Aspect TD (was: Evolution TD)

NiKaNoRoU_GR

Reaction score
More suggestions (wonder if I get any rep, I need it)

Trap tower:
This earth tower mostly throws food instead of missiles.
But the food it throws is toxic; enemies go to eat it and die smiling (o_O)

Brass tower:
A wind tower, made of clouds.
So, magnificently, this tower's attacks do very little damage, but afterwards every enemy hit stands still for a while, and while stood still, he looses his body and lets other towers damage the enemies more %.

Volcano tower:
A very deadly tower of fire.
It's attacks are AOE stunning, and some enemies are stunned for more time.
However, slow attack speed, and leaves no trace of earth towers

H

herra-sika

Phoenix Tower
Wind and fire
Does huge damage but slow attack speed and have phoenix fire skill to unit very near it. :)

AgentPaper

From the depths, I come.
Reaction score
The trap and brass towers seem kinda...pointless...but the volcano one gave me 2 ideas!

Volcano: Leans towards fire, and a bit towards ground. Spits out lava in all directions, doing damage to up to X nearby units. Does massive damage to enemies, but can also hit allied towers, so beware.

Brass Tower: Does very large AOE damage on attack, but AOE also damages towers.

Once again, thanks for the great ideas (or at least for inspiring them). Once I get back to working on the map (probably tomorrow), I'll add them in, and see what else we need. Not much, methinks.

NiKaNoRoU_GR

Reaction score
More suggestions

Blistering tower:
A very strong tower of wind and water
This tower has so cold attacks that enemies freeze in each attack and go slower.This tower also has the ability to create a glacier in a place and stop tresspasing until it melts.
Brownrock tower:
This tower blends earth with other elements with it's ability.
Makes each nearby tower a different element in order to accept benefits from it and adapt it to each situation.
Steel tower:
This tower of Wind and Earth possess mad attacks which peer through armor at enemies.
Also, this tower has a percentage attack which can slash through a foe instantly.And bosses get armor-piercing damage, but can't be killed instantly

Also, I would be grateful, AgentPaper if you could grant me some rep for my ideas...

AgentPaper

From the depths, I come.
Reaction score
*Bump*

Medusa Tower: (element undecided) Hit enemies turn to stone, making them invulnerable and immoblie for a time. Great for blocking the movement of other runners.

Armor Piercing Tower: Leans towards earth (and maybe something else). Attacks ignore armor when doing damage.

NiKaNoRoU_GR

Reaction score
bumpy

Venom tower:
Towards earth.
This tower's attacks leaves venom on enemies hit, making them die (and move) slowly.
This tower's venom also poisons the area when a unit dies by it

Goblin tower: (no element decided)
The goblin tower plants bombs in an area and blows them manually or automatically.

Tower of the Depths:
A very frightening water tower which can summon beasts from the depths and cover the whole map with shallow water, slowing enemies and increasing water towers attack speed and dmg.
Also slows fire, earth towers.

Ash tower:
A fire-earth tower can throw ashes to enemies and make them go BACKWARDS for a while.

AgentPaper, I would be grateful if you could rep me and give some credit on your map, I have given yu 20 towers so far.Please :eek:

AgentPaper

From the depths, I come.
Reaction score
*Bump*

Mud Tower: Leans towards earth, and a lot towards water. Turns all the terrain in the map to mud, making all the creeps move a little bit slower.

Plauge Tower: (element undecided) Poisons and slows an enemy for a time, and if that enemy dies during the effect, that enemy explodes, giving the poison to all nearby enemies.

And yes, you will be listed at the loading screen, and credits.

AgentPaper

From the depths, I come.
Reaction score
Updated List-

Level 1 Tower
Basic Tower - Leans towards no elements. Primary defensive structure.

Level 2 Towers
Guard Tower - Leans toward fire and air. Has a strong, slow attack.
Cannon Tower - Leans towards earth and water. Does damage to units in an area
Slow Tower - Leans towards water and air. Slows enemy units with a frost attack.
Rapid Tower - Leans towards earth and fire. Attacks very quickly, but does little damage

Level 3 Towers
Death Tower - Leans towards earth. Fires up to 5 bolts of energy at a time, each of which does a large amount of splash damage.

Level 4 Towers
Crypt - Leans towards water, and a bit towards air. Has no attack, but can raise skeletons from corpses to attack and hinder enemies.
Arcane Tower - Leans mostly towards air, and a bit towards water. Has the Feedback ability, which causes its attacks to destroy mana, dealing extra damage equal to the mana destroyed.
Flame Totem - Leans towards earth and water. Has an aura that increases damage of nearby towers.
Nether Pit - Leans towards air and fire. Has the Nether Blast ability, which does major damage and damage over time, though it also increases the targets armor.
Ziggurat - Leans towards earth and fire. Strong tower, has an unholy aura that slows everything close to it, including other towers.

Here are some that I have come up with, but not completed as of yet:
(Many names will change, these are just model names)

Level 2 Towers:
Boulder Tower - Leans towards water. Fires up to 5 boulders at a time, which have a chance to stun enemies.
Energy Tower - Leans towards earth. Fires up to 5 bolts of arcane energy at a time over a very long range.

Level 3 Towers:
Moon Well - Leans towards water. No attack, but has a high mana regeneration, and can transfer mana to nearby towers when needed.
Ancient of War - Leans towards air, and a bit towards fire. Casts a spell that does high damage to a single creep.
Arcane Vault - Leans towards air and water. Attacks steal some gold from the target, adding to your gold.
Flame Tower - Leans towards fire, and a bit towards earth. Fires up to 5 fireballs at enemies, which make them catch on fire. Creeps on fire run faster and take damage over time.
Tauren Totem - Leans towards earth, and a bit towards water. Fires ammo drenched in burning oil, causing the ground to light on fire and burn enemy units.
Ancient of the Mists - Leans towards air, and a bit towards water. Creates a misty fog surrounding the tower (only seen in the runner's path though), which makes enemies get lost. Lost enemies can run either faster or slower, and randomly run backwards for a bit, or someties run "sideways", stunning them when they hit the wall of the path.
Armor-Piercing Tower - Leans towards earth, and a bit towards fire. Attacks ignore armor when doing damage.

Level 4 Towers:
Cold Tower - Leans mostly towards water, and a bit towards earth. Fires up to 5 bolts of ice at a time, each of which slows the unit it attacks.
Ancient of Wind - Leans towards air, and a bit towards water. Casts Wind Armor, which blocks attacks from attacking creeps.
Barracks - Leans towards water, and a bit towards earth. Allows you to train footmen, and later riflemen and knights, which hinder and damage foes.
Volcano - Leans towards fire and a lot towards earth. Spits out lava in all directions, doing damage to up to all nearby units, including towers.
Medusa Tower - Leans towards water and air. Hit enemies turn to stone, making them invulnerable and immoblie for a time. Great for blocking the movement of other runners.
Tar Pit - Leans towards earth, and a lot towards water. Slightly slows all enemies in your maze.
Plague Temple - Leans towards air and a bit towards fire. Randomly plagues a nearby unit, sometimes a tower. If the plagued unit dies during the duration (not towers), it explodes and any other nearby units take damage and also get the plague.

Essence Towers
Air Tower - Can strike for a large amount of damage, but only hits each target once.
Fire Tower - Does a large amount of initial damage and damage over time to units in an area, but also makes those units run faster as a result.
Earth Tower - Has a damaging aura that damages nearby creeps and slightly slows them.
Water Tower - Does very little damage itself, but slows enemies in an area by a large amount, and reduces armor, allowing other towers to kill them easily.

This makes 31/49 towers completed, and I mostly need fire towers (ones that hinder other towers in some way, but are more powerful)

Again, if you have any other ideas for towers, feel free to recommend, and I'll try to find a place for it.

hellmonja27

Reaction score
Force of the Elements TD? too long. Wrath TD? nothing to do with elements. WEFA TD (Water, Earth, Fire, Air). wefa... sounds like dota-- ok i'll shut up now...

D

DarkTalon

Hey new to the thread

Yo im new here, i like your game idea, but is there a beta test yet? If so i will do it for you.

AgentPaper

From the depths, I come.
Reaction score
@DarkTalon

No, no beta yet, still have to get most, if not all of the towers working, and moderately balanced. Same with the creeps.

Pineapple

Just Smile.
Reaction score
Halo_king116 said:
Naga Tower (Name unsure, just idea for sure): Leans towards water. The naga takes their power from the location, so when the magic of the ocean is the strongest (Day for random example) they are more powerful. Though at night, when the sea is dead, the magics are not as powerful.

Hum... it would be stronger at night because of high tide, the gravity of the moon raises the water so it would be stronger. Besides, water evaporates faster durring day... :rolleyes:

Here a a few ideas.

A tower that increases it capabilitys when close to towers of the same element but weakens when close to a tower of a opposing element.

A tower with auto cast attacks so you can chose what element to use at that moment.

A tower that hits a unit with a spell that deals no damage to that unit but starts doing damage to units around it over time.

A tower that sacrifices part of its health to deal damage. You chose how much to sacrifice (1, 10, 20, 50, 100) each attack. The more HP sacrificed the more damage done.

A tower that can heal the above tower.

A set of towers, one for each element. than when built beside each other (right beside) can join attacks to deal damage. EX. if one element is fast, while another splashes, they joing to attack fast with splash for so many seconds.

AgentPaper

From the depths, I come.
Reaction score
Blood Tower - Leans towards air (and maybe another). Each time it attacks, it looses some of it's health. (can destroy itself)

Chain Tower - Leans towards water, and a bit towards air. When placed near towers of the same type, increases damage of both.

I think the moon well would be able to heal health as well as mana, just like the one ingame.

AgentPaper

From the depths, I come.
Reaction score
there are going to be exactly 50 towers. I have 33 total in at least the idea stage, and only about 10 are finished. (though not remotely balanced)

G

Gravedigger

This is getting weird...everybody keeps having the same ideas as me. :banghead: I'm making a TD too and many of the towers listed in this thread are already in my TD, just with different names. How did you guys come up with the same ideas? :confused:

AgentPaper

From the depths, I come.
Reaction score
Gravedigger said:
This is getting weird...everybody keeps having the same ideas as me. :banghead: I'm making a TD too and many of the towers listed in this thread are already in my TD, just with different names. How did you guys come up with the same ideas? :confused:
Uh, great minds think alike? I know I haven't seen your TD, so I'm not stealing them, that's for sure. (or even getting inspiration from them)

@Nikanorou
I will probably have at least one "hero" tower, which levels as you use it, but none of the normal type you see in some TDs.

More Ideas:

Hero Tower: Leans towards air (and maybe another). Levels up as it kills, and can learn different abilities. (all abilities are automatic, or passive)

Roaming Tower: (element undecided). Can move around in it's area to attack.

AgentPaper

From the depths, I come.
Reaction score
So far I was planning to have a simple maze for each player, and having the game be solo only. However, I've come up with a new layout that would allow for solo, team, or 2-team gameplay. I can't terrain it or make a good pic since I don't have my comp, so here's some crappy ASCII drawings:

| / = Path
o = Creep Spawn
x = End
... = Nothing (spacer)

Single Team Mode:
o.....o.......o....o
|.....|........|....|
|.....|........|....|
|___|_____|___|
|.....|...|...|.....|
|.....|...|...|.....|
o.....o...x...o....o

Easiest to understand, creeps start at each of the 8 "branches", and then run to the middle lane, towards the center, and then down the vertical middle land to the end. One player on each of the "branches", and two on the middle lane, one each side. Most likely those two players would combine their towers on the final stretch.

2 Team Mode:
o.....o.......o....o
|.....|........|....|
|.....|........|....|
|___|_x_x_|___|
|.....|...|...|.....|
|.....|...|...|.....|
o.....o...|...o....o

Very similar to the single team mode. The creeps run the same path, except they die at the middle T-section, and each side competes for the most kills.

Solo Mode:
..o.....o.......o....o
..|.....|........|....|
..x.....x........x....x
o|___|_x_x_|___|o
..x.....x...|...x.....x
..|.....|...|...|.....|
..o.....o...|...o....o

If you can tell from the pic, each player has their own, single lane. creeps start at all the branches, and also on either side of the main lane. the creeps on the branches also end right before going to the main lane. I would take advantage of the 2 creep teams to make sure no kill-stealing goes on.

I would probably add other modes as well, all selected by the host or voted on, such as Reverse Mode (creeps go backwards), as well as difficulties.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • WildTurkey WildTurkey:
    is there a stephen green in the house?
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up WildTurkey?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Looks like Google fixed whatever mistake that made the recipes on the site go crazy and we are no longer trending towards a recipe site lol - I don't care though because it motivated me to spend alot of time on the site improving it and at least now the content people are looking at is not stupid and embarrassing like it was when I first got back into this like 5 years ago.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Plus - I have a pretty bad ass recipe collection now! That section of the site is 10 thousand times better than it was before
  • The Helper The Helper:
    We now have a web designer at my job. A legit talented professional! I am going to get him to redesign the site theme. It is time.
  • Varine Varine:
    I got one more day of community service and then I'm free from this nonsense! I polished a cop car today for a funeral or something I guess
  • Varine Varine:
    They also were digging threw old shit at the sheriff's office and I tried to get them to give me the old electronic stuff, but they said no. They can't give it to people because they might use it to impersonate a cop or break into their network or some shit? idk but it was a shame to see them take a whole bunch of radios and shit to get shredded and landfilled
  • The Helper The Helper:
    whatever at least you are free
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How are you all? :D
    +1
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Howdy
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.