• The Xenos

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • The Plegue

• The Tranqul

• Random

• I'll choose once the play each race first.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Drabstar

Reaction score
Avarice for War (Note:This is my first map I ever made.)
----------------------------------

About:The object of the game is simple. It works similar to regular game of Warcraft would play but a different way of playing. There will be 4 Races, The Corpals (Counted as Human), The Xenos (Counted as Orcs) The Plegue (Counted as Undead), The Tranqul (Counted as Night Elves) Each race will play completely different (excluding the basics of course) have strengths and weaknesses as usual which I will give a general listing after. The map will be custom made by me. There will LEADERS (Not heros) - Which will lead your battles. They gain experience SLOWLY as you fight your enemy. This game will go in depth with defense, map control, micro, macro, and all sorts (So this game will not be completely simple as you think I will put time into this untill its balanced and correct. Each race will have its own unique skills. I WILL need testing in its starting stages so if you would like to participate please do not hesitate in helping (Only need 3 because I count as 1) but there will be mutipul test from 2 vs 2 to 1 vs 1 etc.

The Races
------------
The Corpals (Humanoids)
Pros:
- More balanced of each race in which units and spells are evened.
- They enjoy the strongest defenses in the game.
- They are generaly good and both malee and range.
- They are a great verity of Artillery.
Cons:
- They lack a general idea of play, not strong on just one key thing.
- More Lumber consumed race.
- Artillery is very strong, but highly expensive

The Xenos (Orcs)
Pros:
- Strongest Malee in the game.
- Very effective range combat when used correctly.
- Excellent sorce of Artillery; alot of Mobile firepower and support.
- Alot of units, artillery, and skills focused on building destuction
Cons:
- Orks tend to be strong, but are highly fewer in numbers.
- Their buildings are made of wood and become destroyed fast
- They lack proper defense and/or breaks unexpectingly

The Plegue (Undead)
Pros:
- The Plegue tend to be Plentiful - Overwhelming Lair with tough Infantry.
- They draw their powers apon chaos. They don't sit, they torcher their enemy untill they die.
- They are very cheap, an attempt to overwhelm the enemy in tough battles.
- Their demonic skills give them a more horrified force to be reckoned with.
Cons:
- The Plegue can be plentiful, but they lack armor and support alittle resistance to damage.
- They don't use Artillery, only units of abnormal qualities.
- They only have one leader.

The Tranqul (Night Elves)
Pros:
- Most mobile race in the game.
- Strongest range in the game
- Have a mysterious cunning in battle - In other words, they can ambush you at any time when you least expect it.
- Buildings can become apart of their Infantry
Cons:
- Highly lack malee to protect their range army.
- They're fast and mobile, but weak and support little damage to hand-to-hand combat.
- They have a poor choice of Artillery, but make it up with their buildings.

Vote!
Which race apeals to you?
This will not effect the creation on how each race will play
But please, choose a race you think you might like!! NOT! "OOO It's the strongest, lets be lame and play them!" To be honest, Its not the race, its the player.

Thanks all! Please tell me what you think
If you have suggestions, Ideas, Anything I need to know, please tell me
Thanks!!

Tythoid

Reaction score
The plegue ofc

Sounds interesting ive got a couple questions:

Will there be more maps using the custom units spells ect?

is it a no trills melee map or are there timers and special effects ect?

should this be in members projects?

how far are you into making it?

Drabstar

Reaction score
Will there be more maps using the custom units spells ect?
I'm sticking to one map only to see how the game goes with other people.
It's so I can balance things out when I need to without having to do it to multipul maps. And yes, each map will have the same spells, custom or not.

is it a no trills melee map or are there timers and special effects ect?
Not that I am currently planning to do. They're will be no "creeps" or items, just 1 on 1 or 2 on 2 battle stright foward to your enemy in a intense battle.

should this be in members projects?
I don't have members why would I have to :p?

how far are you into making it?
Just started recently.

Tythoid

Reaction score
thanks for answering my questions i made maps like this with varied success since youve only started I can advise:

use a small map eg 32x32 for testing the units as it loads faster and once youve made a few units theres lag when you create a custom unit and change details eg name based on size of the map then move units over.

create formulas for balance eg 10g = 2dps so a 100g unit would do 20dps the same with attack speed ect

dont be too harsh on ranged units survivablitly eg hp and armour unless thier range is huge or dps

Drabstar

Reaction score
use a small map eg 32x32 for testing the units as it loads faster and once youve made a few units theres lag when you create a custom unit and change details eg name based on size of the map then move units over
Thanks for the heads up:thup:

Out of curiousity, Which race are you interested in? :)

Tythoid

Reaction score
plegue because I love massing or the idea of the zombie horde and if i have more then one hero during a battle i know i will be short one hero at the end plus lich and other undead heroes look brilliant

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
lol, this should go into the Members' Projects section. :)

So... this is like an altered-melee map?

Well, the names of the races are certainly... obvious to what they are. :D Don't know if you're spelling it like that on purpose, though. (Plegue = Plague?; Tranqul = Tranquil?)

Ok, I personally don't mind what race to do. In melee, I use all different types; but my favorite that would reflect my style is The Tranqual as first.

Tythoid

Reaction score
I thought that the plegue could be a miss spelling but plegue would be more original

Ghostwind

o________o
Reaction score
I'd play the Corpals. TBH, I prefer sitting and building huge defenses and becoming almost invulnerable over rushing out and attacking early. That way I can build a huge fortification, some artillery guards, and then train my army without fear of losing it all to an attack.

Tythoid

Reaction score
I'd play the Corpals. TBH, I prefer sitting and building huge defenses and becoming almost invulnerable over rushing out and attacking early. That way I can build a huge fortification, some artillery guards, and then train my army without fear of losing it all to an attack.

Is giving one team the best artillery and defence a bit unbalanced as artillery/seige is kind of the antidote for a stong defence? On the other hand i wouldnt mind playing plegue with some awesome seige zombies destroying my opponents precious towers :)

Drabstar

Reaction score
Xenos will have the best artillery next to Carpols
And trust me, Carpols defenses wouldn't be unbalanced, and you have to understand, This is going be like actual war so you'll need artillery along with units.

Carpols basic units
Man at Arms (Basic Malee unit)
Guardsmen (Basic Range unit)
Squad Commander (Leader)

Basic Artillery unit
Motar Team
Battering Ram

Xenos basic units
Chopper Boy (Heavy Malee Unit)
Lead Boy (Light Range Unit)
Omega Nob (Leader)

Basic Artillery unit
Crude War-truck
Suicide Goblins

The Plegue (Yes I ment to spell it that way) basic unit
Creep Cultest
Horrifying Blood Leeches
The Grim Reaper (Leader)

Basic Artillery unit
NO MACHINE ARTILLERY JUST UNITS
Flying Corpses
The Cockarouch

The Tranqul (Ment to me spelled this way still pronounced the same) basic units
Tree Mongers
Moon Tigers
Mother Nature (Leader)

basic Artillery units
Tree of Burden

Tythoid

Reaction score
Right thats fine. Basic units look good. For the pledge since their all about mass how about units Eg plague carriers that can "sell" units something basic like mindless zombies to replenish units during fights as alot of cheap massers would be hard to replace by sending units all the way from base.
Maybe add to the plegue a seige unit with a abomination model with high hp and a seige attack as it fits in well with the idea of a shambling horde

Ghostwind

o________o
Reaction score
Xenos will have the best artillery next to Carpols
And trust me, Carpols defenses wouldn't be unbalanced, and you have to understand, This is going be like actual war so you'll need artillery along with units.

Carpols basic units
Man at Arms (Basic Malee unit)
Guardsmen (Basic Range unit)
Squad Commander (Leader)

Basic Artillery unit
Motar Team
Battering Ram

Xenos basic units
Chopper Boy (Heavy Malee Unit)
Lead Boy (Light Range Unit)
Omega Nob (Leader)

Basic Artillery unit
Crude War-truck
Suicide Goblins

The Plegue (Yes I ment to spell it that way) basic unit
Creep Cultest
Horrifying Blood Leeches
The Grim Reaper (Leader)

Basic Artillery unit
NO MACHINE ARTILLERY JUST UNITS
Flying Corpses
The Cockarouch

The Tranqul (Ment to me spelled this way still pronounced the same) basic units
Tree Mongers
Moon Tigers
Mother Nature (Leader)

basic Artillery units
Tree of Burden

I know that, but I think that the Carpol or whatever should have the potential to have amazing defenses, through upgrades. So you have to pay for them, but you can go much further with things like walls and towers and such. I think one of the Tranqul's artillery units should be Tree Spirits, which hide in trees and throw rocks at enemies that come near.

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
Please only use this thread for your map. I have moved it to the Members Projects forum.

Drabstar

Reaction score
think one of the Tranqul's artillery units should be Tree Spirits, which hide in trees and throw rocks at enemies that come near.
:eek:! Thats a clever Idea! (Writes it down!) Ahaha :)
Thanks for that Idea

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How are you all? :D
    +1
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Howdy
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.