Array Help

YoyoZ

Reaction score
Hey, i have a map in which you can purchase new units. When new units are purchased, when the game starts, it will automatically swarm when the timer hits 0. I have created a timer window for the units which have already been purchased. However, i am trying to do this with arrays.

I can make it so each unit availiable has its own timer window however, i want it so that only purchased units will have a window.

This is what i got so far

For each (Integer A) from 1 to 4, do (Actions)
Loop - Actions
Countdown Timer - Create a timer window for User_Timers[(Integer A)] with title Names[(Integer A)]
Set User_Windows[(Integer A)] = (Last created timer window)
If (Purchased[(Integer A)] Not equal to 1) then do (Countdown Timer - Destroy User_Windows[(Integer A)]) else do (Do nothing)

I am using intergers to tell if the unit has been purchased. 0 = not purchased, 1 = purchased. The last trigger is so that when a unit is not purchased(0) the window for that unit is destoryed.

I don't know why but when i make purchased=1 at map initialization it works, but any other point, it doesn't. e.g.

Purchase Archers
Events
Unit - A unit Finishes research
Conditions
(Triggering player) Equal to Player 1 (Red)
(Researched tech-type) Equal to Purchase Archers
Actions
Set Purchased_Archer = 1

I know this trigger which changes 'Purchased_Archer = 1' works as another trigger is effected by this "Purchased_Archer = 1". A unit spawns or not spawns because of this, e.g.

User Sending Archers
Events
Time - User_Archer_Timer expires
Conditions
Purchased_Archer Equal to 1
Actions
Unit - Create 1 Archer for Player 1 (Red) at (Center of Region 000 <gen>) facing (Center of Region 001 <gen>)

Thanks in Advance

Exide

I am amazingly focused right now!
Reaction score
You should wrap code or wc3 -tags around your triggers.

In this trigger:
Code:
Purchase Archers
Events
Unit - A unit Finishes research
Conditions
[COLOR="Red"](Triggering player) Equal to Player 1 (Red)[/COLOR]
(Researched tech-type) Equal to Purchase Archers 
Actions
Set Purchased_Archer = 1

the red text is wrong.
You should change it to: '(Owner of (Triggering unit))'.

You should also use Boolean instead of Integer, for checking if it's bought or not.
Boolean True = Purchased
Boolean False = Not Purchased

Your last trigger leaks two points.

YoyoZ

Reaction score
but ther trigger works as when i have purchased archer, the archers do come out, so it can't b a problem with that can it? i have also tried adding it to other things e.g. Player types hi, Purchased_Archer = 1 and it still don't work.
I will try change it to the boolean tho. Also, what do you mean by 2 leaks? sorry not too fluent with the jargons:p

Thanks for the quick reply, Rep Added

Exide

I am amazingly focused right now!
Reaction score
Add a Text Message that is displayed when you upgrade the archers.
-That way you will see if the trigger runs or not.

Leaks = bad. They cause lag and whatnot. More info:
Tutorial
Useful Tool

YoyoZ

Reaction score
Yip, the changing of True to False works, the Trigger of destroying the window works, just when you put them together, it doesn't.....

YoyoZ

Reaction score
"Actually, i think i figured it out, its the naming of the windows that isn't working,

For each (Integer A) from 1 to 4, do (Actions)
Loop - Actions
Countdown Timer - Create a timer window for User_Timers[(Integer A)] with title Names[(Integer A)]
Set User_Windows[(Integer A)] = (Last created timer window)
If (Purchased[(Integer A)] Equal to False) then do (Countdown Timer - Destroy User_Windows[(Integer A)]) else do (Do nothing)

Do you think so?"

Not the solution, tried it and it don't work

There is something weird because i have already set:
User_Window[1] = User_Footman_Window
User_Window[2] = User_Archer_Window
User_Window[3] = User_Knight_Window

but when i use a single delete trigger

Countdown Timer - Destroy User_Window[1] it works but Countdown Timer - Destroy User_Footman_Window it doesn't. know why??

YoyoZ

Reaction score
Is it because 1 thing can not = more than 2? e.g. Footman_window= Window 1 = last created window?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.