Battle Ship Xtrm

SerraAvenger

Cuz I can
Reaction score
hmm. We should start thinking about the weapons and items.
First of all we should think abbout the question wether fights between players should take long or short?
And what do you think about basic/ once doubled weapons not being able to attack players?
So ou cannot kill enemy players for the first 10-15 minutes, not how it is by now that you can easily kill enemy ships within seconds just by luck.

Sooda

Diversity enchants
Reaction score
>So ou cannot kill enemy players for the first 10-15 minutes, not how it is by now that you can easily kill enemy ships within seconds just by luck
It' s AoS, learn from DotA how fights are being held. 10 ~ 15 min can' t kill players isn' t good idea not all. What you was thinking when coming up with such a idea...

SerraAvenger

Cuz I can
Reaction score
>So ou cannot kill enemy players for the first 10-15 minutes, not how it is by now that you can easily kill enemy ships within seconds just by luck
It' s AoS, learn from DotA how fights are being held. 10 ~ 15 min can' t kill players isn' t good idea not all. What you was thinking when coming up with such a idea...

Hehe
I just don't like it when the first five minutes determine the whole game.
Players will be able to be killed, but not by the low equipment. Still you can use your basic weapon, or upgraded weapons.

What sometimes happens to me that at the beginning of the game, suddenly I encounter an enemy player's ship, and only with a bit of luck I get killed. He has 5 hp left or something like that.
Now that player gets extra money for killing me so he can buy better equipment and so on...

Sooda

Diversity enchants
Reaction score
> What sometimes happens to me that at the beginning of the game, suddenly I encounter an enemy player's ship, and only with a bit of luck I get killed. He has 5 hp left or something like that.
Now that player gets extra money for killing me so he can buy better equipment and so on...

When player can destroy other player' s ship then let him/ her do so. Why to hold them back just because "It' s unfair you are better than me". It happens in all AoS games. We can add rule that disables bounty for enemy players killed first 15 mins (Personally I think fast games should last 15 mins I don' t want to create map where people no-life for no reason.).
Killed by luck ? They all say so... don' t go head to head if you aren' t sure you can win it.

SerraAvenger

Cuz I can
Reaction score
> What sometimes happens to me that at the beginning of the game, suddenly I encounter an enemy player's ship, and only with a bit of luck I get killed. He has 5 hp left or something like that.

When player can destroy other player' s ship then let him/ her do so. Why to hold them back just because "It' s unfair you are better than me". It happens in all AoS games. We can add rule that disables bounty for enemy players killed first 15 mins (Personally I think fast games should last 15 mins I don' t want to create map where people no-life for no reason.).
Killed by luck ? They all say so... don' t go head to head if you aren' t sure you can win it.

Killed by luck:
I happen to encounter them. Weapons do such a high damage that I get killed within 2 secs. We have often the same equipment, so it is BY LUCk. We wether are killed both or he kills me. Believe me, it has nothing to do with "plays better than me".
I think an AoS should take half an our - 45 minutes, unless you choose "Fast mode". In fast mode we could deactivate that option.

>where people no-life
Um what shall this mean exactly?

And too, did you ever play Bships?

EDIT:
What's going on?
Why don't I hear something new?

Sooda

Diversity enchants
Reaction score
>I happen to encounter them. Weapons do such a high damage that I get killed within 2 secs. We have often the same equipment, so it is BY LUCk. We wether are killed both or he kills me. Believe me, it has nothing to do with "plays better than me".
Then that AoS sucked because everything is desided with luck.

> I think an AoS should take half an our - 45 minutes, unless you choose "Fast mode". In fast mode we could deactivate that option.

Should isn' t a rule. 15 mins is also ok you just haven' t used to it. Both can be choosen

>where people no-life
>Um what shall this mean exactly?

To just win you have to spent always 45 mins to it. If you get beated up heaviliy in one game and want to have "second chance" you have to play again 45 mins game and if that isn' t inaf again... takes huge ammount of time from day.

>And too, did you ever play Bships?

Very long time ago I played.

>What's going on?
>Why don't I hear something new?
Dunno do you have map ? Or atleast older version of it ? Because I have map in really early stage.

SerraAvenger

Cuz I can
Reaction score
> Then that AoS sucked
It was a simple Bship Psycho, where ships have 200 - 15000 hitpoints, and weapons do 9/0.4=22.5 damage per second. Players can usually afford 4 or 5 of these weapons at the beginning = arround 100 damage per second -> killed in 2 second, +- a half second :/
You got first hit, you win. You get second hit, you loose
That'S the rule

>Should isn' t a rule. 15 mins is also ok you just haven' t used to it. Both can be >choosen
I did say "I THINK" it should, not that it has to.
15 minutes is not okay for a Bship map... Atleast not in normal. mI just finished a really hard game wich took 2 and a half ours - And I lost becouse I was not used to the map ( I did not know where the ultimate weapons/equippment were :.( )
Well still I was second in all four rows ( Units, Captain score, Ressources, Total) :)

>Very long time ago I played.

Wich explains a lot ;)
Let's try a Bship Psycho match 1 vs 1? ^^

>Dunno do you have map ? Or atleast older version of it ? Because I have map in really early stage.

Nope. As far as i pursued the way of the map it is now at Don's house where he could not enter....
: P
So Don has it.

Greetings Serra

D

DemonOfNight

Well, i'm soory guys, i went on a trip those last days... i'm sorry i couldnt have announced it before because my parents prepared a surprise for me so i knew that i was going to florida only when we were at the airport!!! -.-. For tyhe map, i will soon give it back, just let me finish the things i didnt got the time to finish!!!

I'm really sorry guys, i hope you forgive me 8D!!!

Sooda

Diversity enchants
Reaction score
> Still best Bship Terrain I've ever seen

Then we are back on track.

> Let me finish the things i didnt got the time to finish!!!

Don' t hurry, we have time (Atleast I have.).

D

DemonOfNight

hehehe, same for me but im still thinking that i will finish the first weapon shop weapons!!!

Sooda

Diversity enchants
Reaction score
> Sooda are you female?

No, I just like sexy avatars (Or I think they look sexy in my opinion.).

Still waiting map, don' t forget to mention it here also when you send map.

D

DemonOfNight

lol, the first one was sexy but the 2 others are like older!!! i dont know why, i dont really like them... sorry. For the map, i have like 9 items done (3 left) so i soon finish with it!!! :D

SerraAvenger

Cuz I can
Reaction score
O.O?
Nope the actually is neat, the last one looked a bit too cartoon
And the first one looked like a small girl -.-

I will not change my avatqar to a sexy girl becouse else eversyone will think that I was a girl -.-
Yet many people think so becouse of my name...

SerraAvenger

Cuz I can
Reaction score
FUCK!
I have bad news:
SOme one was faster than us and called his Bship map "Bship Extreme!"
What are we going to do now?

The problem is that the map is really bad...
So if we take the same name, they could confuse us with them....

Monsterous

In the Shadows, Lurking.
Reaction score
Heres one idea that ive never seen in Battleships.

The Close-Killer Weapons.
Basically they are VERY powerful but take an EXTREMELY long time to reload. And they cost alot - to prevent the act of Instant killing Sailors at the start of the game. They have a short range as well, to prevent the act of far-away killing using the Imperial Boats as a Visual Show.
Also you can only have 2 Weapon Types and 1 Fusion - Due to their Weight. (Also to prevent High Damage Spam Hit and Run attacks)

Example:
Rock Cannon
Cost: 2500
Damage: 450
Range: 750
Reload Time: 8 Seconds
DPS: 56.25

Another Example:
Boulder Launcher:
Cost: 4000
Damage: 800
Range: 600
Reload Time: 9 Seconds
DPS: 88.8

Fusion Example:
Avalanche Blaster:
Requirements: Boulder Launcher and Rock Thrower
Cost: 3000
Damage: 1100
Range: 900
Reload Time: 8 Seconds
DPS: 137.5

Pros:
High Price (So it does not become avaliable early on)
Low Range (So no Far-Away killing)
Long Reload time (So not to Spam)
Weapon Count (Prevents High Damage Hit-And-Run Spam)

Cons:
Pretty useless later on.
Instantly destroy Sailor Ships.

End:

I hope you liked my "Report" for a new weapon class.

D

DemonOfNight

Serra, there is no problem because our game is named (Xtrm Battleship v.1.0). The v.1.0 make it so there are NO OTHER VERSION BY NOW. It might take a lot of time but i decided to re-do all the weapons (they were too rigged) and decided to import some icons for it!!!

Sooda

Diversity enchants
Reaction score
@ Monsterous

Thanks for your suggestions. I don' t know will we add them, SerraAvenger and
DemonOfNight must deside.

@ SerraAvenger, DemonOfNight

We have codename "BattleShips Xtrm" if we name it Xtrm Battleship v.1.0 they think it' s update. We need to give it original name. I thought "BattleShips New Era".

@ DemonOfNight

I have idea how to do item combining. There will be these shops (Basic, Advanced and so on.) I would like to get map so I could make nice combining trigger (I would also start to preload icons what shops uses. So no first lag. Also I do it so it can be easily modified. Just I don' t have right now work. I hope you don' t have there billion triggers :rolleyes:

D

DemonOfNight

kk i send the map but i only made like 5 or 6 items (basic and doubled ones) and didnt add triggers... For the icons, i dont really understand what u wanted to say but i found them at hive workshop... I imported like 8 of them (8 BTN and 8 DISBTN) i imported 1 ship model too, i took it to make the boat in the north base. Serra understand me. Send ya the map sooda...

nice avatar this time, i really like it (really sexy ;) )

There is a link to an image, i have a little problem. The model is not show, if sooda or serra could fix it so we can see it, it would be really nice!!!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Howdy
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Heard Houston got hit pretty bad by storms last night. Hope all is well with TH.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Power back on finally - all is good here no damage
    +2
  • V-SNES V-SNES:
    Happy Friday!
    +1

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.