B.net Hosting Limit

FireEffect

Gasp!
Reaction score
Before you guys go all posting "4 MB!!!!" I know thats the download limit of the maps. But can you host maps over 4 mb if the person already has the map? It is like that on some games like Counter Strike, if the map is over 16 mb they cannot download it, but if they already have it they can play it.

Siretu

Starcraft 2 Editor Moderator
Reaction score
Before you ask, Im both tired and stupid, so dont blame me for understanding this wrong.;) Anyways, how could you get the map in the first place if its over 4mb? Download it at a website?

FireEffect

Gasp!
Reaction score
Ok, thanks AceHeart. I guess i cant make my RPG multiplayer. Do you know if LAN is any different?

X-maul

AKA: Demtrod
Reaction score
i surpose that you'we importet alot of models and other features - delete some of those so that the map comes under 4mb... :rolleyes:

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
Or use Vexorians Optimizer. Unfortunately Vex does not seem to believe in making links to his tools readily available on the Search Engines so I don't have a link.

Xapphire

Liberty, Simply said; a lie.
Reaction score
Actually, there is no limit on how to start a map, with what the mb size is, it can be 300 mb, and you can play the map, I am pretty sure any mb range is allowed by LAN, but not too sure about Bnet, 4mb is the absolute limit on bnet, i think.

FireEffect

Gasp!
Reaction score
It was originally going to be SP i was going to see if multiplayer is possible, since it isnt without changing the map ill stick to SP. Thanks anyway.

FhelZone

Have a drink of a nice cold mellowberry juice!
Reaction score
Im pretty sure LAN does not, I did not have Bnet in the past.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.