Any way to make the Blizzard non-chaneling?

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
Baisicly I have a passive that gives the Essence of Storm to cast Blizzard on atack.The problem is that i don't want the spell to be chanelling like it normally is.I want the unit to be able to atack as usual.Also- is there any way to remoove the DMG you take from it ?

RedSword

Reaction score
You could add a trigger giving a random chance to create a dummy unit that could cast it. If you do so you would need the array trick so it can be MUI.

demotry241

Don't Ever Categorize Yourself.
Reaction score
above suggestion is good

Code:
unit is attacked
condition
attacked unit has an ability = counter blizzard
action
if\then\else
  if 
   random number between 1 to 4000000 = 40
    then 
       create a dummy for owner of attacked unit at position of attacked unit
               add blizzard to last created unit
                  set level of blizzard of last created unit to level of counter blizzard for attacked unit
         add expiration time to last created unit to 10 seconds.
       order last created unit to blizzard attacking unit

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
the problem is not the passive.The problem is that blizzard is chanelling and i want to make it unchanelling

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
> make it unchanelling

Well, the problem has somewhat been solved by few posts above. Which was to use dummy units to cast the Blizzard instead of your hero. Unless I'm (or We're) missing something which you didn't explain nicely?

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
read his post. your unit wont even start casting blizzard. never.
you just create a dummy unit and this unit will channel the blizzard spell. but because the dummy is invisible, invulnerable and un selectable no one will ever notice its channeled and even if. no one would care.

ZeratuelX

Reaction score
Bloodcount,

demotry241's solution will cause your hero to not channel. The dummy unit will be the actual caster fo the spell, allowing your hero to run freely while the spell is in effect.

LightChaosma

Reaction score
if you dont even want the dummies to channel, all i can think of is to recreate it with special effects, but that wont look as nice as the actual spell... (you said you didnt want damge, what do you want from it then??)

TheDarkBoy

Reaction score
It seems that you already have gotten your question answered, but there is a much simpler way than triggering, i believe. Go into Object Editor and choose the ability. At the top it says "Art - Animation Names". Just delete the string "channel" and i think its there.

saw792

Is known to say things. That is all.
Reaction score
@TheDarkBoy

That will merely stop the unit from playing it's channel animation while it's being channeled. It doesn't stop the channeling itself.

General chit-chat
Help Users

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.