Battle Ship Xtrm

Sooda

Diversity enchants
Reaction score
from Sooda' s mail to DemonOfNight said:
I send you back map with added triggers. This map isn' t really what I was hoping to see still it is countless times better than your old one. I personaly liked your first map most (The very first map, I still have it.).
I don' t like (I hate myself for that.) to point out your mistakes with terrain and other small flaws (Red main building should be more out of map corner. Right now it is in bad position. Even player camera can' t fit there nicly, only halfly.)
I' m wanting too much from you and I feel it isn' t right. You try hard and get back rude atitude. It' s your map- your desisions. You do what you like and how you like and I don' t want to interupt you.
To ease my thirst for perfection I shut up about terrain and do only triggers.
I see that this map is going to be different than I expected.
Don' t afraid to use space- make interiors bigger. I made map bigger. I have no idea why sight blockers dosn' t work but it can be fixed ( That zone can be done even bigger.).
I just get heart attack when I see sharp polygons pointing out from sea. If you like it good, it should be. Try to not consider my opinion here.
I have done my so far main work and would like to quit from this project because I feel that I just slow down this project.
I don' t want any credits in map about my work. I' m confused- I don' t know should I continue work with you and not pointing mistakes or leave and try to do all like I would had done :confused:

SerraAvenger

Cuz I can
Reaction score
You don't slow this project
Still we have much time to finish it.

And I think we all had something else in mind when we started to work on this map, and we have to talk about our difference opinions and make compromises.
Still we don't wan't to make a godlike map, just one people will really enjoy playing.

And it is not only his map. All that help at it and spend a lot of time on it are part of the game itself.

He is of course the manager, and name designer.
Everything we make goes to his hands and he has to say "Yes, this is good" before it will be part of the game.

I hope you won't leave our team, as you are one of the most important part of the map: the triggers. the map wil not work without it, and you help the map to be good by decreasing the lagg, anddoing some small wonders we couldn't do nor even think of, becouse we don't have any clue about Jass.

And we all are no humans, and to do mistakes is a great part of our life.
Don't apologize for any suggestions of improvement, just try not to dissaprove that hard (" I just get heart attack when I see [your terraining][...]", wich means exactly that his terraining would be that bad that it kills people!)

However, if you want, I can take on the duty of terraining...
Just if you want to. After I got a Try you can say if I shall proceed or stop and leave the work to so else.

And too, there is no problem with you being a perfectionist. But first, make your work perfect, remove any futile things and try to help us in a fair way. Never make bad what we did, but say how it could be improved, only this will help us to be up to your marks.

Greets Serra

D

DemonOfNight

ok, i understand what your thinking...

>What is the prolungment of the map
Did you made the map have a big sand beach to make it so i can make bigger ship interior?

>i still dont really like the map
Ok, i did the best thing i could do but if you dont like it, dont be afraid to tell me what to improve. I really dont care about your critisism so dont be afradi to make some too.

>im confused, may i stay with you?
Me, i can tell you that you helped you very much and that your help would be the one we should need the most for the rest of the map! If you want to leave, do it but i dont say that because i think you are a fool but i say this because everything you want to do, its you who have to decide it!

>spike going out the water. I dont understand, may you explain?

Thanks for your triggers if you leave, and if not, very good job with the jass things...

EDIT:

Serra can i plz have your e-mail adress because i really want you to have the map (i feel so bad, i rejected you all this time) so sorry!!

SerraAvenger

Cuz I can
Reaction score
1. Made terrain smoother
2.Created a ship prototype... located at the huge empty place. what fuction does this place have?
3. Created 2 Islands, reduced mass doodads a bit. Don' you think that more than 400 trees are too much for 6 islands? It took my 256 Mb grafical ram 5 minutes to render their shadows Oo

Do you want the units in the ship all die when ship sinks?
Or shall they survive?
First would be more realistic, but a bit nastier too...

D

DemonOfNight

god job, maybe you should work on the items/ships and the BIG (HUGE) sand place to the south, i think its for ships interior!!! and if you dont mind, i will make the north base ok?

tell me when you have finish with it and after we will see what to do with it!!!

SerraAvenger

Cuz I can
Reaction score
further progresses can be read in the changelog.
I will make whole terrain thing by now but pirate's harbour, that will be your job

And how do you want your weapons?
Upgradeble or just combinable?
I will add the doubling.
And how do you want Player's ships in relation to creeps?? Overwhelming, medium or weak?

D

DemonOfNight

well lets answer this with some exemples.

Code:
Creepboat1 = 200hp
Creepboat2 = 500hp
Creepboat3 = 1000hp
[COLOR="DarkOrange"](exculding the later upgrades)[/COLOR]

Then, the Player boats will be like that:

Playerboat1 = 150hp
Playerboat2 = 400hp
Playerboat3 = 800hp
[COLOR="darkorange"](exculding the hull upgrades and the armor)[/COLOR]

I made it so they always have 2 time lesser each boats compared to the old boat. In this case, they always have lesser hp than the Creepboats. I made it like that cause Playerboat can have wep OR main cannon that do the same dmg Or 10 times the dmg of the creep boats.[

>How do you make your item?
in the first 3 shrine, they are combinable (double) and in the last one, they are upgradable... Cause when its the last shrine, its too much powerful!!!

Sooda

Diversity enchants
Reaction score
I have been jackass and overcomed my "problems" so now I can work with you all again. Thanks for tolerating me :eek:
>Did you made the map have a big sand beach to make it so i can make bigger ship interior?
Yes.
I'm going to do voting trigger for game difficulty.

D

DemonOfNight

ok, when serra will have finish with the map, i will start to work on the ships interior. Do you want some king of walls that looks like support collumn? or do we do walls with cliffs? i dont really know, me so give me some ideas of how you want them!

SerraAvenger

Cuz I can
Reaction score
ok, when serra will have finish with the map, i will start to work on the ships interior. Do you want some king of walls that looks like support collumn? or do we do walls with cliffs? i dont really know, me so give me some ideas of how you want them!

Too late :D
Well they are working for now, I'm just making the load/unload triggers^^

And still, do you wan't to kill unit's on ship's death, unload them or just let them where they are?

don said:
>How do you make your item?
in the first 3 shrine, they are combinable (double) and in the last one, they are upgradable... Cause when its the last shrine, its too much powerful!!!

No I don't think so. I think doubling should be done For free. When you click on a weapon, it runs a trigger looking if you have this item twice, if yes they are merged to one item. Combining should cost some money and add small bonuses to your weapons, such as lesser cooldown, higher damage/ range.

@Sooda: Nice you are working again with us. And i have a question to your Jass trigger: why does it only work with hdes, not with h001:hbot? (These are the standart human frigate and the modified transport boat DON created...) Always when I try to run it with h001:hbot, there's an error message :(

Greets Serra

D

DemonOfNight

>no i dont think so:
Yeah, this is what i was thinking, makeing doubling wepons be free so in shop 1, 2 & 3, you can double ALL the items and then combine them in another shop (you can combine a simple wepon, not doubled and you can combine double wepons to make a new one!!!). Btw, i would like you to make the tips as the same as i did for the 2 first wepons in the shop, i like them and there is a lot more info than in normal battleships.

>Too late.
I dont care, lol i will just make them nicer. Btw, it would be nice if you could answer my walls question!!!

SerraAvenger

Cuz I can
Reaction score
@Don:
-Do you mind me to create a trigger doing that? So you don't need so many shops... I will make a dummy ability that calls a trigger when used. This trigger does nothing but check if the casting item is twice in its owners inventory and if that is true they both are removed and the doubled item is added

@Sooda:
-I'll try it out. thx if works...

EDIT:
Great it works.
And you should make a voting at the beginning for unitspawning and set those loops to an integer variable chosen with that voting (between 1 and 3), and then it is when b>4x or something likethat

D

DemonOfNight

yeah, you can do the trigger... it doesnt matter, i will only have to do the items. I want you to make an understandable trigger with if then else, i could copy it for each items! ty

SerraAvenger

Cuz I can
Reaction score
yeah, you can do the trigger... it doesnt matter, i will only have to do the items. I want you to make an understandable trigger with if then else, i could copy it for each items! ty

lol...
I make it like this:
Whenever the ability "merge item" is used, the trigger wil check if there is another item of that type, then destroy both items and add a new one. But dammn it laggs lot and seems as if my interior damage trigger doesn't work right -Sooda, seems to be your work then...

EDIT:
I think I've found the problem:
Every 1 seconds of gametime, for each player all of his/her 14 boarders are picked and dealt (maxlife hero-lifehero/number of boarders owned by that player) damage.
That means 168 units picked and dealt damage per second...

EDIT:
I've changed the spawn trigger so it creates the units we want for the players we want as often we want, but Sooda has to make the right spawntime, in relations such as declared befor in our post here. Note that we like to make spawning every 30 seconds.

And what do you think about having players much more life but lesser damage then creeps?

D

DemonOfNight

hey serra, are you good with multishot (barrage thing) cause im not really good, sometimes it bugs. Can you make an item so it have like 5 shots (arrow) so i can copy->paste it for others item cause im sure that we will need to make item that have more than 4 arrows???

Sooda

Diversity enchants
Reaction score
Using periodic event on every possible occasion is nonsenss. Always try to detect event not check for event.
I mus tsay that GUI isn' t best solution but I have no time to redo all your super complicated GUI actions. Main reason for using JASS is that it' s faster than GUI.
I tell when vote is ready.

SerraAvenger

Cuz I can
Reaction score
Using periodic event on every possible occasion is nonsenss. Always try to detect event not check for event.
I mus tsay that GUI isn' t best solution but I have no time to redo all your super complicated GUI actions. Main reason for using JASS is that it' s faster than GUI.
I tell when vote is ready.

Yes I tried it to detect the hit event, but still it does crash...

I hope i didn't bug it^^

D

DemonOfNight

what do you think of my little cinematic at the start, eh? i think in this, we could display the information a player should know. This thing could be great for the noob and for the first player! Let see how finished the map is... Its aproximatly:

-Terrain: 25% (+ Serra) = 35%, i think
-Trigger: 10% (+ Serra combining one) = 12%, i think
-Units: 5%
-Weapons: 2%
-Upgrades: 0%
-Good ideas: 5% (for the item combining and ship interior)

Yeah, i think this is an overall of what we did yet! Tell me when you finished with the map, Serra, i want to see the well done work you did with everything!

SerraAvenger

Cuz I can
Reaction score
yeah your cinema is good, but it needs still 2 things:
1.: An option to exit/skip
2.:The text

And I#ve got a good Idea for Player's weapons: What do you think about making low level weapons unable to attack hero's?
Else it will end in a slaughter from the beginning, and that player that get's the first kill will have extra money wich allows him to buy extra weopons very soon, and makes him better for the rest of the game :(
And too, they should be unable to attack towers

I created 2 additional bases, perhaps for spawning creeps, extra shops or st like that

greets serra

Edit: My mom created a very easy trigger for me so i didnot need any Jass at all^^
You just have to assign you items to itembasic and itemdoubled

ps: do you want to create 100 weapons O.O

Edit: have found a nice website for sooda, not meant to be offense. but using a, n, u and so on is hard to see through: http://mindprod.com/jgloss/unmain.html

I will send back the map now. May others finish what I've started with the interior damage trigger

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Howdy
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Heard Houston got hit pretty bad by storms last night. Hope all is well with TH.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Power back on finally - all is good here no damage
    +2
  • V-SNES V-SNES:
    Happy Friday!
    +1

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.