Ban list

D

Dr4gonL0rd

Sorry if I am posting this in the wrong forum, but I wasnt sure where it would belong. I seen other people on Battle.net having programs called Ban Lists that (to the best of my knowledge) record a players name an maybe also their IP address and then bans them, by automatically booting them when they join your game or not letting them join at all. I was wondering where I could get such a program, since my friends on Battle.net (or anyone else for that matter) wont tell me where "its a secret" they say. So fustrating. :banghead: Again, sorry for the possible mis-post ;)

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
Banlists are so F'ed up. I hate the, it makes all the hosts cocky. Im on the banlist because I wouldent pool all my gold to the host, so he banned me :(

I belive they should be against the rules, as if your on a banlist, it always kicks you when you join a game if they have one.

And it bans you from your Name, not your IP. :)

A

AK-47Pirates

Banlist=Joke

Banlists are such a joke. I should be on like 500 banlists, yet I NEVER have problems joining a DotA(btw, Pudge, Sniper and Techies are all fun -sh modes) There are so many DotA games, no one should ever have problems, but the most frustrating part is all of the SG, Aus/NZ/ MY/ all the other fags are on US. West. Anyone know why Aussies think that theyr on US West?

uberfoop

~=Admiral Stukov=~
Reaction score
I dont worry about banlist cuz i dont play dota and only dota-playing nubcaeks actualy use the program.

K

Keggy

My first post.... And a good reply... Well, those hosts are sons, of a bitch! I heard about em.. You don't know but i had to change my profile on TFT 3 times >,< its annoying! :banghead: I think banlists should have never been invented!

lllidan

Reaction score
The only person(s) that should be able to ban people from a map is the maker(s). Not just some power-hungry computer nerd that gets kicks out of being in control.

C

Chevron8

Think of it like this

well at least you dont have to deal with those hosts any more

D

Dr4gonL0rd

Im not like one of those nasty people waving their ban list around like its an M16. I would only ban people who are complete ***holes. I wouldnt ban people for being a noob, I mean, everyone is a noob at some point right?

WastedSavior

A day without sunshine is like, well, night.
Reaction score
Keggy said:
My first post.... And a good reply... Well, those hosts are sons, of a bitch! I heard about em.. You don't know but i had to change my profile on TFT 3 times >,< its annoying! :banghead: I think banlists should have never been invented!
you confuse me, i rip on banlist and you give me negative rip.. but you hate banlist.. rofl :nuts:

nomadian

Reaction score
www.banlist.nl for the banlist.
Banlist isn't bad, just the shared lists which is stupid. Person_1 I'm going to ban you as you are noob, put on banlist. Person_2 dls some people's lists including person_1's and hey presto we have a flawed system. By the way, those who think they have been unfairly banned can appeal on their forums and you can get your name removed.

WastedSavior

A day without sunshine is like, well, night.
Reaction score
nomadian said:
www.banlist.nl for the banlist.
Banlist isn't bad, just the shared lists which is stupid. Person_1 I'm going to ban you as you are noob, put on banlist. Person_2 dls some people's lists including person_1's and hey presto we have a flawed system. By the way, those who think they have been unfairly banned can appeal on their forums and you can get your name removed.
you shouldn't have to beg =/

hobo218

Meh
Reaction score
I've done that. They said they would reply back within 48 hours. No reply. Still. And that was about a year ago. They don't really care at all. Haha.

King TonGoll

ORLY?*DDR*
Reaction score
WOW is on there mind!WOW!WOW!WOW!

i hate banlists. but name spoofers can help. cant they? not that i use/ would suggest using them. for doing soo would be invoulving the helper in illegal activaty. (can u gues why i said that?)

omg i mistaked dragon lord for sd ryoko again.....

uberfoop

~=Admiral Stukov=~
Reaction score
name spoofers probbaly wouldnt help. Banlists, i beleive, record your IP adress. Meaning a proxie WOULD help i guess.

Jo.O

Bored...
Reaction score
Banlist.nl 's banlist doesn't ban IP adress. My friend was banned and just made a new account.

I don't have anything against banlist, if you happen to get banned by one host, how big is the chance you will play with him again?
And if you happen to get on the 'Approved Banlist' you can simply make a new account, or stop playing DotA...

T

TotalGhost

Lol this post is going to be locked if you all keep talking too much :mad: lol... like -fool-s post

E

Eilhal

A banlist is a pretty bad idea... but I agree that they should be able to be added to ONLY by the maker of a map... (I am just assumeing people who make maps have enough sense to not ban someone from their map if they are a noob because if they did that nobody would ever play it :p but if someone is really being a jerk like soming in to a game and cussing out people because they aren't playing the game how they want them to then you should be able to ban that person from using your map because that person is representing the people that play the map... or maybe make it a vote somehow that you have to get at least half of the people playing the game with you to vote to ban that person and then they get banned.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.