Barrage Bonus Damage not applying

Saldu

Reaction score
Hi,
I've got a spell which spawns a dummy unit which does 24-24 damage with its normal attack, is ranged, has a missile attack, etc, and receives the barrage ability with a trigger.
the multi target attacking part of the barrage works perfectly fine, however, the bonus damage which it is supposed to deal via the "damage per target" in the barrage ability does not get applied.
for testing purposes, I set tooltips for barrage ability lvl 1/2/3 to "1", "2" and "3" and the bonus damage it is supposed to deal to 1/25/99999
Level 1 is not even dealing 25 damage to targets with 0 armor, lvl 2 neither 49 and lvl 3 does not oneshot things.
the spell however does get correctly upgraded, since the tooltip changes from 1 to 2 to 3 and the number of attacked targets increases.
But the damage stays at the 24 dmg of the units base attack.

this is the trigger to spawn the unit and level the ability, but I don't think I could have messed something up with that:

JASS:
scope BoulderofDoerk initializer init

private function conditions takes nothing returns boolean
        return GetSpellAbilityId() == 'A00F'
    endfunction

private function actions takes nothing returns nothing
local unit dummy
local location spawnloc=GetSpellTargetLoc()
set dummy=CreateUnitAtLoc(GetOwningPlayer(GetTriggerUnit()), 'e005', spawnloc, 270)
call SetUnitAbilityLevel(dummy, 'A00E', GetUnitAbilityLevel(GetTriggerUnit(), 'A00F'))
    call UnitApplyTimedLife(dummy, 0, (GetUnitAbilityLevel(GetTriggerUnit(), 'A00F')*2+6))
    set dummy=null
    set spawnloc=null
 endfunction

//===========================================================================
private function init takes nothing returns nothing
        local trigger t = CreateTrigger()
        call TriggerRegisterAnyUnitEventBJ(t, EVENT_PLAYER_UNIT_SPELL_EFFECT)
        call TriggerAddCondition(t, Condition(function conditions))
        call TriggerAddAction(t, function actions)
    endfunction
endscope

LurkerAspect

Now officially a Super Lurker
Reaction score
Hi,
I set tooltips for barrage ability lvl 1/2/3 to "1", "2" and "3" and the bonus damage it is supposed to deal to 1/25/99999

Set the 'bonus damage' of the ability to reflect the amount of damage you want done to each target.

Bonus damage refers to how much "bonus" damage it deals to each target. Seeming as there is no normal damage done to nearby targets, that damage is then considered 'bonus'.

So set level 1 = 25, level 2 = 50 etc

Saldu

Reaction score
I did another test and I am even more confused now.
I took the normal Steam Engine from wc3, with the normal barrage spell which has 25 bonus damage, and shot on 0 armor normal armor targets.
The steam engine has a base damage of 13-14, and the barrage does exactly this damage, even though the barrage ability has a base damage of 25 set.
And the standard tooltip of the normal barrage even states the attack damage of the steam engine (13-14) and doesn't even think about including any bonus damage which it has set in the editor...
So, how to get that bonus damage field to work? Don't want to make 10 different dummies for 10 different spell levels, which, on top of that, would get affected by auras, which I don't want.

Saldu

Reaction score
So far I've only seen maps with barrage in it where the ability was only used to provide the multi target firing. Every map had set the bonus damage to 0. That gives me the question if it is not possible to add bonus damage via the ability itself, or, if I didn't look at the right maps.

Gtam

Lerning how to write and read!! Yeah.
Reaction score
Try using it with orb of lightning

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.