Arena's and tree's

Aqkastik

Reaction score
Hey i have some problem with my arena map (; Ehm first of all is there a way to remove tree limits? Cause i've tried to download and use WE Unlimited and such but still doesnt work. But my greatest problem is on my duel (one duel every 5 minute) Ehm the trigger pick two heroes from AllHeroes and then place them in duel arena. The Problem is that there is a chance its two allies. And Even when its two enemies my trigger of teleport out of there doesnt work.
Winner of match
Events
Unit - A unit Dies
Conditions
(Number of units in (Units in (Arena Region <gen>)(((Killing unit) is A Hero) Equal to True))) Equal to 1
Actions
Unit - Move (Killing unit) instantly to (Center of My rect <gen>)

Hope you can help me (;
Aqkastik

SanKakU

Reaction score
your condition is retarded. instead of using that just tag both heroes that are dueling put them in a variable and make your trigger event check if that variable unit dies and if so then you teleport away the other variable unit. of course you might as well check that the respawn location for the defeated hero is not at the dueling place.

anyway since you said your trigger picking the heroes for the dueling is not working you should post that trigger also.

the newgen editor does have a no limits for trees thing you can use but i would use it with caution because some heavily tree populated areas can get pretty laggy in game.

Aqkastik

Reaction score
Here we go again

Duel Timer Expires Copy 2
Events
Time - DuelTimer expires
Conditions
Actions
Set AllHeroes = (Units in (Playable map area)(((Matching unit) is A Hero) Equal to True))
Set TheHeroes = (Random 2 units from AllHeroes)
Unit Group - Pick every unit in AllHeroes and do (Actions)
Loop - Actions
Set TempPoint = (Center of Arena Region <gen>)
Unit - Move (Picked unit) instantly to TempPoint
Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_TempPoint)
Custom script: call DestroyGroup(udg_TheHeroes)
Custom script: call DestroyGroup(udg_AllHeroes)

thats for the picking and thanks for newgen advice i'll try it. but ehm dude i am very retarded at these triggers so could you maybe make an example? and sorry for late response (school trip) (;

SanKakU

Reaction score
Duel Timer Expires Copy 2
using gui is probably not a good idea...
Events
Time - DuelTimer expires
Conditions
Actions
Set AllHeroes = (Units in (Playable map area)(((Matching unit) is A Hero) Equal to True))
Set TheHeroes = (Random 2 units from AllHeroes)
Unit Group - Pick every unit in AllHeroes and do (Actions)
when the player picks his hero, you need a different trigger with that event, the action should be to set a unit variable
(preferably an array with the number according to the number of the player) that picked unit. it depends on howthe player picks the hero how you do this. the event might be a unit sells a unit, or a unit finishes training a unit, or whatever. the action should read set variable = sold unit, trained unit...etc.

Loop - Actions
Set TempPoint = (Center of Arena Region <gen>)
instead of all this you should just use the 2 reals, the x and y for the center of the arena region. try this: after 5 game seconds display message to testing player... contentanated string of convert real to string real being x of point point being center of arena region + , + convert real to string real being y of point point being center of arena region
Unit - Move (Picked unit) instantly to TempPoint
after you see the x and y from the above method you can take a screenshot of the x,y numbers and use that for reference...or you can memorize them or you can write them down. in this case you just move the picked/variabled unit to the x and y point. in this case i think there might be a jass command to use that is better than the gui command. at any rate i'm not sure what function/action is best in this case for moving a unit since i haven't needed to do that much. it should be pretty simple though
Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_TempPoint)
Custom script: call DestroyGroup(udg_TheHeroes)
Custom script: call DestroyGroup(udg_AllHeroes)
if you followed the above instructions you probably won't need these custom scripts here...
thats for the picking and thanks for newgen advice i'll try it. but ehm dude i am very retarded at these triggers so could you maybe make an example? and sorry for late response (school trip) (;

that's a bit of an explanation...i haven't really tried to make a map like yours so i wouldn't make a full example...from the information i gave you, you should be able to figure a lot of that out though, at least.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.