Archer Artillery

Sirroelivan

Gunnerkrigg Court
Reaction score
Hi

I'm trying to make an archer unit whose arrow, when shot will continue to move to the point it's target was when it shot. So if the target moves away, the arrow will miss. I already tried making an artillery (attack type) unit out of the archer, but this has the disadvantage that when a unit is killed by the archer, it explodes instead of dying regularly. I don't want this, so does anyone know a way round this?

Sirroelivan

Gunnerkrigg Court
Reaction score
But wouldn't the archer then always hit the target, since you use missile. I want the archer to be able to miss a moving target.

cowmenace

Reaction score
if that doesn't work you can always create a unit with the projectile as a model then give him perm immolation then destroy that unit after 3 seconds or if it comes within 100 range of an enemy.
a lot of work but it's one way of doing your desired effect =/
oh ya i forgot put it in a slide (set custom value then for the slide move all units with that custom value)

Sirroelivan

Gunnerkrigg Court
Reaction score
Actually, the problem would be solved by using artillery, if I could just prevent units from playing their alternate death (exploding) animation when dying. (via gameplay constants, gameplay interface?)

Draphoelix

It's not the wintercold that's killing me
Reaction score
Wrong shinami. I believe it's what they do in Impossible Bosses. Turn homing missile off. Haven't tried that but myself, but seen two games who achieved that and that must be homing missile.

shinami

Redirect your complaints to the nearest wall
Reaction score
Wrong shinami. I believe it's what they do in Impossible Bosses. Turn homing missile off. Haven't tried that but myself, but seen two games who achieved that and that must be homing missile.

Wrong2u2. I TRIED homing missiles. IT doesn't work.

Velex

Reaction score
You can give the archer an ability such as carrion swarm that is triggered to cast when the unit attacks. Change the missle to an arrow, the range to the archer's range and make a very small splash size. This will hit all units in a line, which is not exactly what your looking for.

You can try triggering unit to dissapear when it dies so it won't explode.
unit dies
unit type is _____
remove dying unit from the game

Genkora

Frog blast the vent core!
Reaction score
You can give the archer an ability such as carrion swarm that is triggered to cast when the unit attacks. Change the missle to an arrow, the range to the archer's range and make a very small splash size. This will hit all units in a line, which is not exactly what your looking for.

You can try triggering unit to dissapear when it dies so it won't explode.
unit dies
unit type is _____
remove dying unit from the game

or you could replace it with the same type of unit that is getting killed, then kill it through triggers.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.