Autocast Abilities GUI

Dmshu

Reaction score
I have found the auto cast tutorial for JASS, but I just started making a map, and am still using the gui to do it. Is it possible to make an auto casting chain lightning spell that will acquire targets on its own to cast it on? If so what would be a good spell to base it off of? Curse/Slow/Chain Lightning? And is there something else I need to do to it to get it working?

Sil3nt

SUP?
Reaction score
Well if its an autocast chain lightning then base it off an autocast spell. I would make a boolean variable and every time a player is ordered to autocaston then set it to true, vice versa. Another trigger would be to check if the auto cast is on and cast the lightning at a random unit within # range.

waaaks!

Zinctified
Reaction score
there are two kinds of auto cast abilities

first is the arrow auto cast, where when ur hero attacks, then the spell starts
seconds is the normal autocast, like slow, curse, heal and etc

if u want to use second
E: unit starts the effect of an ability
C: ability being cast equal to slow
A: unit create 1 dummy unit
order dummy unit to chain lightning target spell of ability being cast
add 2 second generic expiration timer to last created unit

if u want to use first..i have no idea on how to trigger it

Dmshu

Reaction score
A: unit create 1 dummy unit
order dummy unit to chain lightning target spell of ability being cast
add 2 second generic expiration timer to last created unit

That's more what I'm looking for, but is it possible to do that without spawning dummy units in the case of there being a lot of the casters. If not then its answered and thanks. :)

Sil3nt

SUP?
Reaction score
I guess you could always give the hero the ability and order him to cast it but make sure theres no mana cost or cooldown. I think adding it to a disabled spellbook will make the icon invisible

Dmshu

Reaction score
I guess you could always give the hero the ability and order him to cast it but make sure theres no mana cost or cooldown. I think adding it to a disabled spellbook will make the icon invisible

Honestly this is for a friend, I offered him the dummy solution earlier, and he implemented it thatway. He stated though that he'd like it to "actually" auto cast and he did mention something about possibly an invisible icon. Since this is for a unit, a sorceress to be exact, can they have spell books? In the case of that unit being spammed he believes that it would bog the game down to make dummy units to cast it. Your boolean idea I interpret wouldn't use dummies. I'm thinking three variables: temp point for the caster, a unit group, the boolean. Then having it add the enemies into the group every second of game play then picking a random one from that group to cast the chain lighting on. If it was this way it doesn't make dummies but it would probably bog the game down even more because of all the checking and removing it would do against a large group of casters/sorceresses. Then I don't think it's actually "auto-casting" in the sense of how Warcraft does it (or maybe they do it like that?)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.