync.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.