Attributes Question

Malkoth

Reaction score
Hey guys :)

Just wanted to ask if there is a way to modify hero attributes in the way, for example, that strength gives health, armor and mana, agility gives damage only, and intelligence for example that gives hp/mana regeneration? Is it possible?

Malkoth

Reaction score
Hmm no, there you can not modify strength to give armor and mana. You can only change health per point, health regen and damage.

Malkoth

Reaction score
Meh...would be almost impossible...I would need spell that gives armor, health regen, mana regen attached to heroes, and set their lvl to certain hero attribute, which would make tons of levels of abbility... |:(

tommerbob

Minecraft. :D
Reaction score
Yes. Unfortunately, I think it was huge mistake on blizzard's not make those attributes possible to edit.

Malkoth

Reaction score
Okay thanks anyway.
I have another question: Is it possible to get exact amount of selected attribute to be written as damage some spell does? For example, throws a ball of fire dealing 300 (+half of the inteligence in numbers) damage?

tommerbob

Reaction score
Yep. Just trigger it.

Trigger:
  • Events
    • Unit - Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • Ability being cast equal to (your ability)
    • Actions
      • Unit - cause (triggering unit) to deal (intelligence/2 of (triggering unit)) of type Magic and Attack Type Normal

or something like that.

Malkoth

Reaction score
No you dont understand, i want it to be written in spell description: So, for example, if my inteligence is 100, i want that in spell description says: Dealing 300 (+50) damage, but if my intelligence increases to 120, spell descrpition will be Dealing 300 (+60 damage). Is there any way to do that?

tommerbob

Reaction score
You can write that in the spell description, but you have to trigger the actual damage. There is no way to do that in the Object Editor.

It's a very very simple trigger.

Malkoth

Reaction score
Yeah i know how to do the trigger, but you are missunderstanding me. What do i have to put in "( )" so it does not read "half of the intelligence", but to be an actuall number in spell description? If you know how to do it... Trigger and damage are not problem, but i want the real bonus damage the spell will deal equal to half of intelligence to be writen in "( )" which is in spell description, is that possible?

Bogrim

y hello thar
Reaction score
You can't make tooltips read trigger data. You will have to write "half of the intelligence" in the tooltip. Alternatively, you can display the damage caused with floating text as Shadow Strike does.

sarkurayboy

Reaction score
Yeah i know how to do the trigger, but you are missunderstanding me. What do i have to put in "( )" so it does not read "half of the intelligence", but to be an actuall number in spell description? If you know how to do it... Trigger and damage are not problem, but i want the real bonus damage the spell will deal equal to half of intelligence to be writen in "( )" which is in spell description, is that possible?

It is impossible, even by triggering , it is not able to change the spell tooltip.

Olmeca

Reaction score
try with item abilities, HP/Mana bonus, item hero damage, item mana regeneration/ life regeneration, etc...

Never_Quit

Reaction score
There is a way.

Yes. Unfortunately, I think it was huge mistake on blizzard's not make those attributes possible to edit.

It's doable tho. You would have to set the default system bonus's to 0 and then you would keep track of them with your own variables. You would only be able to keep track of as many hero's as you have variable space to keep track of.

Your events would be
Unit Hero Levels
Unit Uses Item
etc

Then you would give a stacking ability X times for however many int, str, or agi the unit has. Prior to adding the abilities, you would remove all abilities of that type. You would use something like mana stone and health stone. Instead of percent regen per second tho, you make it an actual value in the object editor. Then for agil do the same thing with item gloves of haste and make it increase not on percentage but on an actual value base (you may have to shift click).

It would recalculate everything every time something stat-wise happens. Perhaps too cpu intense.

General chit-chat
Help Users

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.