Aspect TD (was: Evolution TD)

Halo_king116

Working As Intended
Reaction score
Karawasa said:
Why are you using Elements and Elemental TD?

Can you be creative?

LoL, this is a guy who named his map off of his terrain. Tropical terrain, Tropical Tag. Tropical, a very common word :p

Karawasa, you make me cry.

As for the idea, I love it! There is no way I can express how much I love the idea, but you get the point with this heart. <3

I would defiantly play this map, my favorite idea is how the towers are more affected by the closer you get to the Elements. I don't know if theres a map already like this, but all the same I love it.

As for towers... The idea seems complicated to understand, seeing which way they lean, their levels, etc.

But perhaps:

Ancient Tower - Leans towards earth. A powerful, shorter ranged tower. Uses the forces of nature upon it's foes, and can cast Entangled Roots automatically.

Naga Tower (Name unsure, just idea for sure): Leans towards water. The naga takes their power from the location, so when the magic of the ocean is the strongest (Day for random example) they are more powerful. Though at night, when the sea is dead, the magics are not as powerful.

Magma Tower - Leans towards Earth and Fire. The power of magma is mighty, and upon impact leaks very strong burn marks, thus causing damage over time. Though can be cooled down by towers of the Water Elemental.

Those are just some ideas, comments are wasnted, as I would like to know if it's worth writing more :)

Have a nice day! :D

Karawasa

Element Tower Defense
Reaction score
Halo_king116 said:
LoL, this is a guy who named his map off of his terrain. Tropical terrain, Tropical Tag. Tropical, a very common word :p

Karawasa, you make me cry.

LOL!@

Heh ya. But the reason I complained about Elemental TD was that its too similar to Element TD ;).

NiKaNoRoU_GR

Reaction score
All towers should be around 6 elements (water, fire, earth, wind, light, dark)
So I will suggest each tower 4 an element and then combinationed towers:
Earth: Granite Tower-> hurls boulders, strong hp, armor, bonus dmg to water beings
Wind: Aerial Tower-> windslashes with glaives or cloudlines, imposing attack speed, bonus dmg to earth beings
Fire: Scorching tower-> burns with firebolts, effect: burn loses hp/sec, good attack speed, bonus dmg wind beings
Water: Abyss Tower-> drowns with mega-bubbles, bad stats, bonus dmg to fire beings and light beings
Light: Purifying tower-> hurts sinners with light arrows or healing balms to allies (heal ability-good!), balanced stats, has heal and deals bonus dmg to dark beings.
Dark: Dime tower-> throws skulls, imposing attack, bonus dmg to all beings, except light and dark.Less dmg to light beings (most expensive)
4 the combinations I'll edit or post later on.

AgentPaper

From the depths, I come.
Reaction score
@haloking

Not too bad ideas for towers, especially the Naga Tower, though that sounds like a tower for the air line, not water. Remeber that the elements the towers lean towards are based on the traits of the towers, not what they look like. So for example your naga tower, it is likely powerful, but only at certain times. This means that it is unreliable, and so should lean towards air.

@Nikanorou

You seem to have the wrong idea about how this game is going to work. The elements are based off different attributes a tower may have, like if it is meant to support other towers (water),or if it supports only itself, and hinders others (fire), or if it is meant to be good against everything, all the time (earth), or if it is meant to be good only against certain creeps or at certain times (air). If you can find another major trait similar to these two, then I may add it, but until then, these four will suffice just fine. Here's another explanation of how the elements work, if you're still confused:

Water towers are meant to support other towers, and don't nessacarily do too much damage on their own. This is a good element for people who like to build many towers, which work together well.

Fire towers are more independant, with abilities that make them very powerful, but also make it harder for towers around them to do damage. This is a good element for people who like to use a few, powerful towers, which don't need other towers to make them great.

Earth towers are meant to be very stable, meaning they do the same or very similar damage to all creeps of all types all the time. This element is good for players who like to use only a few types of towers, which are just as good at killing anything that comes.

Air towers are much less reliable, and many specialize in killing only a few types of creeps, or only at certain times. This element is good for people who like to build many different types of towers, each of which is great at killing a certain type of creep.

There are also towers which are mixes of different towers, which combine the traits of both. For example, a tower that supports other towers, but in a very stable way, like a positive aura, would be a mix between earth and water. (this is actually the flame totem)

If you don't understand, don't worry. Just post the idea and a guess of what element(s) (or not), and I'll put it in the right area.

AgentPaper

From the depths, I come.
Reaction score
Bring
Up
My

NiKaNoRoU_GR

Reaction score
AgentPaper said:
@Nikanorou
You seem to have the wrong idea about how this game is going to work. The elements are based off different attributes a tower may have, like if it is meant to support other towers (water),or if it supports only itself, and hinders others (fire), or if it is meant to be good against everything, all the time (earth), or if it is meant to be good only against certain creeps or at certain times (air). If you can find another major trait similar to these two, then I may add it, but until then, these four will suffice just fine.
If you don't understand, don't worry. Just post the idea and a guess of what element(s) (or not), and I'll put it in the right area.
Then I will add those ideas in another TD, if you don't mind...
Suggestions:
(I insist on this name, though)->
Granite tower:
It is towards the Earth element.
It's attacks give a hard lesson to any invader belltling the power of the Earth.
It accidentally throws Granite bulders instead of normal granite stones, which stuns upon impact.

Scorching Tower:
It is towards fire element.
This tower's heat can be hardly overwelmed: it vanishes every drop of water in dead time.
It burns enemies with Flaming rivers, and when another enemy comes to one that has been infected by flame, he gets flamed, too.
However, a strong water attack can extinguish the flame infection.

Shore tower:
It is towards earth, wind and water elements.
This tower unleashes soothing sents that calm enemies and slow down them.
Many of them, because of the fatigue, become fast asleep.Also, it's sents touch nearby kinds of towers (except fire ones), and increase their attack rate by some time

Zephyrus tower:
It is towards Wind el.
This tower's winds create an atmosphere that while attacking, it sometimes unleash a foe in air for some seconds (cyclone).
This tower's winds wash away earth...
These 4 now

AgentPaper

From the depths, I come.
Reaction score
NiKaNoRoU_GR said:
Then I will add those ideas in another TD, if you don't mind...
That's fine with me, they don't fit this TD at all.
NiKaNoRoU_GR said:
Suggestions:
(I insist on this name, though)->
Granite tower:
It is towards the Earth element.
It's attacks give a hard lesson to any invader belltling the power of the Earth.
It accidentally throws Granite bulders instead of normal granite stones, which stuns upon impact.
Sounds like a good tower for water/air, but I already have a tower that does exactly that.
NiKaNoRoU_GR said:
Scorching Tower:
It is towards fire element.
This tower's heat can be hardly overwelmed: it vanishes every drop of water in dead time.
It burns enemies with Flaming rivers, and when another enemy comes to one that has been infected by flame, he gets flamed, too.
However, a strong water attack can extinguish the flame infection.
Also not a bad idea, for fire to spread to nearby units. I have a few towers that make units catch fire also, however.
NiKaNoRoU_GR said:
Shore tower:
It is towards earth, wind and water elements.
This tower unleashes soothing sents that calm enemies and slow down them.
Many of them, because of the fatigue, become fast asleep.Also, it's sents touch nearby kinds of towers (except fire ones), and increase their attack rate by some time
I don't plan on having any tri-element towers, as opposing elements are very contradictory. (towers can't both support and hinder towers nearby, and can't be both stable and unstable at the same time) The slow with a chance to stun seems good, but still might not fit into this TD, sorry.
NiKaNoRoU_GR said:
Zephyrus tower:
It is towards Wind el.
This tower's winds create an atmosphere that while attacking, it sometimes unleash a foe in air for some seconds (cyclone).
This tower's winds wash away earth...
These 4 now
Not a bad idea, I think I will make a tower that can use cyclone. It picks up the unit, and makes it move backwards, though can't be attacked. Would be wind/water, of course.

V

VG Emblem

Heh, how about a Firelord Tower? It can be the ultimate fire tower. Its attacks could have the Firelord's Incinerate ability (or something close to that), and when a unit dies under that effect it turns into a Lava Spawn.

Incineration Tower would also be a fitting name.

AgentPaper

From the depths, I come.
Reaction score
I'm sorry you guys, but none of these towers can really be used in my map. I need good, varied towers, not ones with little gimmiks to make them "cool". I'm trying to avoid having a lot of flashy stuff without good, solid concepts behind each one. So, don't worry about the way it will look or the name or anything like that, that should come after.

However, I do thank you all a lot for the ideas you have given me indirectly, and once I get back I should be able to implement them. Here are a few I've thought of:

Hero Towers - I will likely have a couple of these, leaning towards different elements, though likely most or all leaning towards air, though. These towers will level up by killing things, or having towers near them kill things. As they level, they get more powerful, and can learn abilities that make them even more powerful.

(may think of more later, I know I had some)

Halo_king116

Working As Intended
Reaction score
Wind Tower (name unsure) - Leans towards air, and a bit to Water. Does lower damage, but a strong gust of wind impacts the unit, sending it either backwards or forwards. Very unreliable, but has a bit lower chance to send them forwards than backwards. Upon landing walks slower for 2 seconds. Does not work on Boss Creeps (If there are any).

I know it's a wierd idea, but it would leave room for strong strategic techniques. It's not perfect, but perhaps can be built off of.

Grouping these tower together, and having strong towers Before and after them would be a good technique, so they have a chance of repeatedly sending units backwards, though has a chance of sending the forwards, and does low damage.

It would create some problems, but it was just an idea I threw out. I hope it sparks ideas.

Plus, bumped your topic again :D

Have a nice night!

3ekarfotos

Greate Spalls tower chaos damage but slow attack speed and a.e.d

NiKaNoRoU_GR

Reaction score
3ekarfotos said:
Greate Spalls tower chaos damage but slow attack speed and a.e.d
What was it again :confused:
Anyways, other ideas:

Spire tower:
Leans towards earth and wind.
This tower can impale enemies and has a good strike, too.
Impales of this tower can easily bring drought to nearby water sources.

Flexible tower:
This strange tower draws power from both water and fire, which makes it a morphing tower which changes shape.
It's water-like shape is more supportive, taking powers from water towers.
It's fire-like shape is more offensive and striking, relying most on it's own.
When fire-like shape attacks, it burns nearby earth corps.

(the tower's name below totally inspires me...Dragon's nest model file I think would suite it)
Dragon tower:
The most powerful tower in the game, this tower has possession of the most powerful winds and the most purifying flames.
It's flames attack many enemies at once(breathe fire ability).
It's fast winds can tear a mountain down to sand.
However, this tower must be the very isolated one, because it sharply downgrades ANY nearby tower.

Granite tower (fixed)
Added a new ability:
The tower's granite boulders can sometimes bounce over other nearby units, dealing less damage /unit.

Savior tower: (no real name found)
Tower of Water.
It has the unique ability to teleport units some yards back.
Imagine this: you're almost defeated, an army of mosters is leading towards your protection-structure, so the game will end.And voila!!! the army is teleported back to your tower domain, and your wind towers slash the army.Victory!!!

Tsunami tower:
Another tower towards wind and water.
It has 2 abilities, each for its element
1.Tsunami: deals damage to enemies with a whole tsunami that has the chance to drown immediatelly an enemy.Also it leaves no trace of fire nearby.
2.Western wind: this wind is unusually capable of increasing the attack of all nearby fire and wind towers, as well as their attack rate.

AgentPaper

From the depths, I come.
Reaction score
Hmm, I like that savior tower, though I'd probably call it a tsunami or wave tower, sinceit pushes units backwards with a wave of water. Anyways, that is a good tower for the water line, and a bit towards air as well, since it's pretty specialized.

NiKaNoRoU_GR

Reaction score
From your words of interest, it seems I ought to seek more tower abilities than towers themselves, am I right?

AgentPaper

From the depths, I come.
Reaction score
NiKaNoRoU_GR said:
From your words of interest, it seems I ought to seek more tower abilities than towers themselves, am I right?
Erm, is there a difference? The ability of the tower is what makes it unique, and useful. With no ability, all you have is a basic tower.

NiKaNoRoU_GR

Reaction score
AgentPaper said:
Erm, is there a difference? The ability of the tower is what makes it unique, and useful. With no ability, all you have is a basic tower.
What my point is, that I don't have to suggest towers, just tower abilities, 'coz I have many ideas like the savior ability...
Anyways, you didn't answer, so I continue:
Blackfire tower:
This tower has the power of fire and Earth.
The attacks of this tower cause Blindness to enemies with thick fog, making them going to different directions for a while.
The fog this tower creates vanishes trace that reveals nearby wind leftovers.

Island tower:
A very big tower of water and earth.
This rock has the ability to create a Lure Spire somewhere, a rock which draws nearby enemies to it's sight next to it, and starts damages them.Many of them have lost thier lives trying to get away from the Lure Rock's magnet pull.

Killing tower:
A very good attck tower towards wind.
It's attacks have chance to critical.
When it criticals all enemies around the main target are stunned.

Soft tower: (fixed<-)
This tower towards Wind and water erects a scent that slows all enemies and puts some of them to sleep with balms of soothing scents.
It also renews the damage of all nearby towers by %

AgentPaper

From the depths, I come.
Reaction score
Few more ideas:

Fog Tower: Leans towards air, and a bit towards water. Creates a misty fog surrounding the tower (only seen in the runner's path though), which makes enemies get lost. Lost enemies can run either faster or slower, and randomly run backwards for a bit, or someties run "sideways", stunning them when they hit the wall of the path.

Electric Tower: (element undecided) Attacks bounce to hit multiple enemies.

NiKaNoRoU_GR

Reaction score
AgentPaper said:
Few more ideas:

Fog Tower: Leans towards air, and a bit towards water. Creates a misty fog surrounding the tower (only seen in the runner's path though), which makes enemies get lost. Lost enemies can run either faster or slower, and randomly run backwards for a bit, or someties run "sideways", stunning them when they hit the wall of the path.

Electric Tower: (element undecided) Attacks bounce to hit multiple enemies.
:confused: you post your own ideas? why?
And my last ideas where of help or not?

AgentPaper

From the depths, I come.
Reaction score
The fog tower is basically your blackfire tower, just with my own little twist. And those are towers I plan to have in the map, and yes your ideas are helping quite a bit. You'll be in credits. :D

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • WildTurkey WildTurkey:
    is there a stephen green in the house?
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up WildTurkey?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Looks like Google fixed whatever mistake that made the recipes on the site go crazy and we are no longer trending towards a recipe site lol - I don't care though because it motivated me to spend alot of time on the site improving it and at least now the content people are looking at is not stupid and embarrassing like it was when I first got back into this like 5 years ago.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Plus - I have a pretty bad ass recipe collection now! That section of the site is 10 thousand times better than it was before
  • The Helper The Helper:
    We now have a web designer at my job. A legit talented professional! I am going to get him to redesign the site theme. It is time.
  • Varine Varine:
    I got one more day of community service and then I'm free from this nonsense! I polished a cop car today for a funeral or something I guess
  • Varine Varine:
    They also were digging threw old shit at the sheriff's office and I tried to get them to give me the old electronic stuff, but they said no. They can't give it to people because they might use it to impersonate a cop or break into their network or some shit? idk but it was a shame to see them take a whole bunch of radios and shit to get shredded and landfilled
  • The Helper The Helper:
    whatever at least you are free
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How are you all? :D
    +1
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Howdy
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.