autocast help

runegerig

Reaction score
ok. so i have a move that is supposed to be an orb effect based on searing arrows. it does massive damage, but each one shot deals damage to you. ive made a trigger that makes it so whenever you cast the move, it damages the caster. it works fine when i manually use the ability, but when i set it to autocast, it does not damage the caster. any ideas why? please help.

crazyfanatic

Reaction score
you need to make the trigger like Unit takes damage, Starts the effect of an ability doesnt work for orb effects. Just make the event and put a buff that will be checked, then when the target takes damnage, if it has the buff, damage the caster.,

avalya

Reaction score
Use a damage detection system that checks when the target takes damage and damage the caster for the amount you want.

INCINERATE

Reaction score
if i may ill like too add a question to this thread since its title is suiting..

how do i make a skill like Devour Autocast.. meaning i would make a summon that has the devour ability.. and it should devour Automatically any unit within range?

thanks in advance for any help :p

avalya

Reaction score
You want it to be on attack or just whenever something is in range?

If attack, use orb of lightning together with your devour ability.

If all the time, use a trigger that activates every 1 second, checking if any proper enemy unit is in let's say 200 AOE of the summon and order it to devour the picked unit (enemy target).

runegerig

Reaction score
ok its still not working...its difficult because there is no event "A unit aquires a buff." I switched the base ability to Black Arrows so the buff would appear, but i still cant figure it out.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.