Banshee Hero - Need Ideas!

spectre37

Reaction score
I need 2 more abilities (1 Ultimate ) for banshee hero on AoS map. She is support caster, already has heal ability so i don't want to have more.

model : Banshee
Primary Attribute : Int

Ritual of Soul - Channel a ritual that creates a Soulwell, healing all ally heroes within 600 AoE over 5 seconds.

Curse of Exhaustion - Causing enemy target have a chance to miss on its attack for 20 seconds.

Curse of Tongues - If target cast spells while under effect of curse, it will be silenced and inflicted mana burn.
(I don't like this one - If you have any idea for disable spell caster please suggest it)

Only one Curse can be active on one target.

lindenkron

You can change this now in User CP
Reaction score
Hmm, sounds like World of Warcraft spells. Atleast them Curses.

What about,
Sonic Burst
Fires a sonic wave in a targeted area dealing a small amount of damage and silencing enemies.
Level 1 - Does 50 damage to every target hit and silences them for 3 seconds.
Level 2 - Does 100 damage to every target hit and silences them for 5 seconds.
Level 3 - Does 150 damage to every target hit and silences them for 7 seconds.

Hope it's usefull :)
-Lindenkron

Faust

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Curse of Tongues actually is pretty nice, although a lame name :)
Curse of Exhaustion is boring.

What I always wanted to see is something similar to the one seen in dota, Krobelus' ultimate. If you use the banshee model, it should summon the ghost model units (you know, same just white), maybe with a little transparency, and they would have their missile art set to Possess (missile)
And spice it up with some special effect. ^^

Sajberhippie

Reaction score
Wail of the Banshee - Ultimate
All units (friends and enemies) within 1200 suffer effects according to their current hit points:
800 Hit Points: Stun for 5 seconds, slow for 15 seconds (half for heroes)
500 Hit Points: Stun for 5 seconds, slow for 15 seconds, Unconsciousness (Sleep) for 60 seconds (half for heroes)
300 Hit Points: Death. Even for heroes.

All effects are active at the same time, so when the stun is over the unit has at least 10 seconds of slow left. Units can be awoken from unconsciousness but will still be subject to stun and slow.

Killing both teams might seem kind of stupid, but remember: You choose when best to use it, and you can heal your units beforehand.

Dinowc

don't expect anything, prepare for everything
Reaction score
Ritual of the damned
Summons a circle around banshee. Every unit (except banshee) in the circle is silenced and banshee's spells have a greater effect in it and take no mana. But the circle also increases base damage of every unit by 50%.

Mana curse (I'm not very creative with names :))
Curses a target enemy unit for 20 seconds. Every time banshee casts a spell it will only take 50% mana of it, the other 50% will be drained from the target. Also, when the target casts a spell it will drain 50% more mana, while it will add those 50% to the banshee.

Energy void
A curse that will silence the enemy when banshee's mana gets to 0 (or drops bellow some amount). It will also damage the target by the same amount of mana lost in the past 20 seconds.

PrisonLove

Hard Realist
Reaction score
Instead of Curse of Exhaustion, you can take it a step further and make it like "Curse of Irony" (change the name as you like) where it greatly increases a unit's attack damage, but gives it a very high chance to miss on attacks.

sidove

Reaction score
Words of Silence [passive]
When ever a enemy unit casts a spell it get's damaged 1/2/3 x the level of your intellect.

Man-o-Bomb

Reaction score
Freezing Scream:
Channeling
By sending out a scream that goes through the enemys body right to their bones, the banshee can simply freeze them if screaming long enough.

Screams for up to x seconds. Slowing all nearby enemys more and more untill all enemys are stunned. The scream can keep continueing but when broken, the enemys regain their speed.

Vylatin

Reaction score
Soul Mark
The Banshee releases a spirit which will curse a target enemy unit. Once the spirit has landed, it will duplicate and fly to nearby enemy units, and curse them aswell. Curse decreases armor and deals damage per second.

Sixth House

Reaction score
Savanah Eversoul, The Banshee of Soulwel

Her name is echoed across the minds that burried her centuries ago. She was a normal young lady, or so many thought. Her desire for witchcraft and abomonations where wicked and unexplainatory. She even burried herself in a blood of 1,000 living corpses. Although she was cryptic, she was a nice and youthful young lady. Not many people thought so, however. Many of the villagers out side of Soulwel had immediately convienced their own selfs that she was a witch and should be burned alive then burried. On that dreadful night, she was assassinated and was brought to Schkelnathal, a neighbouring village of Soulwel. It was there that she met her doom. After her death she cursed the village of Schkelnathal. Every night on that specific date, approximately 1,000 bodies are lied scattard across the plains of Schkelnathal.

THIS SKILL IS NOT A HERO CHOICE SPELL!
Awakening Eclipse
The Banshee of Soulwel awakens from her slumber and haunts as many creatures that she can. Each enemey she slains increases her ability to remain on the field of battle and cast spells.

• The Banshee Must kill creatures in order to cast spells. This skill is a MUST.
  • The Banshee of Soulwel has 20 seconds to kill her creature and obtain its Soul
  • For every creature slained after that increases The Banshee of Soulwel's ability to remain on the field of battle
  • If she does not claim her first soul within the 20 second period, the cooldown of Awakening Eclipse increase significantly, cannot attack and remains invisible from enemies. She cannot cast spells either.
  • At level ** her ability to obtain souls is doubled and no longer needs souls to remain on the field of battle.

Curse of Disembowelment (DOES NOT WORK UNLESS YOU CURRENTLY HAVE AWAKENING ECLIPSE ACTIVATED!)
The Banshee of Soulwel cast a devestating spell that hinders the unit for casting spells. Each amount of Soul slain from The Banshee of Soulwel refers to the amount of time silenced

Level 1 - For every 15 Souls, Silences for 2 Seconds.
Level 2 - For every 10 Souls, Silences for 3 Seconds.
Level 3 - For every 5 Souls, silences for 4 seconds.

Curse of Blood Bath (DOES NOT WORK UNLESS YOU CURRENTLY HAVE AWAKENING ECLIPSE ACTIVATED!)
The Banshee of Soulwel can increase allies or even damage health and mana of enemies base on how many souls she has collected.

Level 1 - 10 Souls, Increases/Decreases health and mana by 125. 100/75 for enemies
Level 2 - 8 Souls, Increases/Decreases health and mana by 250. 200/150 for enemies
Level 3 - 6 Souls, Increases/Decreases health and mana by 375. 300/225 for enemies

Tormented Souls (DOES NOT WORK UNLESS YOU CURRENTLY HAVE AWAKENING ECLIPSE ACTIVATED!)
The Banshee of Soulwel can Torment a players soul constantly butchering health base on how many souls The Banshee of Soulwel has accuired.

Level 1 - 10 Souls a second, 20 Health a second.
Level 2 - 8 Souls a second, 40 Health a second.
Level 3 - 6 Souls a second, 80 Health a second.

Blood of 1,000 Bodies (ULTIMATE) (DOES NOT WORK UNLESS YOU CURRENTLY HAVE AWAKENING ECLIPSE ACTIVATED!)
The Banshee of Soulwel unleashes a terrifying scream calling forth her minions of her lair, Soulwel. The minons coat her with blood allowing her amass a significant amout of souls at once while casting all spells simultaneously every few seconds untill there is no more souls left.

Level 1 - 500 Souls, last 15 seconds. Cast all spells once every 5 seconds.
Level 2 - 750 Souls, last 25 seconds. Cast all spells once every 5 seconds.
Level 3 - 1,000 Souls, last 35 seconds. Cast all spells once every 5 seconds.

• Tormented Souls skill does Not stack
  • All other skills do stack
  • The Banshee of Soulwel will no longer need to feed on souls while skill is active
  • Mana is not require for skills used in this effect
  • This is a channeling spell
  • Once all the souls are gone, The Banshee of Soulwel will not be able to cast any additional spells for a short period of time
  • If The Banshee of Soulwel moves from the channeling effect, she will not gain the souls from Blood of 1,000 Bodies, instead will lose all souls anyways.

Again, I hope this hero helps people across Thehelper.net world and not only spectre37. Please use this hero as Reference as well as my other hero. My other hero is located Here If you need more information regarding this particular hero and/or the other one, please do not hesitate to message me.

Tarlins.Eye

Reaction score
What about
"Scream of the Banshee"
Silences and freezes surrounding Enemies and bans every Spell.

Lame name, i know. And sorry, my english is very bad ><

Naga'sShadow

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Here's two possibilities.

Soul dispersion.
The banshee splits into many smaller versions of herself and moves to a location damaging all who interfere.

This would be a combination blink and Locust swarm. As in the Dota locust swarm effect that would follow a dummy unit to the targeted point attacking as they go. When they get there they would be recalled and the hero would reappear.

Possession
The banshee sacrifices her mortal shell to take control of an enemy unit. She may at any time exit these possessed units.

This can make a good ult, just remove the banshee and grant the caster control over the target. Giving the target a subskill that when used will destroy the target and respawn the banshee. This wouldn't be to useful an ult in an aos type map, but a channeled charm that could target heroes would be. Just remember to make items undroppable while the spell is being cast.

Thanatos_820

Death is Not the End
Reaction score
Cry of Vengeance
Summons an incarnation of the Banshee, splitting damage taken with eachother and sharing the same health pool. The incarnation's stats are equal to a percent of the Banshee's and attacks cause area damage.

Howling Blast
Engulfs a target with tormented shadows, causing that target to emit pulses of frost every second for a short duration. Each pulse causes damage and slows the movement speed and attack all affected targets. Each pulse has a chance to freeze the target for a short duration.

Sacriligious Ground
Causes the targeted ground to erupt with painful shadow, causing damage and silencing all enemy units within the zone. While in the zone, the Banshee and her allies take significantly less damage from all magic and spells. Lasts for 12 seconds.

Desecration
Invokes a wave of desecrated power, causing damage and gives a chance to convert units for a short duration. Converted units have reduced statistics than their normal selves.

spectre37

Reaction score
Hmm, sounds like World of Warcraft spells. Atleast them Curses.

What about,
Sonic Burst
Fires a sonic wave in a targeted area dealing a small amount of damage and silencing enemies.
Level 1 - Does 50 damage to every target hit and silences them for 3 seconds.
Level 2 - Does 100 damage to every target hit and silences them for 5 seconds.
Level 3 - Does 150 damage to every target hit and silences them for 7 seconds.

Hope it's usefull :)
-Lindenkron

Seem to be useful for me :). thx +rep and yah I got spell name from WoW.

Curse of Tongues actually is pretty nice, although a lame name :)
Curse of Exhaustion is boring.

What I always wanted to see is something similar to the one seen in dota, Krobelus' ultimate. If you use the banshee model, it should summon the ghost model units (you know, same just white), maybe with a little transparency, and they would have their missile art set to Possess (missile)
And spice it up with some special effect. ^^

How about use locust swarm to unleashes ghosts, causing some effect when they landed on enemy units. <--- gonna use for ultimate but, any idea for effect (Ultimate has 3 level)

Faust

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Well, maybe instantly kill or possess enemy units by chance when they are hit, heroes are silenced/slowed/stunned/drained some of their hp or mana/lowered their armor/drained a little from their xp (I like this one ^^)/temporary stats reduction/etc

EDIT: Oh and, if you triggered the spell, the ghost units could summon other ghosts when they kill an enemy unit, which then will be added to the others.
There is already an empty but triggered locust swarm here somewhere I believe :)

Abion47

Reaction score
How about this?

Mausoleum of Despair

Spawns a small mausoleum at a target location, which periodically produces lesser banshees. These banshees will automatically temporarily possess any enemy unit within range. Duration of mausoleum and possession time increase with level.

Level 1: Mausoleum lasts for 30 sec, Possession lasts for 10 sec
Level 2: Mausoleum lasts for 60 sec, Possession lasts for 15 sec
Level 3: Mausoleum lasts for 90 sec, possession lasts for 20 sec

Damned Ritual

Whenever the hero deals damage to a unit, part of its flesh is assimilated into the hero's body. Once sufficient flesh is consumed, a skeleton warrior will burst forth from the banshee. Attack and hit points of the skeleton warrior increases with level.

Level 1: 350 HP, 16-21 attack
Level 2: 450 HP, 29-35 attack
Level 3: 650 HP, 47-52 attack

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Heard Houston got hit pretty bad by storms last night. Hope all is well with TH.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Power back on finally - all is good here no damage
    +2
  • V-SNES V-SNES:
    Happy Friday!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New recipe is another summer dessert Berry and Peach Cheesecake - https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-berry-and-peach-cheesecake.194169/

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.